• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Obama zombies': Americans sign prankster's petition to nuke Russia

Dibbler

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
US journalist Mark Rice has asked the people of San Diego to sign President Barack Obama's "plan" to nuke Russia to "maintain America's superiority." The majority of beachgoers didn't appear to get the joke, and signed the fake petition.

The "experiment" was recorded on video, which Mark Ricethen shared on his Twitter, YouTube and Facebook accounts.

"We just need a couple more signatures to support President [Barack] Obama's new plan to deal with Russia," Dice tell a random man whom he stops. "We are going to launch a pre-emptive nuclear strike."

The man, who does not seem to be much familiar with the issue, cuts off Dice in mid-sentence, and says: "I'll sign it for you."

http://www.sott.net/article/297602-Obama-zombies-Americans-sign-pranksters-petition-to-nuke-Russia

How can America survive, how can it maintain a 'democracy' when the 80% of eligible voters are clueless about....everything ? :doh

A thread like this is gonna go nowhere fast. I expect the people who feed off threads like this to holler to the mountains about low info voters and then you'll have the other side of the aisle insist that this isn't an accurate representation of the voting demographic before fetching up videos where democratic leaning individuals do the same thing to the Republican/Conservative low info voters.

We can't maintain a democracy in which we allow voters who actually believe we'd ever alert a sneak attack military target ahead of time by distributing a petition, not to mention with no regard whatsoever for the fact the target is fully capable of retaliating.

It's time to put more restrictions on voting than being a convicted felon, like being a complete warmongering halfwit

Also illustrates the completely illegitimate nature of ballot proposals. The dullards will sign anything.

Meh it seems like a joke , and personally I would have signed it for laughs as I'm aware that a pettion in no way a like this could ever existif it was real and the ones who started was a troll . If the president any president truly wanted to nuke a country it would be a top secrete classified thing and kept under wraps so the intended target wouldn't be aware of it and cause them to nuke back in retaliation or as their own preemptive strike causing a fallout 3 like future.

Also Russia come on this isn't the 1950's it would he more convincing if they said North Korea .

I would have signed it, not because I was unaware but because I love a good joke. Also it seems like something the impractical jokers would do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom