• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama Threatens Congress He'll Legalize 22-23 Million Illegal Aliens

Democrats have run the "Wimpy" play on republicans way too often.

wimpy.jpg

Their version is actually, "We will gladly make promises that we'll never keep in order to pass legislation we want today." And just as you pointed out, republicans have run the "Charlie Brown kicking football" play way too many times in response.

That's the facts Jack!

Reagan went along with amnesty under the presumption that the border security situation would be improved as well.
What do you think prevented that Republican president from addressing the national security issue?

Why do you think Republicans have never addressed it via legislation? Were they too busy trying to repeal the ACA 40+ times?

Then don't allow them to vote as a cost of amnesty.

I'd be OK with that.

So basically create a lower class of American Citizen? Sounds like something acceptable for the mid 1800's. I sure wouldn't be ok with it.

So basically create a lower class of American Citizen? Sounds like something acceptable for the mid 1800's. I sure wouldn't be ok with it.

Then they shouldn't have come here illegally. They shouldn't have spurned our offer to become a citizen legally.

Again, it's a cost of AMNESTY.

The cost SHOULD BE prison.

Then they shouldn't have come here illegally. They shouldn't have spurned our offer to become a citizen legally.

now, what of their children
the ones who came here not of their own free will, but for all purposes, having grown up in the USA, now feel like they are American citizens
why are they to be punished only because of an action they did not take

Millions have come here "illegally" since our country was founded. How about all the slaves brought here, talk about your illegal immigration. Creating a 2nd class of American Citizen would be a DISGRACE. Maybe we could develop a caste system like India. Sounds wonderful. Sending 11 million people to prison or having them deported is not feasible. But hey vote for the tea party loons who would try it, see how successful it would be. I bet it would look like the war on drugs. LOL!

the ones who came here not of their own free will, but for all purposes, having grown up in the USA, now feel like they are American citizens
That's their problem.

They committed multiple crimes against American citizens.

What of the American citizens? Do they not deserve justice, and restitution?

It's sad, yes.

But that kind of crime-related sadness happens.

We don't make excuses of any kind for justice.

It may seem harsh.

But it's much harsher to allow crime to go unpunished and for our governing officials we're supposed to be able to trust to purposely thumb their nose at injustice to Americans simply because the criminals brought their kids into the crimes.

So many seem to forget the crimes done to American kids, the classes they couldn't get because an illegal got it first, the poverty American kids suffered because three illegals took their dad's carpenter's job, etc.

Why all this concern about the criminals' kids?

Why is no one lamenting the American kids that suffered at the hands of the illegals?

What a shame.

That's their problem.

They committed multiple crimes against American citizens.

What of the American citizens? Do they not deserve justice, and restitution?

It's sad, yes.

But that kind of crime-related sadness happens.

We don't make excuses of any kind for justice.

It may seem harsh.

But it's much harsher to allow crime to go unpunished and for our governing officials we're supposed to be able to trust to purposely thumb their nose at injustice to Americans simply because the criminals brought their kids into the crimes.

So many seem to forget the crimes done to American kids, the classes they couldn't get because an illegal got it first, the poverty American kids suffered because three illegals took their dad's carpenter's job, etc.

Why all this concern about the criminals' kids?

Why is no one lamenting the American kids that suffered at the hands of the illegals?

What a shame.
so, are you presenting that those kids who were brought here by their parents are criminals and need to be dealt with thru the judicial system?

Characterizing it as xenophobes is hardly accurate.

The reality is far closer to enforcing existing laws, and looking for ways to prevent continued illegal immigration (including overstaying visas) in the future.

Not everyone who opposes illegal immigration is an xenophobe. But there are a few of them out there.

I'm opposed to illegal immigration and I'm married to a legal immigrant who worked hard to become a U.S. citizen.

I think we should just take over Mexico. Immigration solved.

so, are you presenting that those kids who were brought here by their parents are criminals and need to be dealt with thru the judicial system?
They are illegal aliens.

They need to be sent back to their country of origin.

They can skip prison sentences rightly owed their parents.

But they must be interrogated and, if it turns out they knew they were here illegally, then yes, absolutely they need to be dealt with thru the judicial system.

Regardless, they are simply not entitled to whatever they posses here, as it was obtained illegally.

Again, I just don't understand all the whining about the illegal aliens' kids.

Where's the lamenting for the American kids who suffered at the hands of illegal aliens stealing their jobs, classrooms, living space, road space, land, etc., etc., etc.?

Where's the justice for American kids?

Does it seem harsh to you that illegals' kids brought here have to suffer now? Well, it is harsh!

But it's not the fault of the American kids! They deserve restitution from the illegals' kids.

And that restitution is to return the job market and houses and cars and land back to them that the illegals and the illegals' kids wrongly took from them.

If the illegal aliens' kids are pissed about this, they need to stop and consider, without making any excuses whatsoever, about the Americans and American kids who suffered because of their presence ..

.. And rightly turn that venting of anger upon their on parents, their own parents who knowingly violated American law and stole from American citizens.

They are illegal aliens.

They need to be sent back to their country of origin.

They can skip prison sentences rightly owed their parents.

But they must be interrogated and, if it turns out they knew they were here illegally, then yes, absolutely they need to be dealt with thru the judicial system.

Regardless, they are simply not entitled to whatever they posses here, as it was obtained illegally.

Again, I just don't understand all the whining about the illegal aliens' kids.

Where's the lamenting for the American kids who suffered at the hands of illegal aliens stealing their jobs, classrooms, living space, road space, land, etc., etc., etc.?

Where's the justice for American kids?

Does it seem harsh to you that illegals' kids brought here have to suffer now? Well, it is harsh!

But it's not the fault of the American kids! They deserve restitution from the illegals' kids.

And that restitution is to return the job market and houses and cars and land back to them that the illegals and the illegals' kids wrongly took from them.

If the illegal aliens' kids are pissed about this, they need to stop and consider, without making any excuses whatsoever, about the Americans and American kids who suffered because of their presence ..

.. And rightly turn that venting of anger upon their on parents, their own parents who knowingly violated American law and stole from American citizens.

Are you seriously advocating making children pay the "debt" of their parents? Just because someone comes into the country illegally, that shouldn't mean that everything they acquire here should be considered "acquired illegally". That's just silly and overreaching.

Are you seriously advocating making children pay the "debt" of their parents? Just because someone comes into the country illegally, that shouldn't mean that everything they acquire here should be considered "acquired illegally". That's just silly and overreaching.
That's absolutely ludicrous!

it's not "silly and overreaching" that anyone not be allowed to their keep ill-gotten gains no matter how those ill-gotten gains were obtained.

Keep in mind, that in our justice system, ignorance is no excuse of a crime.

Also, a great many of these kids, adults now, most certainly knew that they were participating as the next generation of their parents' crimes, and that makes them guilty too.

Again, it's appalling that some American citizens have no sympathy for the Americans, the American kids too, who were deprived because of the illegals.

They will not be "paying the debt" of their parents when they return their ill-gotten gains, as their parents, the original violators, owe a debt of imprisonment, a debt the kids owe only if they're old enough now and know that they've continued to participate in a crime.

Is it harsh? Sure it is!

But, it's still justice for all.

There's no excuse that justifies not returning ill-gotten gains to the American citizens to whom they rightly belong.

They don't rightly belong to anyone who is here illegally, no matter how they came to be here.

It's time we start getting really pissed about the injustice done to Americans and American kids by illegal aliens of any generation of illegal aliens.

That's absolutely ludicrous!

it's not "silly and overreaching" that anyone not be allowed to their keep ill-gotten gains no matter how those ill-gotten gains were obtained.

Keep in mind, that in our justice system, ignorance is no excuse of a crime.

Also, a great many of these kids, adults now, most certainly knew that they were participating as the next generation of their parents' crimes, and that makes them guilty too.

Again, it's appalling that some American citizens have no sympathy for the Americans, the American kids too, who were deprived because of the illegals.

They will not be "paying the debt" of their parents when they return their ill-gotten gains, as their parents, the original violators, owe a debt of imprisonment, a debt the kids owe only if they're old enough now and know that they've continued to participate in a crime.

Is it harsh? Sure it is!

But, it's still justice for all.

There's no excuse that justifies not returning ill-gotten gains to the American citizens to whom they rightly belong.

They don't rightly belong to anyone who is here illegally, no matter how they came to be here.

It's time we start getting really pissed about the injustice done to Americans and American kids by illegal aliens of any generation of illegal aliens.

It would be easier to take over Mexico, make it a state. Call it "Texas 2, bigger,better and uncut". Illegal immigration solved.

Meaningless.

I know its a wild idea, but it would be very beneficial to us. We could industrialize Mexico. Think of how much revenue we could generate with hemp alone. Mexico is perfect for growing hemp. We could turn 40% of it into a hemp farm and dominate the world hemp market. Also a good place for clothing factories, automobile assembly, among other industrial uses. Plus, it solves immigration and we can focus on guarding the Canadian border, they're the ones we really need to keep out. Lol. But seriously, this plan wouldn't take long and would lower the deficit, eliminate a huge majority of our illegal immigration and make us a bigger country with a larger population.

The citizens of Mexico would probably be in favor of such a takeover. Just a little campaigning down there will have them in American flag jumpsuits.

Not everyone who opposes illegal immigration is an xenophobe. But there are a few of them out there.

I'm opposed to illegal immigration and I'm married to a legal immigrant who worked hard to become a U.S. citizen.

So why even post that then? Why antagonize some for no reason or purpose?

I'm all for legal immigration, and I acknowledge that the legal immigration system's failing to meet requirements is one of the driving forces that is sending illegal aliens across the border, or over staying their tourism visas, and ending up working under the table.

I also acknowledge that businesses who employ illegal aliens are also one of the driving forces that draw illegal aliens to violate the law and a sovereign nation's borders to work here, and they need to held to account for this. I also acknowledge that this illegal alien employment opens the door for worker abuses that should not be allowed, and those businesses should also be held accountable for those actions as well.

However, I also strongly believe that the border needs to be secure and controlled, as is the right for every sovereign nation to secure and control their border.

What's the greater punishment...sending them back to their parent's country of origin, where they would he anyway had we deported their parents, or not letting them have a vote until they pass a test or whatever for citizenship?

What's the greater punishment...sending them back to their parent's country of origin, where they would he anyway had we deported their parents, or not letting them have a vote until they pass a test or whatever for citizenship?

that was not the choice to which i was responding
the suggestion was that we deport all illegals, because they knew they were behaving in an illegal manner
which caused me to remind the forum member that those kids are victims of circumstances. they are not criminal. they feel as American as yours or my kids

Me too. The wife is very much against amnesty, she figures if she can do it the right way, the legal way so can too any one else.

Me, I get tired of threats. All I have to say on the subject is to the president himself. Either do it and let the chips fall where they may or be quiet. Is this another red line like Syria? Either do it or just keep quiet about it.

Back
Top Bottom