• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obamacare Cuts Workweeks to Record Low

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff
August 30, 2013

Employers of low wage workers are cutting work weeks as Obamacare implementation comes closer, according to Investors Business Daily.

Workweeks have shrunk over the last 18 months for 30 million workers in industries where non supervisors make about $14.50 an hour or less. Analysts say that employers are cutting hours for low wage workers to avoid penalties required by Obamacare. According to Business Daily:
As a whole, low-wage industry groups added just shy of 1 million jobs in the 18 months through June, but total hours worked grew one-third slower than payrolls over that span. In effect, the shorter workweek in low-wage industries boosted payrolls by 320,000.​

Read more:
Obamacare Cuts Workweeks to Record Low | Washington Free Beacon

I hear that Obamacare will get Health care for 30 million Americans and a slew of Illegal aliens, While more that 40 million working Americans will lose their Company healthcare benefits. Hmm... throwing the baby out with the bath water.

I hear that Obamacare will get Health care for 30 million Americans and a slew of Illegal aliens, While more that 40 million working Americans will lose their Company healthcare benefits. Hmm... throwing the baby out with the bath water.

er uh wehr, you hear a lot of things. sadly we have to hear them too. And you seem to hear a lot of things that are not true. Here's an idea. why not just post things that are true instead of things you heard? Please back up the "slew of illegal aliens" and "40 million Americans" claims.

Last edited:
er uh wehr, you hear a lot of things. sadly we have to hear them too. And you seem to hear a lot of things that are not true. Here's an idea. why not just post things that are true instead of things you heard? Please back up the "slew of illegal aliens" and "40 million Americans" claims.

Then explain the decisions of large Corporations reducing employee health benefits for families. Why are companies like Delta Airlines, UPS, etc., telling employees that they will be covered but their families will not be? Why is the new norm or employment less than 30 hours per week?

Illegal Immigrants and Obamacare - About.com US Politics

uspolitics.about.com/...Illegal-Immigrants-Covered-Under-Obamacare.htm
Are illegal immigrants covered under Obamacare? Find out how undocumented immigrants can get free health care in the United States. Read about the …
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UPS to cut employees’ working spouses from its health plans
UPS to cut employees’ working spouses from its health plans
Washington Post·6 days ago United Parcel Service is planning to end health care coverage for thousands of its employees’ working spouses. But while some companies are forcing working…
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Employers play Obamacare blame game
Employers play Obamacare blame game for cutting benefits - Aug. 29, 2013
CNN Money·2 days ago Employers at companies like UPS are cutting benefits and blaming Obamacare. Employers are citing increased costs imposed by the Affordable Care Act -- as…
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Obamacare Mandate: Anyone Who Works 30-Hour Week Is Now 'Full-Time ...

cnsnews.com/news/article/obamacare-mandate-anyone-who-works-30...

CNSNews.com) – A little-known section in the Obamacare health reform law defines “full-time” work as averaging only 30 hours per week, a definition that will ...

Then explain the decisions of large Corporations reducing employee health benefits for families. Why are companies like Delta Airlines, UPS, etc., telling employees that they will be covered but their families will not be? Why is the new norm or employment less than 30 hours per week?
Er uh wehr, I cant find anything about illegal immigrants getting Obamacare in your first link. I did however find a nice recipe for Grilled Chicken Wings with Florida Orange Mescal Glaze. Not that I don’t appreciate that but it wasn’t what I was looking for.

Now read this slowly. You made the claim that “more that 40 million working Americans will lose their Company healthcare benefits”. You then mentioned Delta and UPS. Delta is only complaining about the cost. UPS is only stopping HC benefits for working spouses that can get it from their own employers ( the tragedy of it all). This trend existed before Obamacare so it seems a little weak to blame Obamacare. But if you do then Obamacare will save UPS 60 million a year. So they should be thanking President Obama for the 60 million they’ll save.

And UPS says it will affect 15,000 spouses. So you’ve still got 39,985,000 Americans to go before you get to 40 million.

And that last link is funny (and it didn't work either) Its not a little known fact that Obamacare defines over 30 hours per week as full time. I don’t doubt its little known to you.

Er uh wehr, I cant find anything about illegal immigrants getting Obamacare in your first link. I did however find a nice recipe for Grilled Chicken Wings with Florida Orange Mescal Glaze. Not that I don’t appreciate that but it wasn’t what I was looking for.

Now read this slowly. You made the claim that “more that 40 million working Americans will lose their Company healthcare benefits”. You then mentioned Delta and UPS. Delta is only complaining about the cost. UPS is only stopping HC benefits for working spouses that can get it from their own employers ( the tragedy of it all). This trend existed before Obamacare so it seems a little weak to blame Obamacare. But if you do then Obamacare will save UPS 60 million a year. So they should be thanking President Obama for the 60 million they’ll save.

And UPS says it will affect 15,000 spouses. So you’ve still got 39,985,000 Americans to go before you get to 40 million.

And that last link is funny (and it didn't work either) Its not a little known fact that Obamacare defines over 30 hours per week as full time. I don’t doubt its little known to you.

I cannot help it if you are unable to use your computer correctly.
The Issues
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Illegal Immigrants and Obamacare

Last edited:
I cannot help it if you are unable to use your computer correctly.
The Issues
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Illegal Immigrants and Obamacare

thanks wehr, you blaming me for you not posting the link correctly supports a theory I have about you. But even with you properly posting the link, I don't see the part where Obamacare gives illegal immigrants health care. could you please cut and paste the part that says that. I don't think that's too much to ask because it is your 'claim'. Have you ever noticed that I don't mindlessly post a link. I cut and paste the appropriate blurb from the link that backs up my statement. I have another theory about you and others just posting a link without cutting and pasting the appropriate blurb from the link that you claim backs up your statement.

Obamacare doesn't provide for fines for failure to insure part time employees. Why would anybody be surprised that companies would convert as many full time jobs to part time as possible. Businesses will always adapt to the marketplace. If they need to put them back to being full time employees in order to be competitive, they will do that too. Put pressure on a business and it will find a place or a way to relieve or reduce the pressure. I has been like that for millenia. That is the reason that every time government sticks its foot in the business world, it fails to accomplish its goal.

So why are we pissed at the legislation and not the people who actually made the decision to stop employing full time workers? Why are we not upset at the people who have proven that their priority is profit, and not the prosperity of the American people? Why do we just accept this as the priority?

And cutting hours will not effect the workers at all in getting HC.

IT ONLY MEANS THEY DONT PAY $3000 FINE.

At 29 hrs it is still free or only 4% of your pay..........

And when the employer mandate takes effect, it covers ALL people, FT, PT, kids or no, every employee gets the same coverage.

So you see, the OLD DEAD system of FT getting all, and the rest getting screwed is DEAD. the EMPLOYER has NO CONTROL over HC any more.........

And still spouting the lie about illegals????????

Show us all the section that includes illegals in the ACA. Quote the law like I can.............that shows they are excluded.

Last edited:
And cutting hours will not effect the workers at all in getting HC.

IT ONLY MEANS THEY DONT PAY $3000 FINE.

At 29 hrs it is still free or only 4% of your pay..........

And when the employer mandate takes effect, it covers ALL people, FT, PT, kids or no, every employee gets the same coverage.

So you see, the OLD DEAD system of FT getting all, and the rest getting screwed is DEAD. the EMPLOYER has NO CONTROL over HC any more.........

And still spouting the lie about illegals????????

Show us all the section that includes illegals in the ACA. Quote the law like I can.............that shows they are excluded.

er uh wehr, well it probably has to do with there skin color.........

BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff
August 30, 2013

Employers of low wage workers are cutting work weeks as Obamacare implementation comes closer, according to Investors Business Daily.

Workweeks have shrunk over the last 18 months for 30 million workers in industries where non supervisors make about $14.50 an hour or less. Analysts say that employers are cutting hours for low wage workers to avoid penalties required by Obamacare. According to Business Daily:
As a whole, low-wage industry groups added just shy of 1 million jobs in the 18 months through June, but total hours worked grew one-third slower than payrolls over that span. In effect, the shorter workweek in low-wage industries boosted payrolls by 320,000.​

Read more:
Obamacare Cuts Workweeks to Record Low | Washington Free Beacon

The problem is that much of his base probably does not mind less hours.

I wonder what percentage of your cut and paste whacky post are accurate. Illegal immigrants only get stabilized and shipped.

So why are we pissed at the legislation and not the people who actually made the decision to stop employing full time workers? Why are we not upset at the people who have proven that their priority is profit, and not the prosperity of the American people? Why do we just accept this as the priority?

Have you ever owned a business? Newsflash: It is kinda important that you make a profit

Have you ever owned a business? Newsflash: It is kinda important that you make a profit.

I wonder what percentage of your cut and paste whacky post are accurate. Illegal immigrants only get stabilized and shipped.

