• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama Suspends the Law

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By: DrJohn

king-obama-150x150.jpg

king-obama

Is Obamacare unconstitutional?

Michael McConnell, a former judge for the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals, wrote a piece in the WSJ yesterday about Barack Obama choosing not to enforce existing law because it is inconvenient:

President Obama’s decision last week to suspend the employer mandate of the Affordable Care Act may be welcome relief to businesses affected by this provision, but it raises grave concerns about his understanding of the role of the executive in our system of government.

Article II, Section 3, of the Constitution states that the president “shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed.” This is a duty, not a discretionary power. While the president does have substantial discretion about how to enforce a law, he has no discretion about whether to do so.​

{snip}
He does not have the power to issue a decree that he will pick and choose which provisions of laws to follow in statements issued after Congress passes a law. What this President is doing is wrong.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Obama Suspends the Law | Flopping Aces

Obama has found that his crowning gem "Obama-Care" is not able to be implemented as written. He also knows if this mess is begun as scheduled he will lose the mid-term elections for his fellow Progressives.

king-obama-150x150.jpg

king-obama

Michael McConnell, a former judge for the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals, wrote a piece in the WSJ yesterday about Barack Obama choosing not to enforce existing law because it is inconvenient:

President Obama’s decision last week to suspend the employer mandate of the Affordable Care Act may be welcome relief to businesses affected by this provision, but it raises grave concerns about his understanding of the role of the executive in our system of government.

Article II, Section 3, of the Constitution states that the president “shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed.” This is a duty, not a discretionary power. While the president does have substantial discretion about how to enforce a law, he has no discretion about whether to do so.​

{snip}
He does not have the power to issue a decree that he will pick and choose which provisions of laws to follow in statements issued after Congress passes a law. What this President is doing is wrong.

[Excerpt]

Read more:

Obama has found that his crowning gem "Obama-Care" is not able to be implemented as written. He also knows if this mess is begun as scheduled he will lose the mid-term elections for his fellow Progressives.

Today (Left Coast Time) I heard California's Congressman McClintock bring up Obama not enforcing his own Obama Care.
And this is why many Republicans will not vote for any immigration reform bill that has an amnesty along with border security because Obama has a well established track record of not enforcing the laws he took an oath to enforce.

The only part of any immigration reform that passes in Congress that Obama will enforce is the amnesty part.

I agree. Obama must enforce the laws on the date when they go into effect, not when he feels like it. I would commend you guys for supporting the enforcement of a law you disagree with, but we all know that's not what you are doing.

I, on the other hand, have mixed feelings about Obamacare, so I don't have an agenda when I say that you are right about his dereliction of duty. He is indeed much more autocratic than I thought when I voted for him. It is a huge disappointment and a sad thing for me.

Well, I don't know if this makes him "king" or anything. The article seems a bit stupid if you ask me.

Anyway. The fact that Obamacare was postponed till 2015 means that Obama doesn't trust his flagship policy to be what he claims it is.

We know it's not "universal healthcare". universal healthcare is a good thing. it also doesn't mean that much of the snot republicans threw at it is true. It just means that the truth about Obamacare is not what Obama claims it is, it's not what the democrats claim it is and it's not what the republicans claim it is. But what it certainly is, is a piece of legislation that has nobody has any confidence in except Obama fanboys. Or fangirls.

I agree. Obama must enforce the laws on the date when they go into effect, not when he feels like it. I would commend you guys for supporting the enforcement of a law you disagree with, but we all know that's not what you are doing.
. . .

Oh, that's exactly what I'm doing.

I want every mental couch potato that believes that the Leftist/Progressive/Liberal/Marxist agenda is anything more the a set of schemes to dupe the gullible to have to swallow every morsel of the putrescent banquet they laid out for us all. I want them to be so revolted by what they've done that they never have the temerity to make a political statement or handle anything as dangerous as a ballot again. I want them to live to see what they've done to their children and grandchildren. I don't want even the grave to shield them from the evil that they've done, and continue to do.

king-obama-150x150.jpg

king-obama

{snip}

[Excerpt]

Read more:

The 2014 "mid-term" congressional elections are comming, no need to inflict more big gov't pain "at the present time" as we must wait until it is more politically convenient to do that. This is exactly like the "dreamy" enforcement of immigration law, or BOLO lists for IRS status, playing political favorites to influnce election results. Obama may not be quite a king, but he is very politically savy and knows how to use his power to get what he really wants, Democratic yes men back in control of congress to enact more "fundamental transformation" legislation.

Well, I don't know if this makes him "king" or anything. The article seems a bit stupid if you ask me.

