• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama wanted Lerner to “Fix it now before the election”

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By: DrJohn

obamas-phony-scandals.jpg

A new video shows Lois Lerner talking about the pressure being brought to bear on the IRS to halt GOP money going into the 2010 election:

Newly uncovered video shows Lois Lerner discussing the political pressure that swirled around the IRS in 2010. Lerner says “everyone” was “screaming at” the IRS to stop the flood of money pouring into the 2010 elections through 501(c)(4) groups as a result of Citizens United.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Obama wanted Lerner to “Fix it now before the election” | Flopping Aces

Is this why Lois Lerner is hiding behind the fourth and fifth Amendments?

not the smoking gun just another dot to be connected. but it doesn't matter how many dots get placed the left will refuse to connect any of them. Only way they would believe this administration is involved in the IRS targeting if Obama him self admits as much under oath

By: DrJohn

obamas-phony-scandals.jpg

A new video shows Lois Lerner talking about the pressure being brought to bear on the IRS to halt GOP money going into the 2010 election:

Newly uncovered video shows Lois Lerner discussing the political pressure that swirled around the IRS in 2010. Lerner says “everyone” was “screaming at” the IRS to stop the flood of money pouring into the 2010 elections through 501(c)(4) groups as a result of Citizens United.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Obama wanted Lerner to “Fix it now before the election” | Flopping Aces

Is this why Lois Lerner is hiding behind the fourth and fifth Amendments?

If the money donations are funding political campaigns why should they have tax exempt status?

Oh I don't know maybe cause the constitution says that people have this thing called FREE SPEECH?

If the money donations are funding political campaigns why should they have tax exempt status?

Oh I don't know maybe cause the constitution says that people have this thing called FREE SPEECH?
Denying tax-exempt status by the IRS doesn't limit their FREE SPEECH.

In your opinion. Being able to say something out loud is not free speech. Being able to present it to an audience is, and that requires money. Put a limit on it - be like Iran if you want. I don't.

In your opinion. Being able to say something out loud is not free speech. Being able to present it to an audience is, and that requires money. Put a limit on it - be like Iran if you want. I don't.
Sorry but the IRS has rules that were developed by Congress and signed in to law by a president. If IRS had enough personnel they would scrutinize everyone who requests tax exempt status. The simple matter is they don't have enough personnel to do that.

Please tell me more about this right to tax-exempt status, because I'd love to stop paying taxes.

You're right Pete. So neither should the Democratic Party or whatever it's called today. Or should they make deals with foreign countries for political slush funds. You know like China-Gate and Johnny Chung.

Its not hard. Take 100% of your income and donate it. You end up tax free.

Please tell me more about this right to tax-exempt status, because I'd love to stop paying taxes.

Its not hard. Take 100% of your income and donate it. You end up tax free.

That's not true. I can only deduct 50% of my AGI as charitable contributions.

When the denial of tax-exempt status is lopsided because of political prejudice that limits FREE SPEECH.

When the denial of tax-exempt status is lopsided because of political prejudice that limits FREE SPEECH.
To look at this in a broader perspective, corporations pretending to be people and spending millions upon millions of dollars on any and all politicians limits the FREE SPEECH of the people.

And if they raise your income tax, does that mean that you are being deprived of your right to FREE SPEECH? If you apply the no-tax standard of campaign bribes donations because it inhibits free speech to everything else, would it not appear that any and all taxes infringe upon the right to FREE SPEECH?

It is truly tragic that vast corporations' TITANIC MOUNTAINS OF CASH FREE SPEECH is at risk here.

Oh, and Obama and his cronies are authoritarian, disgraceful liars.

I honestly never thought I'd have to say that. I thought he would be a great President until he got elected. Then I figured he was just another politician... until he got elected again.

The numbers suggest the differences are a result of the numbers of organizations requesting tax exempt status not because of "political prejudice."

The numbers suggest the differences are a result of the numbers of organizations requesting tax exempt status not because of "political prejudice."

So you're claiming that Progressives have more rights by numbers than Conservatives?

So you're claiming that Progressives have more rights by numbers than Conservatives?

Huh? I am saying way more conservative organizations requested tax free status than liberal ones.

Sorry but the IRS
has rules that were developed by Congress and signed in to law by a president. If IRS had enough personnel they would scrutinize everyone who requests tax exempt status. The simple matter is they don't have enough personnel to do that.

BWAHAHAHAHA..!!

Oh now we learn why Liberal groups weren't targeted.

They only had enough people to target the Conservatives.....Lol...wow.

And Pete wants the IRS to higher more folks ? Of-course he does.

And the pressure Lois Lerner's speaking about ? Where was it comming from ?

Huh? I am saying way more conservative organizations requested tax free status than liberal ones.

Could it be because that was the beginning of their organization?

Back
Top Bottom