• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama tells cops: Admit

If Obama were anti-Police (both of which are equally absurd assertions), he would have most certainly not come out in favor of gun control (like he did) after the Dallas sniping:

Obama Says Police Have Hard Time in Communities With Lots of Guns

Furthermore, he wouldn't be downplaying the Black Lives Matter movement, or the poor relations the Police have toward minorities, and he would have brought up the Drug War.

After Philando Castile’s Killing, Obama Calls Police Shootings ‘an American Issue’

08_MINNESOTA_jp1_master768.jpg

“When incidents like this occur, there’s a big chunk of our citizenry that feels as if, because of the color of their skin, they are not being treated the same, and that hurts, and that should trouble all of us," Mr. Obama said in a statement on Thursday after arriving in Warsaw for a NATO summit.

“This is not just a black issue, not just a Hispanic issue. This is an American issue that we all should care about.”

All the State Capitalist superclass and American Industrial-Militants care about is preservation of the Nation-State, to hell with victims of racially-targeted maniac, militarized police.

Obama focuses on supporting police
Obama Condemns Attack on Police in Baton Rouge, Promises Justice
Obama orders flags at half-staff for Baton Rouge police officers
What President Obama really thinks about the police

Yeah, he's totally anti-cop, despite his countless defenses of them, labeling members of BLM 'cowards', and record-high flags-at-half-mast in memorial of fallen police officers. Not to mention in almost every single encounter he typically paints the victims as 'criminals' or 'misguided'.

:roll:

Make no mistake - Obama is steadfastly pro-Police State.
He will never highlight the police killings as a problem dealing with hatred or racism.
He will never bring up militarized police.
He will never bring up the drug war.
But he (or Hillary) will - surely enough - begin using this as an excuse for further gun control legislation.
Make no mistake.

That they will....No doubt about it!

And the police have a tougher time with a large number of ethnic population ...with guns. Not towns with lots of guns!

My community and the entire county are loaded with guns and we have a very low crime rate.
The Sheriff's office has been running 6 months behind on Concealed Carry Permits. Use to be about 2-3 weeks, now it's 6 months.
Unheard of since the State program started in 1982.

It's the people....NOT how many guns are owned.

Last edited:
Ah. So if I support police being held to a higher standard - just as everyone in the military (as I was for 20 years) IS held to a higher standard - I am therefore somehow against holding civilians to any standard whatsoever.

Take a course in logic, willya?

How can you spend 20 years in the military and be a Progressive?

How can you spend 20 years in the military and be a Progressive?

Hm, let me see here: no racism allowed, no prejudice allowed, required to respect the religious beliefs of all my fellow sailors, being responsible for the conduct of my subordinates 24/7, and having to answer for what they did that was wrong...

...and let's not forget the respect for my fellow sailors whatever their race, ethnicity, creed, or religion. And then there's the travel to so many different places, finding out that yeah, people ARE the same all over the world (allowing for local religions and social mores). In the military, we're taught that people MUST be free from discrimination...whereas today's conservatives (yourself included, IIRC) believe that people MUST be free to discriminate against whomsoever they choose.

And then there's seeing that single-payer medicine DOES work very well indeed - military health care is by definition socialized health care. Instead of having to watch every penny as civilian doctors do, military doctors are able to do what they believe is best with a lot less concern over whether the patient's insurance will cover this or that.

And let's not forget seeing how well the military works with the complete absence of the profit motive - I'll never forget how clean and safe the shipyard at Naval Base Kitsap was (and is)...and how we all dreaded taking the ship over to the civilian for-profit shipyard Todd Shipyards over in Seattle - the workers would steal us blind, it was dirty, and they cut safety regulations whenever they could...all in the interest of making more money.

So for those who really pay attention to what's going on around them in the military, I really don't see how anyone could spend 20 years in the military and NOT support many progressive initiatives, if not become a progressive like myself!

Much like plane crashes and traffic accidents we tend to hear a whole lot about the times things go wrong and very little about the times things go right. Yes, there are instances where cops have abused their power but those cases are few and far between. While I understand the desire to have a perfect police force that expectation is unrealistic and to hold cops to a standard of perfection is asinine.

While we shouldn't tolerate failures in the system it only becomes an abusive system when failures are not addressed. I see no evidence of failures regularly falling through the cracks. Bad cops are regularly punished.

I don't think you'd be much argument out of Obama over any of that, either. I'd we should hold cops to a higher standard than someone who is not empowered to enforce the law, but I don't imagine there's much of a gap there in our thinking either.

Maybe be we're just reading Obama differently, but I don't see the general dismissive rhetoric you'd mentioned yet.

That is not a tiny risk. That could be the end of an officer right there, no going home to your family. There is a lot more to this than meets the media eye, there always is.

He fit the description of a armed robbery suspect. They had good probable cause to stop. If the guy tells me that he is armed, and I tell him not to move and he makes a furtive move toward his pocket, I may well have shot him.
W/O being there and seeing what that officer saw, no one can Monday morning quarterback his decision without all the evidence.

I think the girlfriend lied her ass off, just like Michael Browns friends lied their asses off. It happens a lot.

In addition, many of these folks are not the brightest tacks on the card to begin with and have their mouth running 100mph and don't listen!

It think that's fair.

Would you agree it was to some extent luck, rather than any special technique on your part, that spared you from a similar situation?

I can't argue on whether people lie. You don't have to watch too many episodes of COPS to see that amongst all demographics.

Naturally, supporters on the other side believe the girlfriend over the officer, and the video doesn't play well for the police. We'll likely never know the complete story.

Where are you at on body cameras? I think they should be mandatory, and once they're accepted broadly will aid officers enormously, as well as help suss out the bad ones.

Ah. So if I support police being held to a higher standard - just as everyone in the military (as I was for 20 years) IS held to a higher standard - I am therefore somehow against holding civilians to any standard whatsoever.

Take a course in logic, willya?

Really? This from someone who believes the police should just turn themselves into the court of public opinion, expose themselves and their families to endless civil and criminal litigation, because they made a mistake. I suppose you expect lawbreakers to show up at police stations around the nation and turn themselves in as well. Hello Desk Sergeant, I'd like to turn myself in for speeding. Today on my way home from the store I lost track of my speed and saw I was going over the posted speed limit.

Really? This from someone who believes the police should just turn themselves into the court of public opinion, expose themselves and their families to endless civil and criminal litigation, because they made a mistake. I suppose you expect lawbreakers to show up at police stations around the nation and turn themselves in as well. Hello Desk Sergeant, I'd like to turn myself in for speeding. Today on my way home from the store I lost track of my speed and saw I was going over the posted speed limit.

Do you know what happens when someone in the civilian world lies about something they did on the job? Usually, nothing.

Do you know what happens when someone in the military lies about almost anything? If he's lucky, if it wasn't directly affecting his job, he gets an ass-chewing, or perhaps a counseling chit. If it was something that was concerning his job, he's probably going to go see the commanding officer. And if he's a commissioned officer, he's never going to get promoted again...which means (with the up-or-out requirements that officers face) that he's essentially getting fired from the military.

When I say "held to a higher standard", I'm referring to the same standard that we in the military are held to. If it's good enough for our men and women in the military, why can't our police be held to the same standard?

Do you know what happens when someone in the civilian world lies about something they did on the job? Usually, nothing.

Do you know what happens when someone in the military lies about almost anything? If he's lucky, if it wasn't directly affecting his job, he gets an ass-chewing, or perhaps a counseling chit. If it was something that was concerning his job, he's probably going to go see the commanding officer. And if he's a commissioned officer, he's never going to get promoted again...which means (with the up-or-out requirements that officers face) that he's essentially getting fired from the military.

When I say "held to a higher standard", I'm referring to the same standard that we in the military are held to. If it's good enough for our men and women in the military, why can't our police be held to the same standard?

Wow, well here's what you've seemingly ignored during your 20 years of military service - that elevated standard was totally within the context of an artificial and sheltered environment. That bubble has it's own legal code, it's own TO. Make a mistake in the military, within the context of your job and you're not going to be civilly tried and sued, not criminally either. You're shielded by the big Green Wall so to speak.

Wow, well here's what you've seemingly ignored during your 20 years of military service - that elevated standard was totally within the context of an artificial and sheltered environment. That bubble has it's own legal code, it's own TO. Make a mistake in the military, within the context of your job and you're not going to be civilly tried and sued, not criminally either. You're shielded by the big Green Wall so to speak.

"shielded"? Apparently you think it's easy, not that big a deal if one gets in trouble in the military...that it doesn't affect someone for the remainder of his life.

On the inside, there's the code of honor, and the very real shame that one feels in front of all his fellows. If he's not kicked out, then he has to continue working besides the very same ones for the rest of the tour - he can't just pick up and leave and go somewhere else to hide his shame.

Yeah, someone in the military doesn't normally face civil trials or any equivalent thereof (unless he's going to a general court-martial...where a conviction does count as a felony in a federal court of law)...but don't pretend that it's easy. In a lot of ways, it's worse.

That they will....No doubt about it!

And the police have a tougher time with a large number of ethnic population ...with guns. Not towns with lots of guns!

My community and the entire county are loaded with guns and we have a very low crime rate.
The Sheriff's office has been running 6 months behind on Concealed Carry Permits. Use to be about 2-3 weeks, now it's 6 months.
Unheard of since the State program started in 1982.

It's the people....NOT how many guns are owned.

But its neither, its the police/government...

...saying its the people is giving ammunition to the Centrist Authoritarians like Obama, Hillary and Trump, when they argue that they have to disarm the American people to protect the police.

"shielded"? Apparently you think it's easy, not that big a deal if one gets in trouble in the military...that it doesn't affect someone for the remainder of his life.

On the inside, there's the code of honor, and the very real shame that one feels in front of all his fellows. If he's not kicked out, then he has to continue working besides the very same ones for the rest of the tour - he can't just pick up and leave and go somewhere else to hide his shame.

Yeah, someone in the military doesn't normally face civil trials or any equivalent thereof (unless he's going to a general court-martial...where a conviction does count as a felony in a federal court of law)...but don't pretend that it's easy. In a lot of ways, it's worse.

No, it's not that easy, of course. I spent a little more than a tenth of the time you did in the service (ARMY 69-72). But I know what a UCMJ jacket looks like. And that's just it - a different code. A different set of rules and an entirely different justice system.

You're stuck on apples and oranges when you try to compare police with the military.

No, it's not that easy, of course. I spent a little more than a tenth of the time you did in the service (ARMY 69-72). But I know what a UCMJ jacket looks like. And that's just it - a different code. A different set of rules and an entirely different justice system.

You're stuck on apples and oranges when you try to compare police with the military.

You spent three years - good on you, but three years in the military gives you a worm's eye view, so to speak. As for myself, during my twenty I also served (among many other things) as the shipboard equivalent of chief investigator, chief of police, and legal officer. I do know very well what they went through, since at one time early on in my career I also had been busted in rank (and deservedly so, for something that would 'merely' have gotten me fired on the on the outside). The hardest part is going through the entire process in front of your fellow servicemembers, and even when it's all done, still working side-by-side with them after having been busted in rank. It really sucks - the continual feeling of shame in such a situation is...suffocating.

That's why I say that in some ways it's harder than on the outside...and why I took exception to the insinuation that we in the military are 'shielded' from the criminal justice system. We really are held to a higher standard in the military, and rightly so. And the police IMO would greatly benefit in the long run for being held to the same higher standard.

