• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

That's a feature and not a bug. It was a great loss to the terrorists. Their behavior and their defeat has undermined their ideology.

What defeat???? There are more terrorists world wide now then there were before our wars on terror.

The insurgents were Sunnis and were complicit in the brutal dominion over the Shia before we arrived. We saved countless lives and freed a people.

Go back and read the data at Iraq Body Count. There were no where near the number of deaths in Iraq before our war against them. We killed many more times the number of innocent civilians than the terrorists did on 9/11.

And if you consider being occupied by a heavily armed foreign army as being free then we have very different definitions of freedom.

I missed this bit.

Our knowingly duel use targeting of electric plants and water treatment plants followed by the ten years of sanctions where not even emergency water pumps were allowed in to get clean water to people and caused the death of 100,000 and doubled the infant mortality rate.

I agree that sanctions are not an effective way to change a regime's behavior.

The destruction of infrastructure made life difficult, but not deadly. Saddam intentionally failed to rebuild infrastructure in Shia provinces.

We knowing brought that about, which makes us responsible.

No, Saddam is responsible.

Now that President Obama has won this prestigious award, a "good war" he himself labeled in Afghanistan proceeds on but the protests are minimized, the budget plunges into record debt but the Left are no longer concerned and "illegal" wiretapping continues and that issue is no longer a abomination. The inclination of promoting peace while at the same time authorizing missile air strikes on the battle grounds of Afghanistan murdering innocent life's precious blood and permitting the execution of 3 Somalia pirates, that logic is fundamentally erroneous.

Last edited:
What defeat???? There are more terrorists world wide now then there were before our wars on terror.

Not true.

Go back and read the data at Iraq Body Count. There were no where near the number of deaths in Iraq before our war against them. We killed many more times the number of innocent civilians than the terrorists did on 9/11.

There were many, many deaths before our war. The point is we didn't kill all of these civilians. The terrorists did. They are responsible.

And if you consider being occupied by a heavily armed foreign army as being free then we have very different definitions of freedom.

They are politically free. The Shia dominate the government. This is a great thing we have done. We freed people from oppression in accordance with liberal principles. Where have yours gone?

I missed this bit.

I agree that sanctions are not an effective way to change a regime's behavior.

The destruction of infrastructure made life difficult, but not deadly. Saddam intentionally failed to rebuild infrastructure in Shia provinces.

No, Saddam is responsible.

Just keep telling yourself that. :peace

Just keep telling yourself that. :peace

And you just keep telling yourself it was all Bush's fault.

He had nothing to do with the Sanctions, btw. The sanctions were a UN move. I hadn't heard that water pumps weren't allowed to be imported - that would suck - but Saddam never would have installed them in Shia areas anyhow.

I had another post up there, you seemed to have missed. Does the peace symbol mean this conversation is over? :) :peace

And you just keep telling yourself it was all Bush's fault.

I have never said it was all Bush's fault.

I had another post up there, you seemed to have missed.

There was nothing new in it.

Does the peace symbol mean this conversation is over? :) :peace

I really don't see where it is going, and we are off topic.
:peace

I really don't see where it is going, and we are off topic.
:peace

Fair enough. We are way off topic. Nice to meet you and trade jabs a bit, even if we'll never see things the same way on this topic. :peace

sbo482.jpg

Nah think about it I am a haji ismamic extremist, and I am gonna show those infidels! I am gonna go make a photoshop showing obama holding a penny and pyramids and us troops, and gonna post it on DP.... That'll show em.... :lol:

he recieved the NPP for one simple fact: HE IS NOT BUSH
that is not enough, for I am not bush, millions are not Bush
but our token HNIC is 'honored' with an award given to terrorists
so sorry if I do not bow at the altar of Dear Leader
**** him in the mouth and all his plans that are opposite to how I believe this country should go
but I guess I am a tea bagger and Astroturfer, an unpatriotic divisionistic prick

But I will be divisive until Skeletor is no longer in control of the house. She must go

Token HNIC?? Please explain. :confused:

We've killed more innocent people then they have and we have done it for oil. IMO, that puts us on a lower moral plane than those who kill to defend their people and their lands.

Still on this lie?

They kill each other moreso.,

That's kind of funny. Heh. :lol:

Actually, I found that quite offensive; just as I find the farcical claims that Bush felt the same way offensive.

Obama is an idiot, but he certainly isn't what is pictured here.

Don't you know Rev, Libruls have to make up their own version of history to support their failure of an ideology.

The facts, the truth and history are not friends of the Librul philosophy.

Seeing as our bombs our better than rebel insurgents. And we use more than them.. Then we can conclude that.....

Seeing as our bombs our better than rebel insurgents. And we use more than them.. Then we can conclude that.....

I have NO clue what this statement is supposed to mean; however, I am willing to bet that the author doesn't either.

:rofl

Back
Top Bottom