Is that right? So where are the estimated 10 million illegal aliens? Increasing the minimum wage will only allow more illegal aliens to get jobs, while Americans with going for increased minimum wages will not be hired. To think I started my first real job at fourteen yrs. old making $0.50/hr., and yes I retired making $100,000 plus a year.

Wow, really? You are soooo impressive. How do you figure increasing minimum wage will allow more illegal aliens to get jobs? That is why they are here, they will work for less and increase the bottom line for the scum bag business owners that take advantage of them.
Is that right? So where are the estimated 10 million illegal aliens? Increasing the minimum wage will only allow more illegal aliens to get jobs, while Americans with going for increased minimum wages will not be hired. To think I started my first real job at fourteen yrs. old making $0.50/hr., and yes I retired making $100,000 plus a year.

Wow, really? You are soooo impressive. How do you figure increasing minimum wage will allow more illegal aliens to get jobs? That is why they are here, they will work for less and increase the bottom line for the scum bag business owners that take advantage of them.

Small business employers will employ more illegals rather than have to pay the new minimum wage. Unless you haven't looked lately full time 40 hour a week jobs are becoming like hen's teeth. Many companies are now hiring people to work less than 29 hours per week. That is the new norm. Why pay higher minimum wages when you can hire 2 wet-backs at half the rate? That means less jobs for Americans. BTW I combined both issues into one, just for you.

Dont forget you walked to school and work uphill both ways in the snow as well!

You are calling American small business owners criminals, and I agree, they are the real criminals. What exactly is a wet back?
Small business employers will employ more illegals rather than have to pay the new minimum wage. Unless you haven't looked lately full time 40 hour a week jobs are becoming like hen's teeth. Many companies are now hiring people to work less than 29 hours per week. That is the new norm. Why pay higher minimum wages when you can hire 2 wet-backs at half the rate? That means less jobs for Americans. BTW I combined both issues into one, just for you.

You are calling American small business owners criminals, and I agree, they are the real criminals. What exactly is a wet back?

What I described is exactly what Obama is forcing small business owners to do. Small business owners are honest people. Obviously you've lived a cloistered life and don't have a command of English to understand or define what I write.
As a previous small business owner, I treated the employees I hired with respect and paid them the rate dictated by the State and Federal government. As with any small businesses, they work on a very small profit margins to be competitive. Obama's directives cut into those small profit margins. There were many weeks in my life that I paid my help and didn't pay myself to meet expenses of the business. Thankfully I had a wife that understood my aspirations and helped. If I had to pay employees $11.00/hour, I'd have to release at least two employees out of seven to maintain my slim profits or raise the cost of the product and price my self out of competition and lose business.

Obama is not forcing small business owners to break the law. If they break the law it is their decision simply to profit more from the labor of illegals. If you break the law intentionally you are not an honest person. You are, by definition a criminal. I might be able to read your words, but you are not intelligent enough to grasp the concepts you are spewing.
What I described is exactly what Obama is forcing small business owners to do. Small business owners are honest people. Obviously you've lived a cloistered life and don't have a command of English to understand or define what I write.
As a previous small business owner, I treated the employees I hired with respect and paid them the rate dictated by the State and Federal government. As with any small businesses, they work on a very small profit margins to be competitive. Obama's directives cut into those small profit margins. There were many weeks in my life that I paid my help and didn't pay myself to meet expenses of the business. Thankfully I had a wife that understood my aspirations and helped. If I had to pay employees $11.00/hour, I'd have to release at least two employees out of seven to maintain my slim profits or raise the cost of the product and price my self out of competition and lose business.

Obama is not forcing small business owners to break the law. If they break the law it is their decision simply to profit more from the labor of illegals. If you break the law intentionally you are not an honest person. You are, by definition a criminal. I might be able to read your words, but you are not intelligent enough to grasp the concepts you are spewing.

You mean like this:

Employer audits skyrocket in ICE's hunt for those hiring illegal ...

www.foxnews.com/.../12/...ice-hunt-for-those-hiring-illegal-immigrants

Dec 23, 2012 · SEATTLE – U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement reached its highest number yet of companies audited for illegal immigrants on their payrolls …
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How to prevent businesses from hiring illegal immigrants

www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/01/30/one-way-to...

How to prevent businesses from hiring illegal immigrants. By ... labor enforcement can’t make that big a dent in the number of employers hiring ... 2013. The Post ...

BTW as you can see I would not hire any Illegals, but I would have to fire people. In the farm, restaurant and Lawn care business , just how many legals are hired in deference to illegal aliens. I'm all for living an honest and criminal free life, but it takes different people to make the world go round.

Back
Top Bottom