Ah. I see. In YOUR opinion, blacks are lazy - that's why they have to be taught (in YOUR words) "the way out of poverty is through hard work".

You should check out Stormfront sometime - I suspect you'd find some very like-minded people over there.

Utter horse-crap and you know it. We have vastly higher unemployment in poor black neighborhoods and those same neighborhoods have the worst crime rates as well. That's not a racist comment, that's a simple observation of facts. You can take the same economic demographics and apply them to other racial demographics and see the difference. There are jobs available (as evidenced by the number of immigrants coming to this country who are willing to do those jobs), if people are willing to do them, but for some reason, we have a large segment of the population that won't do those jobs. Why is that?? Because they've never been taught that success comes from hard work and instead get the pipe dream of easy money stuffed down their throats by the local thugs, they are told that taking those kind of jobs is beneath them, we make not working more attractive than working. So yes, it something that needs to be taught, not because they lack the ability to figure it out, but because they've been indoctrinated with a lie that runs counter to it.

Obama: Police Can 'Make the Job of Being a Cop a Lot Safer' by Admitting Their Failures

America's police will be safer when they admit they have a problem, Pres. Obama declared on Sunday at a bilateral event with the prime minister of Spain in Madrid.

Fielding a question on Sunday, July 10, about the violence against police in Dallas, Texas last week, which left five officers dead, Obama said police officers will be safer once they acknowledge their failures:

Obama: Police Can 'Make the Job of Being a Cop a Lot Safer' by Admitting Their Failures | MRCTV

WTF? Talk about putting the blame on the wrong people!! obama is the biggest ****ing asshole President, bar none!

This is OUTRAGEOUS!!! :2mad:

Come on. Have a heart. The Democrats are in a bind. 60 years of their central policies are proving to have been failures. They are creating the substance of revolt. What are they to do?

You spent three years - good on you, but three years in the military gives you a worm's eye view, so to speak. As for myself, during my twenty I also served (among many other things) as the shipboard equivalent of chief investigator, chief of police, and legal officer. I do know very well what they went through, since at one time early on in my career I also had been busted in rank (and deservedly so, for something that would 'merely' have gotten me fired on the on the outside). The hardest part is going through the entire process in front of your fellow servicemembers, and even when it's all done, still working side-by-side with them after having been busted in rank. It really sucks - the continual feeling of shame in such a situation is...suffocating.

That's why I say that in some ways it's harder than on the outside...and why I took exception to the insinuation that we in the military are 'shielded' from the criminal justice system. We really are held to a higher standard in the military, and rightly so. And the police IMO would greatly benefit in the long run for being held to the same higher standard.

Gee that's nice. But you can't deny that the military has their very own system of justice and that it is NOT the same as for civilians. Expectations are different as are results. If you kill someone who MAY have had a bomb vest attached and is refusing to comply with commands (even if they turn out to be the most innocent little flower) you're not going to be prosecuted nor will you be sued and your name drug through the mud.

Come on. Have a heart. The Democrats are in a bind. 60 years of their central policies are proving to have been failures. They are creating the substance of revolt. What are they to do?

Yes, I do lack compassion and empathy in this regard. The constant misdirection by obozo, gets my ire up.

Utter horse-crap and you know it. We have vastly higher unemployment in poor black neighborhoods and those same neighborhoods have the worst crime rates as well. That's not a racist comment, that's a simple observation of facts. You can take the same economic demographics and apply them to other racial demographics and see the difference. There are jobs available (as evidenced by the number of immigrants coming to this country who are willing to do those jobs), if people are willing to do them, but for some reason, we have a large segment of the population that won't do those jobs. Why is that?? Because they've never been taught that success comes from hard work and instead get the pipe dream of easy money stuffed down their throats by the local thugs, they are told that taking those kind of jobs is beneath them, we make not working more attractive than working. So yes, it something that needs to be taught, not because they lack the ability to figure it out, but because they've been indoctrinated with a lie that runs counter to it.

