• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obamacare is a tax on employment.

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Here, let me help wreck your weekend for you.

By: Moe Lane
June 15th, 2013

Postulated: If you wish to see more of something, you subsidize it; if you wish to see less of something, you tax it. I assume that we are all on board with this, yes? – After all, this has been a major point used to justify sin taxes for, well, my entire life. In other words… “tax it out of existence” is a sentiment that is not exactly unique to this post.

Which leads to this observation from Andy Puzder, head of the company that operates Hardees and Carl’s, Jr:

About 40% of [CKE Restaurants CEO Andy] Puzder’s employees are part-time and therefore exempt from ObamaCare’s coverage mandates. “That percentage of employees will probably go up. Everybody is hiring more part-time employees,” he says, though he is quick to add that “we’re not firing anyone to hire” part-time workers. “Through attrition, three full-time employees go away and you hire four part-time employees who basically have the same hours.”

Mr. Puzder also expects fast-food restaurants to deal with ObamaCare by replacing workers with kiosks. “You’re going to go into a fast-food restaurant and order on an iPad or tablet instead of talking to a person because we don’t have to pay benefits for any of those things.”​

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Obamacare is a tax on employment. | RedState

Will the implementation of ObamaCare cause the loss of more employment? We already see that most full time employment is going the way of the dodo. Employer have reduced the hours of employees to offset the mandate of ObamaCare. What more will Obama do to destroy America's businesses and financial viability?

Here, let me help wreck your weekend for you.

By: Moe Lane
June 15th, 2013

Postulated: If you wish to see more of something, you subsidize it; if you wish to see less of something, you tax it. I assume that we are all on board with this, yes? – After all, this has been a major point used to justify sin taxes for, well, my entire life. In other words… “tax it out of existence” is a sentiment that is not exactly unique to this post.

Which leads to this observation from Andy Puzder, head of the company that operates Hardees and Carl’s, Jr:

About 40% of [CKE Restaurants CEO Andy] Puzder’s employees are part-time and therefore exempt from ObamaCare’s coverage mandates. “That percentage of employees will probably go up. Everybody is hiring more part-time employees,” he says, though he is quick to add that “we’re not firing anyone to hire” part-time workers. “Through attrition, three full-time employees go away and you hire four part-time employees who basically have the same hours.”

Mr. Puzder also expects fast-food restaurants to deal with ObamaCare by replacing workers with kiosks. “You’re going to go into a fast-food restaurant and order on an iPad or tablet instead of talking to a person because we don’t have to pay benefits for any of those things.”​

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Obamacare is a tax on employment. | RedState

Will the implementation of ObamaCare cause the loss of more employment? We already see that most full time employment is going the way of the dodo. Employer have reduced the hours of employees to offset the mandate of ObamaCare. What more will Obama do to destroy America's businesses and financial viability?

The truth does seem to be a little hard to take on the part of Progressives forcing ObamaCare on America.

The truth does seem to be a little hard to take on the part of Progressives forcing ObamaCare on America.

I know its hard for you to handle but when you make threads about the same thing every single day, people tend to grow fatigued of your threads and simply ignore them. They could be the most valuable and informative topics on Earth, but constantly being barraged by the same thing every day and night makes people roll their eyes and ignore.

Try posting maybe only one of these threads each day. You might get more responses.

That's if you care about getting any responses.

I know its hard for you to handle but when you make threads about the same thing every single day, people tend to grow fatigued of your threads and simply ignore them. They could be the most valuable and informative topics on Earth, but constantly being barraged by the same thing every day and night makes people roll their eyes and ignore.

Try posting maybe only one of these threads each day. You might get more responses.

That's if you care about getting any responses.

You must admit though the threads are coming from different sources. That said, I guess you feel it's good that your health- care insurance is going up higher than 200% so that the government can redistribute it to others, like illegal aliens.

Back
Top Bottom