• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

obama = treason

hackster

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
to AZ senator Kyl - obama says he will not secure borders, unless he gets immigration reform that he wants passed first.

obama is committing treason against this country. obama is an enemy to this country. i refuse him as my president.

The oath to be taken by the president on first entering office is specified in Article II, Section 1, of the Constitution:
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Obama tells Kyl in private Oval Office meeting: I won’t secure border b/c then Republicans will have no reason to support “comprehensive immigration reform.” | RedState

The Obama denies it, which means he's also a liar.

"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time."
--Abraham Lincoln, (attributed)

"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time."
--Abraham Lincoln, (attributed)

i thought that was bob Marley

dont forget your an immigrant to.

My family legally immigrated... I have no problem with people legally immigrating.

I am not going to say I "refuse Obama as my President", because I don't. I disagree with him on a lot of things, but he is the President, and I respect the office. Looking back however, the past Republican presidents have not had a much better track record of securing the border either though.

blather.

the "you're an immigrant too" argument is bull.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenous_peoples_of_the_Americas

how far do we go back - the "indians" (native americans) were not the original americans... the vikings were here before we were... the israelis were not originally in the area of palestine, but then (from the Old Testament) they were given the land, then they were kicked out, now they're back again... how 'bout the whites in south africa...

how far back do we go to settle everything up...

LOL.

when the illegals come in here and take over by force, with guns blazing, and we lose... then it's theirs... till then - GET THE HECK OUT!

My family legally immigrated... I have no problem with people legally immigrating.

I am not going to say I "refuse Obama as my President", because I don't. I disagree with him on a lot of things, but he is the President, and I respect the office. Looking back however, the past Republican presidents have not had a much better track record of securing the border either though.

i meant the europeans who immigrated during the age of discovery. genocide rape and stealing the natives land thats illegal immigration

blather.

the "you're an immigrant too" argument is bull.

Indigenous peoples of the Americas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

how far do we go back - the "indians" (native americans) were not the original americans... the vikings were here before we were... the israelis were not originally in the area of palestine, but then (from the Old Testament) they were given the land, then they were kicked out, now they're back again... how 'bout the whites in south africa...

how far back do we go to settle everything up...

LOL.

when the illegals come in here and take over by force, with guns blazing, and we lose... then it's theirs... till then - GET THE HECK OUT!

interesting though violent way of looking at immigration. the drug cartels might have a chance soon though with all the guns and cash they got

interesting though violent way of looking at immigration. the drug cartels might have a chance soon though with all the guns and cash they got

no matter what side you're on, what country you be from, or how powerful your defense...
does it not always come down to "last man standing"?

back in the day, were not the minutemen considered insurgents?

past history notwithstanding... this country's laws and ideals, for the most part, are more fair than most in the world...
if you don't like them, or cannot come here thru the normal legal channels - GET OUT.

no matter what side you're on, what country you be from, or how powerful your defense...
does it not always come down to "last man standing"?

back in the day, were not the minutemen considered insurgents?

past history notwithstanding... this country's laws and ideals, for the most part, are more fair than most in the world...
if you don't like them, or cannot come here thru the normal legal channels - GET OUT.

So if Obama passes a law you don't like are you going to leave the US?

to AZ senator Kyl - obama says he will not secure borders, unless he gets immigration reform that he wants passed first.

obama is committing treason against this country. obama is an enemy to this country. i refuse him as my president.

The oath to be taken by the president on first entering office is specified in Article II, Section 1, of the Constitution:
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Obama tells Kyl in private Oval Office meeting: I won’t secure border b/c then Republicans will have no reason to support “comprehensive immigration reform.” | RedState

It's a rumor - at best. . .wouldn't be admissable in court.

If that's all it takes for people to turn against someone then our country's totally ****ed.

Wouldn't it be nice if hysterics like "treason" were less often used when someone disagrees with the President in power, or when the President does something you disagree with?

When people opposed the Iraq war, they were accused of "treason" because they didn't accept Bush's authority as President. Now people who oppose President Obama accuse him of "treason" when he does something they don't like. Why?

Freedom needs disagreement. There is no free, democratic system without disagreement. Occasional disagreement is not "treason", but on the contrary, a very important duty of a truly responsible citizen.

Labelling democratic disagreement as treason, demanding unconditional support of the leader instead, is authoritarian and stands against anything truly freedom lovig people stand for.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be nice if hysterics like "treason" were less often used when someone disagrees with the President in power, or when the President does something you disagree with?

When people opposed the Iraq war, they were accused of "treason" because they didn't accept Bush's authority as President. Now people who oppose President Obama accuse him of "treason" when he does something they don't like. Why?

Freedom needs disagreement. There is no free, democratic system without disagreement. Occasional disagreement is not "treason", but on the contrary, a very important duty of a truly responsible citizen.

Labelling democratic disagreement as treason, demanding unconditional support of the leader instead, is authoritarian and stands against anything truly freedom lovig people stand for.

That's crazy talk right there son. ;)

So if Obama passes a law you don't like are you going to leave the US?

no... i'm not leaving. i have a say in the laws that are debated and adopted here... i'll have that say.

but, at the same time, if i would leave and move to a foreign country - i think it is only right that i would be expected to abide by that country's statutes. to think that an illegal foreigner can come here, take advantage of the perks of living here, expect to be treated just as fairly as any legitimate citizen, but - totally ignore the laws regarding citizenship and legal entry into this country, is ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom