• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obamacare INCREASES Healthcare Insurance Premiums?!

I was in the military, I had government healthcare. I do not desire to force that upon anyone else, ever.
1) Obamacare ≠ "government healthcare." It's specifically designed to maintain the current private system for most people.

2) Medicare, which is a step beyond Obamacare but still not "government healthcare," is a very popular program. Veterans Health Administration also offers better quality care than many private hospitals or systems.

3) Many single-payer systems are in fact quite popular, e.g. UK, France. Other systems, where government has significant control, are also very popular (Japan, Taiwan).

4) Even in nations with a single-payer system, there are private options.

5) You still haven't told me the Republican alternative to Obamacare.

1) Obamacare ≠ "government healthcare." It's specifically designed to maintain the current private system for most people.

It will become government healthcare, once the system collapses. But that is the stated goal by many of the supporters of Obamacare.

2) Medicare, which is a step beyond Obamacare but still not "government healthcare," is a very popular program. Veterans Health Administration also offers better quality care than many private hospitals or systems.

I will not begrudge those at the VA that TRY and that CARE, but in general, this is not what I see in the VA's that I go to for work, nor does it go along with the stories I hear from those that use the VA.

3) Many single-payer systems are in fact quite popular, e.g. UK, France. Other systems, where government has significant control, are also very popular (Japan, Taiwan).

Who cares what is 'popular'? We have a nation of idiots that is growing is % of idiots. If we go by what is 'popular' we will simply hasten our arrival at the state of Idiocracy.

4) Even in nations with a single-payer system, there are private options.

Because the government run portion denies so much, because it has to because it can't really take care of everyone.

5) You still haven't told me the Republican alternative to Obamacare.[/QUOTE]

Are you still on that whole, "it was their idea, so what is their alternative" silliness?

It will become government healthcare, once the system collapses. But that is the stated goal by many of the supporters of Obamacare.
While there are some supporters of Obamacare who prefer single-payer, the goal of the legislation is NOT to make the system so terrible that it becomes single-payer. If that's what they wanted to do, they could've just waited another 10 years, for care to get so expensive, and insurance coverage to drop even further, that people would be screaming for single-payer.

It is also unquestionably not the case that Heritage or Romney wanted single payer when they designed, advocated for and/or passed Romneycare.

Who cares what is 'popular'?
It's reasonable to assume that if it wasn't working, or was anywhere near the disaster predicted by ACA critics, it wouldn't be popular.

Oh, and we live in a nation where public opinion does, in fact, matter. If you don't like it, feel free to move to Saudi Arabia. ;)

Because the government run portion denies so much, because it has to because it can't really take care of everyone.
Incorrect. Systems like NHS work very well; the private options remain for those who don't want to use the public system.

It's the same with education. The existence of public schools has not eliminated private education, despite the cost differential; and it has existed regardless of the quality of public schools. E.g. there are many affluent districts with excellent public schools, and some parents in those districts still choose to send their children to private schools.

Are you still on that whole, "it was their idea, so what is their alternative" silliness?
You said, and I quote: "One actually has to quit listening to the talking heads to hear what the 'other' side has to say and puts out in terms of ideas, so I understand how you may have missed some of the ideas that were turned down by those ramming obamacare through the legislature."

So. What are the ideas that I've missed?

Last edited:
the goal of the legislation is NOT to make the system so terrible that it becomes single-payer.

According to some that pushed and voted to pass it, it was.

The rest of your post is pure fantasy, and it bores me.

There is a lot of misinformation and wishful thinking in the above. Just saying that as someone who is in the health care field and see's how badly it is destroying things and it's not even fully implemented yet.

Still wondering what the "misinformation" is supposed to be.

Back
Top Bottom