• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama surprises Chicago food bank volunteers and helps prepare Thanksgiving meal bags

HenryChinaski

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/11/21/us/obama-thanksgiving-surprise-trnd/index.html
Volunteers at a Chicago food bank got a surprise treat for the holidays.

Former President Barack Obama paid an unannounced visit Tuesday to the Greater Chicago Food Depository, where he helped bag potatoes for Thanksgiving meals.

Wearing a Chicago White Sox hat, Obama arrived with bags of donated food and donned latex gloves to work side by side with volunteers at the nonprofit, which helps provide meals to more than 700 food pantries and shelters across Cook County, Illinois.
I’m going to hear **** for this but I’ve always found Obama to be a very classy guy.

For contrast:

Our CIC sent troops to the wrong part of the border to ineffectively deal with women and children refugees solely as a political stunt causing troops to miss Thanksgiving with their families while himself going to play golf in Florida.

Big deal, I did see him passing out paper towels to hurricane victims...

Obama would be one of very few politicians I would trust to babysit my kids when they were young.

It's sad how far down the class scale we went from one president to the next.

This is just another example of why Obama is classier than Trump, but this is really not breaking news.

He installed his henchman as the mayor of Chicago and let it fall to gangs. Real Classy.
****, the politics of this town has been corrupt since the 1920s when the Republicans ran it with an iron fist. Study some history.

****, the politics of this town has been corrupt since the 1920s when the Republicans ran it with an iron fist. Study some history.

Do you approve of the job Obama's henchmen/former chief of staff has done has the mayor? I am serious. A lot of innocent kids died because of him.

Big deal, I did see him passing out paper towels to hurricane victims...

Obama would be one of very few politicians I would trust to babysit my kids when they were young.

It's sad how far down the class scale we went from one president to the next.
I'd trust GWB and Obama, maybe Clinton in the Arsenio years... But yeah, definitely not Trump. My kid might come back saying crazy **** like it's okay for teachers to kill kids in other schools.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Do you approve of the job Obama's henchmen/former chief of staff has done has the mayor? I am serious. A lot of innocent kids died because of him.
... what do you define as 'kids'? 0-11? 12 to 15? Inquiring minds want to know.

:)

I know he thrilled a lot of people with this. And brings attention to a worthy cause.

I could maybe learn to like Obama. I'll give it a few more years.

I'd trust GWB and Obama, maybe Clinton in the Arsenio years... But yeah, definitely not Trump. My kid might come back saying crazy **** like it's okay for teachers to kill kids in other schools.

I would love to sit down and have a beer with GWB and Obama. If he was alive I would include Eisenhower.

Obama is so classy he pried open sealed divorce proceedings of his opponent when he ran for the legislature in Illinois. He is the epitome of the Chicago dirty politician that does things like this to distract from all the classless things he did to get elected.

You are buying into classic PR.

Obama is so classy he pried open sealed divorce proceedings of his opponent when he ran for the legislature in Illinois. He is the epitome of the Chicago dirty politician that does things like this to distract from all the classless things he did to get elected.

You are buying into classic PR.
Not to mention some shady real estate dealing with a suspected criminal.

Not to mention some shady real estate dealing with a suspected criminal.

Oh, there are a lot of skeletons in Obama's closet, most media outlets still aren't interested.

no one “died” because of rahm. That’s just something you’d like to tell yourself to make you feel better because of your partisan blinders. The reasons for gang violence in this town is multifaceted and rooted in the same origins that plague every American city regardless if they’re run by Republicans or Democrats.

You sure don't know your history, it is you that needs to study up. This is really embarrassing.

Presidents and Congresses
I don’t know my Chicago history? lol throughout the 20s The Chicago mob was physically beating voters to vote republican outside the polling stations here. Without their Republican mayor candidate they couldn’t continue to operate there gambling Hall’s and prostitution dens.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom