• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ObamaCare..anyone tried to sign up this morning?

Ok, so I backed off the 'security question' page, re-entered my account name and password and now am being kicked out. Upon trying to login again (after waiting for the system to catch up) the AN/PW is unrecognized...

your personal information is probably in the hands of some one in Nigeria as we speak

You have a choice to either have insurance or pay a $95 fine/tax...

Or 1% of your income, whichever is higher if I'm not mistaken...

The website has had so many visits, right now there is a waiting period to log on.

and you would think that the smartest man in the room would have enough common sense to realize the influx of attempted applicants on the first day to have enough bandwidth to handle it and lets not forget the billions spent to get this train wreck up and running for it not to work

No! They could not explain it when they passed it in to law so we now have something but we don't know what it is. My deductible just went from 2,000 to 3,000 and for married guys it went from 6,000 to 9,000 dollars. Thank you Oblabla.

It didn't do that because of the ACA. The ACA limits the deductible. What company does your company use?

You get a freakin' job!

Might be easier said than done as the “Real” Unemployment Rate Is 9.7 Per Cent...

What happens to the people who are on Welfare when or if they become ill?

Cameron has suggested that our long-term unemployed aka known as dole scroungers, could do menial tasks in order to receive their handouts...such as picking up litter in the streets, gardening,etc..to shame them into getting a job...

Do you think this would work??

Not quite. I retired at 49...61 now

If I'm too personal just give me a STFU.

... so you probably won't be dependent on Mcare when you get there?
I'm asking because Ocare raids Mcare and it's IPAB cuts costs to providers.

and you would think that the smartest man in the room would have enough common sense to realize the influx of attempted applicants on the first day to have enough bandwidth to handle it and lets not forget the billions spent to get this train wreck up and running for it not to work

It's going to work. I think it's a very good sign so many are trying to sign up. It is here to stay and eventually republicans will have to face that, although after how many years; they still haven't accepted Soc Sec. Still trying to dismantle it.

And ACA is going to change this how?

I never claimed it would, that's why I am against it.

Look, I realize there are anomalies out there. Some get charged exorbitant rates while others pay little of nothing, always have always will for a multitude of reasons. I also am uncertain of how ACA will work out but am willing to give it a try. The questions I persistently ask folks around me; Anti-aca - If the law works will you EVER be willing to admit that it works? Pro-aca - If the law is unworkable will you EVER be willing to admit that it is a failure?

Some anomolies? No, it's STANDARD in the Health Care industry to overcharge people. Like I said, I don't want ACA, but our system is not "just fine" either.

I think it's a very good sign so many are trying to sign up.

Most people I think are signing up because they HAVE TO, not because they want to. Of course most people don't want to pay a penalty.

It's going to work. I think it's a very good sign so many are trying to sign up. It is here to stay and eventually republicans will have to face that, although after how many years; they still haven't accepted Soc Sec. Still trying to dismantle it.
They're curious ... and as for SocSec, huh?

If I'm too personal just give me a STFU.

... so you probably won't be dependent on Mcare when you get there?
I'm asking because Ocare raids Mcare and it's IPAB cuts costs to providers.

No, we will not be dependent but will engage. The VAST majority of our medical expenses are paid for via cash as it commands MUCH more leverage as to access and cost control. But we carry major medical and will rely on Mcare (for what it's worth) for those potential extreme cases.

Most people I think are signing up because they HAVE TO, not because they want to. Of course most people don't want to pay a penalty.

The younger generation is not the majority of the people.

I never claimed it would, that's why I am against it.

Some anomolies? No, it's STANDARD in the Health Care industry to overcharge people. Like I said, I don't want ACA, but our system is not "just fine" either.

Try paying cash and see how this 'overcharge' is reduced...

The younger generation is not the majority of the people.

Look, I'm not going to argue semantics with you. I said my opinion, and I stick to it. I think the majority of people are signing up because they have to and not because they want to.

it shut down at 12:09 last night how many do you think stayed up to sign up

No, we will not be dependent but will engage. The VAST majority of our medical expenses are paid for via cash as it commands MUCH more leverage as to access and cost control. But we carry major medical and will rely on Mcare (for what it's worth) for those potential extreme cases.

Wish you well, my friend.

That penalty will be 7 times that amount in a couple of years.
Will the subsidy cover the total premium as well as the deductible?
Will your current doctor be in the government exchange?
How does the cheapest Ocare plan compare with what you have now?
Will your out of pocket expense be the same, less than, or greater with Ocare?

The subsidy doesn't cover the deductible, depending on your income just how much of a subsidy you get can vary.

Your doctor has a choice to make, ACA isn't medicare, it is insurance and works just like private insurance. You get to pick your primary care provider- your doctor, families get to include an OB/GYN or pediatric if they have kids.

I went the the Kaiser family Foundation site which gives you an idea of what coverage you 'qualify' for. My income and state put me in the Silver plan, one step above Bronze plan- the cheapest. The bottomline was deductible lower, out of pocket cap lower, premium within one dollar, 80/20 cost split remained the same.

I am privately insured now.

I DID too. Another issue that is being under-reported is that the private companies have not been quoting plans waiting for today (at least BCBS in TN). I spoke to the 'agents' who confirmed this was the norm. I have also spoken to friends in the same situation who confirmed this in their experience.

And I changed insurance companies after a Humana company jacked my rates up steadily until we got tired of it. Did that 3 months ago and made it good for 6 months. I have heard some less than flattering things about BCBS. Perhaps BCBS is worried they will lose many private insurance customers once the far better 'Metal Plans' come out.

Back
Top Bottom