Anyway.
The fact that Obamacare was postponed till 2015 means that Obama doesn't trust his flagship policy to be what he claims it is.

We know it's not "universal healthcare". universal healthcare is a good thing. it also doesn't mean that much of the snot republicans threw at it is true. It just means that the truth about Obamacare is not what Obama claims it is, it's not what the democrats claim it is and it's not what the republicans claim it is. But what it certainly is, is a piece of legislation that has nobody has any confidence in except Obama fanboys. Or fangirls.

Not all of Obamacare was postponed until 2015 ... e.g. you as an individual still have to comply ... things getting clearer now?

:rock

I, on the other hand, have mixed feelings about Obamacare, so I don't have an agenda when I say that you are right about his dereliction of duty. He is indeed much more autocratic than I thought when I voted for him. It is a huge disappointment and a sad thing for me.

:rock ...Thanks for your candor. I suspect many others who voted for Obama are having reservations at this point.

Oh, that's exactly what I'm doing.

I want every mental couch potato that believes that the Leftist/Progressive/Liberal/Marxist agenda is anything more the a set of schemes to dupe the gullible to have to swallow every morsel of the putrescent banquet they laid out for us all. I want them to be so revolted by what they've done that they never have the temerity to make a political statement or handle anything as dangerous as a ballot again. I want them to live to see what they've done to their children and grandchildren. I don't want even the grave to shield them from the evil that they've done, and continue to do.

Looks like you need a hug. Not from me, but you need a hug.

The 2014 "mid-term" congressional elections are comming, no need to inflict more big gov't pain "at the present time" as we must wait until it is more politically convenient to do that. This is exactly like the "dreamy" enforcement of immigration law, or BOLO lists for IRS status, playing political favorites to influnce election results. Obama may not be quite a king, but he is very politically savy and knows how to use his power to get what he really wants, Democratic yes men back in control of congress to enact more "fundamental transformation" legislation.

Do you mean, just like Obama influenced his re-election by instructing people like Susan Rice, and the Sec. State to lie, claiming some poor schlump created a video that angered Muslims into attacking the Benghazi "Consulate"? Or the collusion between the directors of the IRS and himself to persecute conservative trying to establish 501(c) organizations?
The parameters of the Affordable Healthcare Act passed and set forth by both Houses and signed by the President could only be changed by Congress and not arbitrarily by the President.

Last edited:
Do you mean, just like Obama influenced his re-election by instructing people like Susan Rice, and the Sec. State to lie, claiming some poor schlump created a video that angered Muslims into attacking the Benghazi "Consulate". Or the collusion between the directors of the IRS and himself to persecute conservative trying to establish 501(c) organizations.
Then again getting back to Obama's announced postponement of the Affordable Health Care Act. Dates for the implementation were set in 2010 allowing for 3 years to fully implement the AHCA. In reality, the AHCA can only be postponed by an Act of Congress not the president.

Do you have any proof that Hilliary Clinton or Susan rice lied?

Do you even know which part of ObamaCare is being delayed? If he was scared of people not liking it he would have suspended the individual mandate for a year. But that isn't the part being delayed. Your "sky is falling" rant is over blown and far out of proportion.

Do you have any proof that Hilliary Clinton or Susan rice lied?

Are you kidding me? Those facts have already been proven time and time again. Rice was fed a lie about the circumstances involving the attacks, and Barack Obama and the Secretary of State both made speeches claiming that the attacks on the Benghazi facilities were caused by spontaneous mobs in attempts to bolster Rice.

Do you even know which part of ObamaCare is being delayed? If he was scared of people not liking it he would have suspended the individual mandate for a year. But that isn't the part being delayed. Your "sky is falling" rant is over blown and far out of proportion.

What you don't understand is that Obama as president can not arbitrarily change the date without Congress. Anything else would be an overreach of powers of the president.

Are you kidding me? Those facts have already been proven time and time again. Rice was fed a lie about the circumstances involving the attacks, and Barack Obama and the Secretary of State both made speeches claiming that the attacks on the Benghazi facilities were caused by spontaneous mobs in attempts to bolster Rice.

The Information that amabasador rice was given was based on what was known at the time. No one is arguing now that Benghazi was caused by a offensive video.

What you don't understand is that Obama as president can not arbitrarily change the date without Congress. Anything else would be an overreach of powers of the president.

Did you see what I responded too? You said he is delaying ObamaCare because of the midterm elections, I pointed out that he's not actually delaying the individual mandate part, and then you change the subject to "the president can't do that!". Delaying implementation of laws is a common occurrence and something that no body ever complained about until Obama became president.

Even power he doesn't constitutionally have....

Back
Top Bottom