• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama still on stupid when it comes to stupid spending

APACHERAT

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Despite Obama's sequester, DOD signs contract for $59/gallon green jet fuel

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel recently warned that (Obama's) sequestration would cause “suspension of important activities, curtailed training, and could result in furloughs of civilian personnel” but the spending cuts haven’t killed President Obama's green fuels program, as the Pentagon has continued purchasing renewable fuel at $59 per gallon while grounding 1/3 of the Air Force squadrons and the Navy doesn't have money to send it's ships to sea.

“In March, Gevo entered into a contract with the Defense Logistics Agency to supply the U.S. Army with 3,650 gallons of renewable jet fuel to be delivered by the second quarter of 2013,” Gevo announced this week in its first quarter financial report. “This initial order may be increased by 12,500 gallons. All shipments will be at a fixed price of $59 per gallon during the initial testing phase. These shipments are in addition to the renewable jet fuel supplied to the U.S. Air Force (USAF) and the U.S. Navy (USN).”

Conventional JP-8 jet fuel costs $3.73 a gallon.

Despite sequester, DOD signs contract for $59/gallon green jet fuel | WashingtonExaminer.com

It was bad enough that Obama ordered the Navy to spend $27. per gallon to fuel it's ships.

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel recently warned that (Obama's) sequestration would cause “suspension of important activities, curtailed training, and could result in furloughs of civilian personnel” but the spending cuts haven’t killed President Obama's green fuels program, as the Pentagon has continued purchasing renewable fuel at $59 per gallon while grounding 1/3 of the Air Force squadrons and the Navy doesn't have money to send it's ships to sea.

“In March, Gevo entered into a contract with the Defense Logistics Agency to supply the U.S. Army with 3,650 gallons of renewable jet fuel to be delivered by the second quarter of 2013,” Gevo announced this week in its first quarter financial report. “This initial order may be increased by 12,500 gallons. All shipments will be at a fixed price of $59 per gallon during the initial testing phase. These shipments are in addition to the renewable jet fuel supplied to the U.S. Air Force (USAF) and the U.S. Navy (USN).”

Despite sequester, DOD signs contract for $59/gallon green jet fuel | WashingtonExaminer.com

It was bad enough that Obama ordered the Navy to spend $27. per gallon to fuel it's ships.

Yeah, that seems pretty dumb.

I'm confused. Renewable jet fuel! Does that mean you can fill up your jet, use a tank full. Then renew what you used and use it again?

Another idiotic conservative meme.

The U.S. military views development of alternatives as a security imperative, and a means to reduce reliance on petroleum-based products, given that the U.S. Defense Department has used 3.8 billion gallons (14.4 billion liters) of petroleum jet fuel annually over the past three years. Jet fuel, used not only in the air but on the battlefield in tankers, generators and weapons systems, accounts for 46 percent of the U.S. government's energy use. The military is partly insulated from price swings, because its purchasing agent, the Defense Logistics Agency Energy, uses fixed-price contracts with economic price adjustment clauses. Still, DLA Energy has seen a 21 percent increase in the average purchase cost of petroleum fuel from December through March of this year.

As Jet Fuel Prices Soar, a Green Option Nears the Runway

By the way, any guess on what regular jet fuel costs? Did you bother to look it up?

I'm confused. Renewable jet fuel! Does that mean you can fill up your jet, use a tank full. Then renew what you used and use it again?

I guess that's what Obama has been proclaiming for the past four years.

Maybe Obama wants a name to be remembered by like Gov. Jerry Brown had, Governor Moonbeam.

I just hope American Airlines aren't as stupid as the Obama administration. That $72 ticket from Lax to Vegas would cost me $1,008

I'm confused. Renewable jet fuel! Does
that mean you can fill up your jet, use a tank full. Then renew what you used and use it again?

What Democrat politicians is now highly invested in a renewable bio-fuel company ?

They couldn't convince us that we needed to pay for a gas that's needed for photo-synthesis, that's " poison" so they gouge the hell out of buying up "alternative fuels "

JP-8 jet fuel = 3.73 a gallon. Says it in the OP.

3.73 is LESS than 59.00 a Gallon isn't it ?

Another one hit out of the park there HOJ.....

BWHAHAAAHH!

Been reading Glenn Beck I see.

Try more like $100 a gallon for front line military aircraft.

But keep ignoring the fact tha the test program at issue is to test renewable fuel to make sure it is available if foreign sources are embargoed. That's what conservatives do: pretend.