Sir, YOU said, "Start teaching them that the way out of poverty is through hard work." That, sir, is a classic example of perpetuating the racist myth of the "lazy ni**er", because you're stating that somebody has to START teaching them that the way out of poverty is through hard work, as if nobody's ever taught them that before.

Did you mean to be racist? I strongly doubt it. You almost certainly didn't mean anything bad - you almost certainly had no malice whatsoever in your thoughts. BUT that's the very same problem that I've pointed out so many times before, how most who do or say racist things are good, well-meaning people who don't even realize what they're doing. Your statement would have been strongly offensive to any black person, and understandably so...whereas those who are maliciously racist would have cheered such a statement - which is why I said that you should take such sentiments over to Stormfront.

Do you believe yourself to be a good person? Of course you do. But look at the first quote of my signature below. You thought you were doing the right thing - you really did, with no malice in your heart. But what you did not realize is that you were in fact perpetuating the racist myth of the "lazy ni**er". You honestly didn't mean to, but you did.

Sir, YOU said, "Start teaching them that the way out of poverty is through hard work." That, sir, is a classic example of perpetuating the racist myth of the "lazy ni**er", because you're stating that somebody has to START teaching them that the way out of poverty is through hard work, as if nobody's ever taught them that before.

Did you mean to be racist? I strongly doubt it. You almost certainly didn't mean anything bad - you almost certainly had no malice whatsoever in your thoughts. BUT that's the very same problem that I've pointed out so many times before, how most who do or say racist things are good, well-meaning people who don't even realize what they're doing. Your statement would have been strongly offensive to any black person, and understandably so...whereas those who are maliciously racist would have cheered such a statement - which is why I said that you should take such sentiments over to Stormfront.

Do you believe yourself to be a good person? Of course you do. But look at the first quote of my signature below. You thought you were doing the right thing - you really did, with no malice in your heart. But what you did not realize is that you were in fact perpetuating the racist myth of the "lazy ni**er". You honestly didn't mean to, but you did.

..and here's where liberal racism comes into play. The thought of "lazy blacks" never even entered my mind, yet you jumped straight to that. I'm talking about culture, yet you are thinking race. I can't even comprehend how in this day and age, someone can still have a mindset that makes that connection, yet there a lot of liberals who do. My point was that they are taught the opposite, so we have to correct that and start teaching the truth. You perpetuated the myth, not me. You brought it out from something completely unrelated and created a connection that never existed until YOU pointed it out.

..and here's where liberal racism comes into play. The thought of "lazy blacks" never even entered my mind, yet you jumped straight to that. I'm talking about culture, yet you are thinking race. I can't even comprehend how in this day and age, someone can still have a mindset that makes that connection, yet there a lot of liberals who do. My point was that they are taught the opposite, so we have to correct that and start teaching the truth. You perpetuated the myth, not me. You brought it out from something completely unrelated and created a connection that never existed until YOU pointed it out.

What a wonderful example of the all too-common conservative habit of "You pointed out the racism, so it's actually you who are racist!"

What a wonderful example of the all too-common conservative habit of "You pointed out the racism, so it's actually you who are racist!"

Sent from my grapefruit using smoke signals.

You weren't pointing out anything. There was NO racism, just a statement of facts. I was literally shocked when you thought what i said was racist, because until you brought up the "lazy black" thing, it NEVER crossed my mind, but it did cross YOURS. Why is that?? Why is it that when someone discusses black unemployment, your mind goes to "lazy blacks"? Mine didn't and never does. I see a problem with a cause and I want to see it solved and the cause brought to a stop, but you see a racist stereotype. Which one of us has a problem with race????

You weren't pointing out anything. There was NO racism, just a statement of facts. I was literally shocked when you thought what i said was racist, because until you brought up the "lazy black" thing, it NEVER crossed my mind, but it did cross YOURS. Why is that?? Why is it that when someone discusses black unemployment, your mind goes to "lazy blacks"? Mine didn't and never does. I see a problem with a cause and I want to see it solved and the cause brought to a stop, but you see a racist stereotype. Which one of us has a problem with race????

