• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama tells cops: Admit

Oh look, someone other than a Republican talks about personal responsibility, and the right blows a gasket! Such irony... :lol:

Where did you get personal responsibility from what Obama said?

Yeah, Obama to officers, just throw yourself on your sword and all will be forgiven. Sure, that will work.

I am pretty sure he would be more likely to get a "National Day of Blue Flu".

Yeah, 'cause it's UNAMERICAN to ever admit when we do anything wrong, huh? It's UNAMERICAN to admit when we have failures that need to be addressed, huh?

I guess that's why y'all love Trump. I guess to modern-day conservatives, "Being conservative means you don't have to admit you're wrong about anything ever!"

You do realize you are supporting the judgement of an entire group of people based upon the actions of individuals within that group, correct?

Yes, they did, but if you think changes have immediate effect you're delusionally naive.

Uhh? Whut?

Are you seriously pulling out some SJW blame without evidence **** right now?

Um no. If he commands me to let him search without a warrant, that's not going to happen. I know you love to pick and choose which rights are worth protecting but I believe in all rights. So yeah you can bend over on command but some of us need a damn good reason first.

And depending on the circumstances, you would be in the wrong.

If you want to "flex your rights", its best if you actually understand how the courts view those rights.

What do you know about warrantless searches?

No, there simply isn't. You can pout and stomp your rhetorical little feet to your heart's content, but it's simply not outrageous, nor is Obama a racist.

Don't let reality scare you so much.

Im sorry, but have you heard of the good Reverend Jeremiah Wright?

Good then he will take the proper steps instead of violating my constitutional rights, which I do understand.

You do realize the constitution doesn't claim that a search can only be conducted with a warrant right?

The threshold is that the search be "reasonable". There was a COMMA, and then a mention of the fact that warrants shall not be issued without probable cause. Nowhere did it state that a search will not be conducted without a warrant.

Again, if you insist on this "I know my rights" ****, then I suggest you actually KNOW them.

Obama: Police Can 'Make the Job of Being a Cop a Lot Safer' by Admitting Their Failures

Maybe they should start with the small stuff...

Cop Shoots Family Dog During 5-Year-Old's Birthday Party

Nope, but this is not the time for this kind of rhetoric from the President

To people who say that, it is never the time to talk about it.

Just like gun violence or mass shootings.

, with so many officers dead and so many families grieving, this past week.

Oh, and what about the grieving families of civilians wrongfully killed by the police? What about them?

Personally, I think it is disgusting to say that we cannot talk about civilian victims and what caused their deaths because completely unrelated police officers themselves were killed elsewhere. It is possible to talk about both, you understand. Stop trying to use the deaths of officers to say nobody should be talking about the deaths of civilians.

Maybe they should start with the small stuff...

Cop Shoots Family Dog During 5-Year-Old's Birthday Party

To people who say that, it is never the time to talk about it.

Just like gun violence or mass shootings.

Oh, and what about the grieving families of civilians wrongfully killed by the police? What about them?

Personally, I think it is disgusting to say that we cannot talk about civilian victims and what caused their deaths because completely unrelated police officers themselves were killed elsewhere. It is possible to talk about both, you understand. Stop trying to use the deaths of officers to say nobody should be talking about the deaths of civilians.

And that is great, but the individual officer who wrongfully killed a civilian is the one to speak for his or her own actions.

Saying all cops need to admit their mistakes for something they had nothing to do with is like asking all white people to apologize for slavery today.

Where did you get personal responsibility from what Obama said?

I didn't get it directly from what Obama said. I got it from obvious fact.

Police officers, like the rest of us, are expected to take personal responsibility for their behavior. Do you disagree?

Back
Top Bottom