• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

Wrong.

Most of the violence is on each other. You, who hate everything USA, should at least resort to honesty when dissing your country. :shrug:

If you you love your country, you do not let others act immorally in its name. That is how I define patriotism.

"Your flag decal won't get you into heaven anymore!" - John Prine

Why don't you honestly back up your assertion and post your documentation that shows the terrorist have killed more than we have?

If you you love your country, you do not let others act immorally in its name. That is how I define patriotism.

"Your flag decal won't get you into heaven anymore!" - John Prine

Why don't you honestly back up your assertion and post your documentation that shows the terrorist have killed more than we have?

iraqbodycount.org

I have, you ignore this for discredited lancet info. I can't help you if you do not want to be honest. :shrug:

iraqbodycount.org

I have, you ignore this for discredited lancet info. I can't help you if you do not want to be honest. :shrug:

Iraqi Body count figures are the ones you previously discounted.:doh

Regardless, I agree they are the most valid statistics. They show civilian deaths caused by violence due to our war to be about 100,000 above the level of deaths before our war with Iraq.

This compared with the 3,000 killed here in the 9/11 attack.

"It may already be noted, however, that Iraq Body Count, like the Lancet study, doesn't simply report all deaths in Iraq (people obviously die from various causes all the time) but excess deaths that can be associated directly with the military intervention and occupation of the country. In doing this, and via different paths, both studies have arrived at one conclusion which is not up for serious debate: the number of deaths from violence has skyrocketed since the war was launched "
Iraq Body Count Press Release 10 (7 Nov 2004) :: Iraq Body Count

Wrong.

Most of the violence is on each other. You, who hate everything USA, should at least resort to honesty when dissing your country. :shrug:
Being critical of your country's actions does not mean that you hate your country. We cannot all be jingoists... That would be scary.

Iraqi Body count figures are the ones you previously discounted.:doh

No they are not. Please stop making **** up, its unbecoming.

Look at the details of iraqbodycount.org most are iraqi on iraqi.

Regardless, I agree they are the most valid statistics. They show civilian deaths caused by violence due to our war to be about 100,000 above the level of deaths before our war with Iraq.

This compared with the 3,000 killed here in the 9/11 attack.

Iraqi on iraqi make up most of those 100k. but you go on and blame the Americans... I mean it wasn't like the guy we ousted had killed 400,000-1 million (if you want to make comparison), though I don't know what you think iraq has to do with 9/11?

Being critical of your country's actions does not mean that you hate your country. We cannot all be jingoists... That would be scary.

there is a difference between critisizm and blind hatred, when you source the most outlandish discounted studies, ignore the facts, and blame only your country, you might just be..... anti-American. :shrug:

"It may already be noted, however, that Iraq Body Count, like the Lancet study, doesn't simply report all deaths in Iraq (people obviously die from various causes all the time) but excess deaths that can be associated directly with the military intervention and occupation of the country. In doing this, and via different paths, both studies have arrived at one conclusion which is not up for serious debate: the number of deaths from violence has skyrocketed since the war was launched "
Iraq Body Count Press Release 10 (7 Nov 2004) :: Iraq Body Count

associated you like they want to attriute iraqis killing other iraqis to US troops. Its a non starter.

Look at the details of iraqbodycount.org most are iraqi on iraqi.
I have!
The numbers at Iraqi body count are numbers in excess of pre-war deaths.

Iraqi on iraqi make up most of those 100k. but you go on and blame the Americans... I mean it wasn't like the guy we ousted had killed 400,000-1 million (if you want to make comparison), though I don't know what you think iraq has to do with 9/11?

Oh you mean back when we were allies of Saddam's? Look at the hundreds of thousands we killed in Gulf War I that brought on the 9/11 attack?

Oh you mean back when w
e were allies of Saddam's? Look at the hundreds of thousands we killed in Gulf War I that brought on the 9/11 attack?

Yeah not interested in your purposeful obtusness of the cold war and your ant americn rhetoric. :shrug:

i accept yourconcession on iraqis killing iraqis.

Yeah not interested in your purposeful obtusness of the cold war and your ant americn rhetoric. :shrug:

i accept yourconcession on iraqis killing iraqis.

There is no concession.

The Iraq war increased risks to our national security so in my opinion those that supported the war are the anti-Americans.

The Iraqis killing Iraqis is called a civil war which broke out when we destablized the country with our attack and invasion.

Notice that the civilian death totals by Iraqi Body Count are in excess of pre-war numbers.

"Your flag decal won't get you into heaven anymore." - John Prine

What you people need to understand is that the Iraqi civilians who have been killed should be considered collateral damage in the fight for democracy and nothing more. Collateral damage is expected in any war and this is part of it. Their deaths are justified in the fight for freedom in the ongoing war on terrorism.

What you people need to understand is that the Iraqi civilians who have been killed should be considered collateral damage in the fight for democracy and nothing more. Collateral damage is expected in any war and this is part of it. Their deaths are justified in the fight for freedom in the ongoing war on terrorism.

