• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ObamaCare..anyone tried to sign up this morning?

WCH

Believer
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Heard some rumors of difficulty signing up.

Can someone explain Obamacare to me please?

No! They could not explain it when they passed it in to law so we now have something but we don't know what it is. My deductible just went from 2,000 to 3,000 and for married guys it went from 6,000 to 9,000 dollars. Thank you Oblabla.

No! They could not explain it when they passed it in to law so we now have something but we don't know what it is. My deductible just went from 2,000 to 3,000 and for married guys it went from 6,000 to 9,000 dollars. Thank you Oblabla.

A rising deductible: the invisible rate hike.

You have a choice to either have insurance or pay a $95 fine/tax. You also have a choice to obtain your insurance through your employer, or purchase a private policy, or purchase a policy through a government insurance exchange (which may or may not be subsidized depending on your income).

Is that simple enough? Is that going to cause the ruination of our economy or healthcare system? Some seem to think so, although I can't imagine why.

You have a choice to either have insurance or pay a $95 fine/tax. You also have a choice to obtain your insurance through your employer, or purchase a private policy, or purchase a policy through a government insurance exchange (which may or may not be subsidized depending on your income).

Is that simple enough? Is that going to cause the ruination of our economy or healthcare system? Some seem to think so, although I can't imagine why.

Thank you...what happens if you are not working though?

Could be 'cause the FedGov is in charge of it??

I have been trying to get into healthcare.gov but either get system error or 'too busy' delay.

I have been trying to get into healthcare.gov but either get system error or 'too busy' delay.

I would imagine that there is a huge rush to get this product. Just like the new Iphone.

But since none of the insurance takes effect until Jan 1st, there shouldn't be any rush. I know that you are super excited to finally have affordable insurance, but chill out, and you will get your opportunity!

I don't really have strong feelings myself about it one way or another. Something needs to be fixed and while Obamacare may not seem perfect I'd like to atleast see if it might work before destroying it.

Went to sign up....and got this

The System is down at the moment.
We're working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Please try again later.
Please include the reference ID below if you wish to contact us at 1-800-318-2596 for support.
Error from: https%3A//www.healthcare.gov/marketplace/global/en_US/registration%23signUpStepOne
Reference ID: 0.cdd7c17.1380632025.1219adf1

https://www.healthcare.gov/marketplace/individual/

I really, really, really, really hate the word free. It should be banished from the English language. It is the word of economic illiterates and marketers preying on the former.

Please include the reference ID below if you wish to contact us at 1-800-318-2596 for support.
Error from: https%3A//www.healthcare.gov/marketplace/global/en_US/registration%23signUpStepOne

I'm just glad that the American public is rushing to get this insurance, particularly conservatives, you guys deserve to have affordable insurance. Obviously, it was a needed product, and the overload of people signing up is the proof. You guys have proved Obama correct.

Worked for me. What level did you get through. I can get to the state's sites.

I suspect that it's people like you, who don't even qualify for Obamacare, that are clogging up the system.

I would imagine that there is a huge rush to get this product. Just like the new Iphone.

Ok, so I did get to the login screen. Upon initiating my account I got to 'security question' answers. The pull downs for the question options was blank...

But since none of the insurance takes effect until Jan 1st, there shouldn't be any rush. I know that you are super excited to finally have affordable insurance, but chill out, and you will get your opportunity!

Yes, I am aware of all that. It is my desire to shop for 'more affordable' insurance as my current plan is being discontinued due to non-compliance. I am not a wait around until kinda guy (nor is ESPECIALLY my wife!) thus the attempt. And yes, I am super excited...to see either success or failure so that we can MOVE ON!

btw, the luddite in me prevents the rush out for the new Iphone...;)

Heard some rumors of difficulty signing up.

For the hell of it, I went to healthcare.gov and then selected Nevada. Nevada's is not up and ready yet. There are no choices to sign up or apply for the Nevada site. It just lets you get information and that's all so far.

I got to the state site and got the error message. It's apparently happening all over the country.

Someone mentioned software issues earlier in the week.

MAYBE THE WORKERS GOT FURLOUGHED??

FOX is reporting technical snafus.

Not really surprising. They were rumoured ahead of time. Daddy government isn't the only one that suffers from day 1 launch issues, happens to major games too.

Back
Top Bottom