I guess that's what Obama has been proclaiming for the past four years.

Maybe Obama wants a name to be remembered by like Gov. Jerry Brown had, Governor Moonbeam.

I just hope American Airlines aren't as stupid as the Obama administration. That $72 ticket from Lax to Vegas would cost me $1,008

the difference is American Airlines has to use their money to buy fuel, the government uses other peoples money.

BWHAHAAAHH!

But keep ignoring the fact tha the test program at issue is to test renewable fuel to make sure it is available if foreign sources are embargoed. That's what conservatives do: pretend.

Oh sure, " front line " aircraft fly MUCH better on old re-conditioned Fried Chicken oil than this "super" jet-fuel your so entertained by.

Uh-huh....we want our enemies to smell our after burner exhaust because now it smells like Empenada's. It will distract them, make them hungry and that split second is all we need to take them out !!!

Yup, sounds like Obama military doctrine to me.

HOJ, I've had a FAA Airframe and Powerplant license for over 20 years now, haven't used it in quite some time but I forget NOTHING, so I'm reeeaal interested in your 100 dollar a gallon super fuel.

BWHAHAAAHH!

The military pays less than $4.00 a gallon for JP-8.

P.S. I see they let you back again. I give you 2 weeks this time.

the difference is American Airlines has to use their money to buy fuel, the government uses other peoples money.

That money that the government spends happens to be yours and I and the 52 % who actually pay individual income taxes.

Must be a political connection some where.

Here it is.

>" Gevo spent $360,000 over three years for the services of Green Capitol LLC, according to lobbying records. The principals of the firm are a former Capitol Hill aide who worked on energy programs and a former official of the Air Transport Association, the major airlines' trade organization, who pushed the Air Force to experiment with biofuels.

Gevo's Air Force contract was worth $639,000.

A key Gevo investor is venture capitalist Vinod Khosla, who co-founded Sun Microsystems and has given $474,000 in campaign contributions since 1996, mostly to Democrats, according to a Reuters' compilation of campaign finance data on opensecrets.org.

Khosla told Reuters through a spokesman that he had no knowledge of the Air Force contract and declined further comment. "< Solazyme And Gevo Inc. Part Of Pentagon Effort To Switch To Biofuels

I have a few old toilet seats in my garage. I wonder if the government would be interested purchasing these $600 toilet seats.

BWHAHAAAHH!

BWHAHAAAHH!...indeed

Who have you been reading to come up with this crap?

A casual review of the list fails to support your '$100 a gallon for front line military aircraft' assertion or any other military fuel for that matter;
http://www.energy.dla.mil/DLA_finan...3 Standard Prices (Effective Oct 1, 2012).pdf

Of course you are quite welcome to substantiate the prevarication you are trying to peddle...but of course that's what progressives do: peddle crap.

That money that the government spends happens to be yours and I and the 52 % who actually pay individual income taxes.

Must be a political connection some where.

Here it is.

>" Gevo spent $360,000 over three years for the services of Green Capitol LLC, according to lobbying records. The principals of the firm are a former Capitol Hill aide who worked on energy programs and a former official of the Air Transport Association, the major airlines' trade organization, who pushed the Air Force to experiment with biofuels.

Gevo's Air Force contract was worth $639,000.

A key Gevo investor is venture capitalist Vinod Khosla, who co-founded Sun Microsystems and has given $474,000 in campaign contributions since 1996, mostly to Democrats, according to a Reuters' compilation of campaign finance data on opensecrets.org.

Khosla told Reuters through a spokesman that he had no knowledge of the Air Force contract and declined further comment. "< Solazyme And Gevo Inc. Part Of Pentagon Effort To Switch To Biofuels

I have a few old toilet seats in my garage. I wonder if the government would be interested purchasing these $600 toilet seats.

Toilet seats huh? Usually there is a connection. I think Obama just named three huge campaign donors to key positions like commerce and I do not remember where the other two were. Yep, giving big money to candidates gets big rewards.

Toilet seats huh? Usually there is a connection. I think Obama just named three huge campaign donors to key positions like commerce and I do not remember where the other two were. Yep, giving big money to candidates gets big rewards.

Obama still doing stupid things, appointed second rate people to Cabinet positions.

Obama could have turned out as a half ass President if he would have appointed well qualified first rate people as Cabinet Members and surrounded himself with individuals who were experienced and qualified.

There have only been two individuals who were qualified and first rate on Obama's Cabinet since January of 2009, Secretary of Defense Gates who's a well known yes man and Leon Panetta.

Every Secretary of the Executive branch under Obama are or were second rate, including Hillary Clinton. I knew Obama was going to be a failure when he appointed Janet Napolitano to protect America from terrorist and to secure our borders. She had no military experience or law enforcement experience. She's a lawyer !!! I knew we were going to start getting hit in the CONUS by Al Qaeda and other Islamist terrorist.

Another winner Obama appointed was Eric Holder.

John Kerry as Hillary Clinton's replacement as Secretary of State. Well at least Kerry had more experience in foreign relations than Hillary did. Kerry after his tour in Vietnam, excuse me half of a tour in Vietnam, joined the VVAW and backed stabbed the American soldier while he was still on the battlefields of Vietnam and then illegally negotiated with our enemy, the North Vietnam government in Paris.

I think it was right after Obama won the election in 2008 when he was being interviewed probably by NBC News and he said, "Judge me by who I surround myself with." Barack Obama has surrounded himself with second rate people.

BWHAHAAAHH!

Indeed, military commanders (without the bias of politics) see over-dependence on fossil fuels to be a liability.

"After a decade of waging wars in remote corners of the globe where fuel is not readily available, senior commanders have come to see overdependence on fossil fuel as a big liability, and renewable technologies — which have become more reliable and less expensive over the past few years — as providing a potential answer. These new types of renewable energy now account for only a small percentage of the power used by the armed forces, but military leaders plan to rapidly expand their use over the next decade. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/05/science/earth/05fossil.html?pagewanted=all

Sounds good to me. Time to Kill the MIC in USA.

And what was SMART about spending $2,000 B in Iraq??????

Is war better than free healthcare for all Americans for 150 years?

"Thousands of combat deaths and rising fuel prices helped push the military to outline a broad energy strategy Tuesday aimed at moving away from fossil fuels.

Over 3,000 American soldiers or contractors were killed in fuel supply convoys between 2003 and 2007 in Iraq and Afghanistan, officials said. Eighty percent of all supply trucks operating in the region are carrying fuel."

Military outlines energy strategy in face of convoy deaths - Jun. 14, 2011

See how the 'conservative entertainment complex' cannot make a point in an honest and intelligent way. Why doesn't the 'editorial' explain why the military is doing that. They know cons will just insert their own silly delusions to explain it.

"Thousands of combat deaths and rising fuel prices helped push the military to outline a broad energy strategy Tuesday aimed at moving away from fossil fuels.

Over 3,000 American soldiers or contractors were killed in fuel supply convoys between 2003 and 2007 in Iraq and Afghanistan, officials said. Eighty percent of all supply trucks operating in the region are carrying fuel."

See how the 'conservative entertainment complex' cannot make a point in an honest and intelligent way. Why doesn't the 'editorial' explain why the military is doing that. They know cons will just insert their own silly delusions to explain it.

Vehicles need fuel period.

Convoys will be required therefore there will be death when the convoys are attacked.

Whats so hard to understand about that ??

Obama was elected twice and the War is still going on that makes it a Obama's now.

That's how we got Obamacare.

Such is life. A lot of the legislation passed is done so with the huge money donor's in mind. Rewards for support their campaigns or party

Indeed, military commanders (without the bias of politics) see over-dependence on fossil fuels to be a liability.

"After a decade of waging wars in remote corners of the globe where fuel is not readily available, senior commanders have come to see overdependence on fossil fuel as a big liability, and renewable technologies — which have become more reliable and less expensive over the past few years — as providing a potential answer. These new types of renewable energy now account for only a small percentage of the power used by the armed forces, but military leaders plan to rapidly expand their use over the next decade. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/05/science/earth/05fossil.html?pagewanted=all

Hey Cat, still waiting for you, Iggy or HOJ to show me where that 100 dollar a gallon fuel comes from. According to you Liberal online Aircraft technicians, IF there was a special fuel for aircraft like the F22 Raptor, we could just pour in reconstituted french fry oil and call it good.

If you have to lie to win a argument, you haven't won anything.

Maybe if your jack-ass president hadn't wasted billions of the tax payers money stupidly building a manufacturing base for a product that no one wanted in the first place " green energy ", and had invested it in Domestic oil research and production, fuel prices wouldn't be rising.

Maybe if your President wasn't having his FED appointee force the dollar into a hole, maybe oil, which is purchased with green backs on the world market, would be cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom