• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama Thinks Only He can Save Us from His Reckless Policies

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By Michael Schaus
August 12, 2013

Speaking to a group of Veterans, President Barack Obama tried to make his case for ending the sequester. “We’ve got these reckless, across-the-board budget cuts called the sequester that are hitting a lot of folks hard,” Obama said. One can only assume these are the same “across the board” and “reckless” cuts that he proposed as part of the 2011 Budget Control Act, and let go into place by refusing to compromise on entitlement spending early this year. The President went on to say that without the repeal of these “reckless” cuts (which were passed with bi-partisan approval, and signed by his hand) disabled veterans should expect a reduction in benefits.

The President was speaking to the group about disability claims, and benefits for disabled veterans. The president touted the “progress” the Federal Government is making in reducing the backlog of claims. Currently, there are around a half a million disabled vets who are backlogged in the system. A true testament to government-run healthcare. (Good news. . . This inefficient, ineffective, backlogged system is likely to reflect the future of Healthcare in a post-Obamacare world.)

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Obama Thinks Only He can Save Us from His Reckless Policies - Michael Schaus - Townhall Finance Conservative Columnists and Financial Commentary - Page 1

More hot air and lies from Obama....

I notice the sequester hasn't impacted his golf game, travel budget, or parties at the white house. I doubt his extravagant diet needs have changed either.

I notice the sequester hasn't impacted his golf game, travel budget, or parties at the white house. I doubt his extravagant diet needs have changed either.

If you want to complain about politicians taking too many vacations I think congress is a better poster child for abusing vacation time instead of working.

So much failure....we want congress on vacation more not less. The longer they are out of DC the less we have to worry about them.

If you want to complain about politicians taking too many vacations I think congress is a better poster child for abusing vacation time instead of working.

So much failure....we want congress on vacation more not less. The longer they are out of DC the less we have to worry about them.

Conservitives complain about obama's vacations, yet they don't care that congress regularly takes entire months out of the year to go on vacation, which is kind of odd because everyone seems to think we are one step away from a catastrophe.

Conservitives complain about obama's vacations, yet they don't care that congress regularly takes entire months out of the year to go on vacation, which is kind of odd because everyone seems to think we are one step away from a catastrophe.

The problem with Congress is that they don't spend MORE time on vacation.

Congress is never a step a way, they are a committee meeting, hearing, and big ole vote away from catastrophe so the longer they stay away the better off we are. Olooser is the one who can act on things - unilaterally if you ask him - look at your beloved health care law he uniliaterally just dismissed for his own good (in the midterm elections).

Congress is never a step a way, they are a committee meeting, hearing, and big ole vote away from catastrophe so the longer they stay away the better off we are. Olooser is the one who can act on things - unilaterally if you ask him - look at your beloved health care law he uniliaterally just dismissed for his own good (in the midterm elections).

I think you are starting to let your own cynicism and criticism of Obama blind you to the concept of the separation of powers.

If you truely hate the idea of our government acting as a one man dictatorship, then stop giving the alegeslative branch (I.e congress!) excuses to abdicate its responsibility to legeslate, because if legeslative branch does not function, that gives the executive and judicial branches of government a excuse to simply get rid of the legeslative branch

Funny you call it abdicating and I call it success. The less congress does the better.

I think you are starting to let your own cynicism and criticism of Obama blind you to the concept of the separation of powers.

If you truely hate the idea of our government acting as a one man dictatorship, then stop giving the alegeslative branch (I.e congress!) excuses to abdicate its responsibility to legeslate, because if legeslative branch does not function, that gives the executive and judicial branches of government a excuse to simply get rid of the legeslative branch

When does Congress go on "vacation"?

By Michael Schaus
August 12, 2013

Speaking to a group of Veterans, President Barack Obama tried to make his case for ending the sequester. “We’ve got these reckless, across-the-board budget cuts called the sequester that are hitting a lot of folks hard,” Obama said. One can only assume these are the same “across the board” and “reckless” cuts that he proposed as part of the 2011 Budget Control Act, and let go into place by refusing to compromise on entitlement spending early this year. The President went on to say that without the repeal of these “reckless” cuts (which were passed with bi-partisan approval, and signed by his hand) disabled veterans should expect a reduction in benefits.

The President was speaking to the group about disability claims, and benefits for disabled veterans. The president touted the “progress” the Federal Government is making in reducing the backlog of claims. Currently, there are around a half a million disabled vets who are backlogged in the system. A true testament to government-run healthcare. (Good news. . . This inefficient, ineffective, backlogged system is likely to reflect the future of Healthcare in a post-Obamacare world.)

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Obama Thinks Only He can Save Us from His Reckless Policies - Michael Schaus - Townhall Finance Conservative Columnists and Financial Commentary - Page 1

More hot air and lies from Obama....

It's not surprising that Obama is using this common liberal tactic. Heck, Reid is doing much the same...talking about single payer health care. It's not even surprising that the people who are listening to Obama accept what he's saying...the American people are known to suck up whatever their favorite politician spews without really considering the veracity of what they are saying.

It's a good thing, though, that around half of the People don't drink his Koolaide.

I tend to agree, however, is this the fourth or fifth vacation for Obama this year?

Back
Top Bottom