Look, guy, YOU were the one who said:

"Start teaching them that the way out of poverty is through hard work."

That IS a racist statement, pure and simple, for it obviously infers that no one - including all their parents and elders - have been teaching them any such thing. It simply doesn't matter that you don't think it is a racist statement, nor does it matter that you had no racist intent (as I already stated was almost certainly the case). What DOES matter is that it was a racist statement...and that you need to wake up and smell the coffee and see that maybe, just maybe your personal definition of what is or is not racist needs a bit of adjustment.

AGAIN - and as you seem to accept - I didn't accuse you of racism. I simply pointed out that what you said was a racist statement, and I explained to you exactly WHY it is a racist statement. The best course of action for you to take, sir, would be to own up to a simple human mistake (just like the stupid mistake I had to own up to earlier today), try not to make that mistake again...

...and if you are wise, go sit down by yourself in a quiet spot with your drink of choice, and ask yourself why - if you truly think that people are pretty much the same all over the world - why it is that you would even think that black parents and elders (as opposed to the parents and elders of the other races of the world) as a whole don't try to teach their kids the simple value of hard work...because that's the concrete inference that you made.

Look, guy, YOU were the one who said:

"Start teaching them that the way out of poverty is through hard work."

That IS a racist statement, pure and simple, for it obviously infers that no one - including all their parents and elders - have been teaching them any such thing. It simply doesn't matter that you don't think it is a racist statement, nor does it matter that you had no racist intent (as I already stated was almost certainly the case). What DOES matter is that it was a racist statement...and that you need to wake up and smell the coffee and see that maybe, just maybe your personal definition of what is or is not racist needs a bit of adjustment.

AGAIN - and as you seem to accept - I didn't accuse you of racism. I simply pointed out that what you said was a racist statement, and I explained to you exactly WHY it is a racist statement. The best course of action for you to take, sir, would be to own up to a simple human mistake (just like the stupid mistake I had to own up to earlier today), try not to make that mistake again...

...and if you are wise, go sit down by yourself in a quiet spot with your drink of choice, and ask yourself why - if you truly think that people are pretty much the same all over the world - why it is that you would even think that black parents and elders (as opposed to the parents and elders of the other races of the world) as a whole don't try to teach their kids the simple value of hard work...because that's the concrete inference that you made.

No, it says that they've had too many people teaching them the exact opposite by the people who are the authority figures in their neighborhoods. It's about the inner city culture more than it is about race, but that culture has a very strong black majority. The authority figures within that culture are crap and need to be stopped and what they've been teaching by example, by pressure and by active efforts needs to be aggressively countered, instead of apologized for. When someone does something wrong, that COMMUNITY needs to step up place the blame EXACTLY where it belongs and stop apologizing for it and stop attacking the justice system for enforcing the laws.

Your comments about Stormfront were clearly racist accusations, so don't even start trying to backtrack...

No, it says that they've had too many people teaching them the exact opposite by the people who are the authority figures in their neighborhoods. It's about the inner city culture more than it is about race, but that culture has a very strong black majority. The authority figures within that culture are crap and need to be stopped and what they've been teaching by example, by pressure and by active efforts needs to be aggressively countered, instead of apologized for. When someone does something wrong, that COMMUNITY needs to step up place the blame EXACTLY where it belongs and stop apologizing for it and stop attacking the justice system for enforcing the laws.

Your comments about Stormfront were clearly racist accusations, so don't even start trying to backtrack...

According to you, the community - which is by definition led by parents and elders - isn't teaching the kids the value of hard work.

In other words, you've doubled down on what I told you was a racist statement, one which would be seen as a racist statement by almost anyone in the black community, and rightly so.

Noted.

Back
Top Bottom