• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama to Be First Sitting President to Visit Hiroshima

Um...sorry, but that's a work of fiction. In the book, the villain develops an influenza based on the 1918 H1N1 virus that only affects one race, releases that virus into America to inflame racial tensions to start a race-based civil war in America...and while things get really bad, the law of unintended consequences takes some tragic turns. I wrote it in 2011 with the events taking place beginning in 2015...and the world decided to change things where my book's now obsolete.

Ah got it lol

I was like, why have I never heard of this?

Ah got it lol

I was like, why have I never heard of this?

Yeah...sorry, I should have pointed out it was a fiction book to begin with. :doh

But if anything, it taught me real respect for the sheer amount of research that goes into writing a book - I researched everything from care of horses to gene editing to the Qu'ran to the 1918 Spanish Flu to the different sects of Islam to the history of the left bank of Paris to the languages and cultures of the slums in and around Johannesburg...

...which has made me a big fan of "Castle" on ABC...because when he comes up with these off-the-wall statements of "well, I know this because I researched it for my book", yeah, I know precisely how that feels! I get a big grin every time I see him do that!

Obamas hindsight is as bad as his foresight. Who cares what he says? Not much can be done to change what happened. But Obama will parade around like a **** rooster, and spout his usual bull****. Not even newsworthy.

The magical mystery apology tour, no bus, Just Air-Force One costing the tax payers millions and our (dignity.)

And Hate America First Apology Tour is back in full swing.

:lamo Someone should read the article.... “He will not revisit the decision to use the atomic bomb at the end of World War II,”

Not even the point. This 7 year apology tour of his has been embarrassment enough. Why go there and do it? Maybe it's the last country left on the planet he hasn't apologized too.

And show me where Japan has apologized for all the horrible sh!t it was guilty of during the war. atrocity after atrocity. where are all THEIR apologies?! you think Obama will demand one? don't make me laugh. not his style. we grovel to THEM, not the other way round. thank god this nightmare is almost over. Even hillary has more balls than this clown.

p.s. If he doesn't end up apologizing I will be shocked based on everything I know about this guy. but if he doesn't I take back.......20% of what I said.

If you bothered to read my other posts in this thread you'd know I said Obama should not apologize for the bombings. This is a side discussion I'm having with another poster that has nothing directly to do with Obama's visit.

First he goes and sucks Cuba's dick (and got pissed all over for his troubles), and now this kowtowing nonsense.

It's like this mope told his staff to go out and find a bunch of "historic firsts!" he could do before leaving office in order to pad his legacy and now he's off on a whirlwind tour.

oLkkvH.jpg

Obama to be first Sitting President to Visit Disney World; Apologize for CARS 2

It's always a failure when America capitulates to dictators. Or didn't you know that already?

Then it is a good thing that America did not capitulate...unless you want to make the argument that a slow, methodical thawing of diplomatic relations is a capitulation.

Ridiculous.

This thread is proof once again that no matter what Obama does, some people will have a conniption. Hiroshima and Nagasaki are important historical sites. Japan is an important regional ally. Diplomacy is part of the job of president. Put together, and visiting Hiroshima is a perfectly legitimate and worthy thing for a president to do. And yet here are people circle jerking about what they think he might say while there, and making up excuses to bitch.

As long as he doesn't indicate it was wrong to use the bomb, it's fine by me.

It was most certainly wrong. It may have been the best strategic move to make at the time it was dropped, but it was still morally and ethically wrong.

That's great. Japan was the aggressor in WWII and they should do everything in their power to show that they are no longer the murderous barbarians that they were in the first half of the 20th century. We shouldn't have to feel guilty for ending their murderous empire.

55861912.jpg

Obamas hindsight is as bad as his foresight. Who cares what he says? Not much can be done to change what happened. But Obama will parade around like a **** rooster, and spout his usual bull****. Not even newsworthy.

Old man.jpg

fine, then YOU go over there and apologize. However the president is supposed to speak for the entire country, and the entire country doesn't think dropping the bomb was the wrong move. So if he goes and pays his respects and keeps has yammer shut, I'm fine with it. but if he gives some BS apology then he is a moron. How much can one leader apologize until he looks utterly feckless and weak to entire planet?! enough already

He isn't going to apologize, so stop getting your blood pressure up for no reason.

And that is EXACTLY why he was voted out of office in 2012! Oh, wait a minute... :lol:

How is it racist?

Because in his world everyone from Japan is a 'murderous barbarian'...

Japan was the aggressor in WWII and they should do everything in their power to show that they are no longer the murderous barbarians that they were in the first half of the 20th century.

It is racist because it is blatantly false propaganda, with racist disinformation.

And that is EXACTLY why he was voted out of office in 2012! Oh, wait a minute... :lol:

Stupid is as stupid does. I didn't vote for him.

It is racist because it is blatantly false propaganda, with racist disinformation.

He is referring to the country, not the individuals. Maybe if we stopped calling every single ****ing thing racist we could have real conversations...

I don't know the Japanese as well, but judging by other cultures their's might easily be quite stable and as dangerous as ever. And they were barbarous in a certain sense in the 1940s. Ask the Chinese or Koreans.

Based on your biased view of him. Any solid evidence, or just doing the usual pre-emptive outrage?

He's apologized everywhere else he's been. He's definitely choosing Hiroshima as the place for an anti-nuke conference so he can say that Americans are assholes for nuking Japan. He's so ignorant of history that he thinks American forces liberated Auschwitz. He certainly doesn't comprehend how nuking Japan saved millions of lives. It is bias, it's objective fact. Objectivity you can't comprehend while you're worshipping the dude.

No, it's a fact that the Japanese were some murderous barbarians during WW2. They murdered 14 million people, that we know of. Summarily executed and tortured prisoners.

He is referring to the country, not the individuals. Maybe if we stopped calling every single ****ing thing racist we could have real conversations...

Nope, it's racist.

No, it's a fact that the Japanese were some murderous barbarians during WW2. They murdered 14 million people, that we know of. Summarily executed and tortured prisoners.

^Just like this bull****. The thing very Conservative and very Liberal (Far-left, far-right-wings) have in common is they are both apologists for big government (like the Japanese Imperial Government!)

It's just a coincidence (my ass)!

Because IT IS THE JAPANESE PEOPLE AND THEIR COUNTRY THAT ARE TO BLAME, THE GOVERNMENT IS ENTIRELY INNOCENT!

Jesus ****ing Christ people how do you look at yourselves in the mirror at morning.......

Back
Top Bottom