Our invasion and occupation of Iraq had nothing to do with the war on terror, except in how it has increased terrorists worldwide.

We have no right to attack countries that never attacked us and force them at the end of a gun to adopt our type of government.

Our actions in Iraq are no different than the terrorist's actions in attacking other countries.

I think you must be thinking of wars that were justified. What we have done is imperialism.

We justify Iraqi deaths the same way the terrorists justified American deaths. I do not agree with the philosophy that both sides use, the ends justify the means.

Last edited:
Our invasion and occupation of Iraq had nothing to do with the war on terror, except in how it has increased terrorists worldwide.

We have no right to attack countries that never attacked us and force them at the end of a gun to adopt our type of government.

Our actions in Iraq are no different than the terrorist's actions in attacking other countries.

I think you must be thinking of wars that were justified. What we have done is imperialism.
What we did was just and we ended a murderous regime that gassed its own people. Now they have free elections. It was a glorious moment when we drove into Bagdad Square and placed the American Flag on Saddams statue. What a great day for America and a great day for democracy in the quest for freedom around the world. It was a Patriotic moment. Iraq was violating UN Sanctions imposed by multiple countries and it was time to take them out. Enough was Enough. Saddam had to go.

Last edited:
What we did was just

OBL and al Qaeda think the same thing. It is amazing how some can justify the killing of innocent civilians.

and we ended a murderous regime that gassed its own people. Now they have free elections. It was a glorious moment when we drove into Bagdad Square and placed the American Flag on Saddams statue. What a great day for America and a great day for democracy in the quest for freedom around the world. It was a Patriotic moment. Iraq was violating UN Sanctions imposed by multiple countries and it was time to take them out. Enough was Enough. Saddam had to go.

All we have is a successful occupation. The puppet government we helped install can only stand some 6 years later with our heavily armed occupation force.

When Saddam was at his most murderous we were his buds,

6a00d8341e75ed53ef01156f39f645970c-800wi

but that was before he kicked out the US Oil companies and threatened to switch to the Euro. "Saddam had to go."

OK. Ya know what. Screw the nobel. Obama is the most powerful man on earth. Obama tops Forbes list of world's most powerful people - Yahoo! News. Looks like a list of people that should be investigated more than any others.

Also on the list were financial heavyweights including Goldman Sachs Chief Executive Lloyd Blankfein (18) and billionaire investor and philanthropist Warren Buffett (14), as well as Pope Benedict (11).

Bin Laden came in at number 37 and Winfrey at number 45.

British Prime Minister Gordon Brown came in at number 29 while Queen Elizabeth failed to make the list.

The top 10 list is as follows:

1. U.S. President Barack Obama

2. Chinese President Hu Jintao

3. Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin

4. U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke

5. Google founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page

6. Carlos Slim, Chief Executive of Mexico's Telmex

7. Rupert Murdoch, chairman of media group News Corp.

8. Michael T. Duke, Chief executive, Wal-Mart Stores

9. Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz

10. Bill Gates, co-chairman, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

(Writing by Miral Fahmy, editing by Belinda Goldsmith)

Being critical of your country's actions does not mean that you hate your country....

I couldn't agree with you more. That's why I beat on Obama relentlessly. Are you familiar with Howard Zinn? How about Saul Alinsky?

I couldn't agree with you more. That's why I beat on Obama relentlessly. Are you familiar with Howard Zinn? How about Saul Alinsky?

Are you saying that either of those two loved their country?

j-mac

Like I said Rev....perhpas you made some valid criticisms, but they get diluted in all the silly arguments you raise.

As far as continuing your game. I have no interest in engaging in a game of the Stinger/Goobie Shuffle.
I've given you what I believe are valid criticisms, I'm not going to start searching around for other posters who have made them....that's just silly.

And when cornered you still resort to the shuffle BS I see.

thus far you FAIL

They always did and then came up with the shuffle nonsense in order to divert from an actual discussion.

Oh well it was transparent and the time and is still one of their BS tactics I see.

So you libs think it's great that Obama acts "peacefully" while Muslims attack America?

We need a president who doesn't let Muslims attack us.

So you libs think it's great that Obama acts "peacefully" while Muslims attack America?

Yes, like one who tells the Nobel Peace Committee he won't stop the war, but will continue it because it is justified, and the lesser of two evils, right?

And when cornered you still resort to the shuffle BS I see.

LOL....Still standing outside the window looking in and wanting to play after running off with your ball, I see.

Stinger....your shuffle is a legend here...everyone sees you for what you are.
You are a legend....but not in a good way. :doh

He isn't letting them attack us. No country can be 100% effective with security without security becoming tyranny. Look at it this way, this far into the Bush presidency, there was a successful terrorist attack. This far into the Obama presidency, a failed attack.

Not blaming Bush though, more saying that you guys are unnecessarily blaming Obama.

Irrational fear - A phobia (from the φόβος, phóbos, "fear"), or morbid fear, is an irrational, intense, persistent fear of certain situations, activities ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irrational_fear

Example:

Back
Top Bottom