• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama to high school grads: 'Don't make excuses'

Excellent message from Obama. Right on target. I just wish it didn't require teleprompters. This is a high school class for goodness sake.

True.

Too bad he doesn't lead by example.

Every president has used a teleprompter for pretty much every speech since the things were invented. What's next, going to talk about his shoes? Not the right style for a speech?

He should also have told them that even if you can blame somebody else, you shouldn't because it makes you look 1 inch tall.

Maybe he's a hypocrite on this one but you could at least acknowledge what he said is right.

Yes he's a hypocrite, yes it's good what he said but his example of being a hypocrite yet saying the good thing cancels each other out. His example therefore is broken and what H.S. kids take away from it is, "Say one thing, do another". Not a good message and also not whining.

Maybe he's a hypocrite on this one but you could at least acknowledge what he said is right.

Yes I can do that.

However he is still a Hypocrite and not simply on this or on this occasion.

I believe what I dislike about this particular President is that he is not a Leader, instead he is all he has ever been, namely a Politician.

President Obama has never understood that when a Politician is elected President, he or she (which will inevitably eventually happen) becomes President of all the Legal citizens within the US and as such he /she MUST put aside their Political preferences, in much the same way after the election is over every Legal Citizen of the US is expected to support the President, not simply the Politician.
We the electorate expect our President to be supportive of us all regardless of whether we live in a State that has different political leanings to our President.

Back
Top Bottom