• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama to urge Americans to make "real change" in wake of George Floyd's death

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Obama is addressing the nation at 5pm. It will be aired on MSNBC, probably CNN, other stations and streamed online. Everyone should watch.

President Obama is set to encourage Americans to make "real change" in response to the killing of George Floyd and the ensuing wave of protests.

The former president's hope is "that we can turn protest into policy," a person familiar with his plans tells CBS News. Mr. Obama is poised to be a brief part of a broader conversation about specific proposed reforms to the nation's law enforcement agencies and how to improve trust between police and the communities they protect.

Fox News will probably talk about the dangers of ANTIFA and the benefits of Hydroxychloroquine.

Watch live: Obama to urge Americans to make "real change" in wake of George Floyd's death

Obama had 8 years to make "real change". He needs to put a sock in it. We listened to the guy for 8 years. No more now!!
Where was Joe Biden for the 8 years? Do nothing.

Obama is a fraud. Hope and Change was a fraud, just like this plea for "real change".

No riots have been reported anywhere near his waterfront mansion on Martha's Vineyard.

Obama is a fraud. Hope and Change was a fraud, just like this plea for "real change".

No riots have been reported anywhere near his waterfront mansion on Martha's Vineyard.

So when is America going to be great again?

Obama will put your boy Trump in the shade. Prepare to see how a President behaves. Trump will be ballistic, scrambling to make up ground.
If there's only one American who can make a difference in this crisis, It's Obama.

The seizure has spoken.

Obama will put your boy Trump in the shade. Prepare to see how a President behaves. Trump will be ballistic, scrambling to make up ground.
If there's only one American who can make a difference in this crisis, It's Obama.

If Obama makes another Trump joke tonight, how much you wanna bet Rudy will come crawling back talking about the Birth Certificate?

i'm glad that he's trying to do something to calm this down. it's almost like that's what a president would try to do in the ancient days of three and a half years ago.

Obama had 8 years to make "real change". He needs to put a sock in it. We listened to the guy for 8 years. No more now!!

I listened to him. It was great hearing someone with actual intellect and real perspective. Everything he said was true.

If Obama makes another Trump joke tonight, how much you wanna bet Rudy will come crawling back talking about the Birth Certificate?

maybe Orly Taitz can do a cameo.

i'm glad that he's trying to do something to calm this down. it's almost like that's what a president would try to do in the ancient days of three and a half years ago.

I've been asking for days for a rightist to tell me what the responsibilities of a President are when faced with the two crises in America today and none of them know.
But they'd have a list as long as their arms were Obama still in the office.

Obama is addressing the nation at 5pm. It will be aired on MSNBC, probably CNN, other stations and streamed online. Everyone should watch.

Fox News will probably talk about the dangers of ANTIFA and the benefits of Hydroxychloroquine.

Yes, Fox prefers to deal in factual reality.

Unlike Fake News CNN and lunatic left MS-LSD.

I've been asking for days for a rightist to tell me what the responsibilities of a President are when faced with the two crises in America today and none of them know.
But they'd have a list as long as their arms were Obama still in the office.

I'll bet answers in extensive detail have been given.

But you ignored them all.

Yeah, heaven forbid we have a message of unity and progress instead of division and violence.

:roll:

43rdtv.jpg

Yeah, heaven forbid we have a message of unity and progress instead of division and violence.

We arent divided on this issue. Everyone agrees the cop basically murdered the guy. What message of 'unity' are you needing to hear?

Empty rhetoric from an empty suit. Go back to your mom jeans, Obama. Stop exhibiting failure, for your own sake.

I'll bet answers in extensive detail have been given.

But you ignored them all.

You'd lose that bet. Best answer was what his responsibility isn't, putting it all on governors.
You tell me- what are the Presidents responsibilities re. the two crises facing the nation? Not what you think he should or shouldn't do, what is he responsible for?

Watch live: Obama to urge Americans to make "real change" in wake of George Floyd's death

I love how Obama focused on solutions, stayed positive, and did not resort to any kind of political gameplaying like other politicians might have done

Considering his previous actions of disunity, they ring a bit hollow.

Just as Trump has every right to carry a bible as a prop, Obama has first amendment rights as well. You can always switch off Obamas speech, easy peasy eh.

Back
Top Bottom