• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama stands by controversial air security screening methods

Which includes racial profiling. Weather you think it really is or not you can be damn sure that lots of people will look at it that way.

Well not if they profile based on nationality, or country they're flying from, rather than just targeting all arab looking people. Simply diligently screen all passengers flying in from countries known to house terrorists, or whom are citizens to the same countries, and no-one can cry racism, and security is still tightened.

Ok Obama. You lost me here. You're actually suggesting that I'm gonna be safer travelling as long as some security dude can touch my balls.

**** that.

You're telling me that there's not one TSA agent that's gonna get a ****ing stiffy from feeling up me, or my mom or anybody else for that matter, it's ****ing rediculous and indefensible.

Since when did it become Ok to say

"you've bought a plane ticket, now bend over, and we're gonna get to do with you what we want".

No son of a bitch is touching my junk.

All your howling during the campaign about how bad it was under Bush in terms of personal privacy and you're defending this rubbish.

This is how I feel everytime the liberals whine and cry about raising my taxes to give to some worthless people in America that wont get off their fatasses.

You voted for his sorry ass so deal with it. Or dont fly. Ironic how the liberals are now whining about govt abuse after supporting the abuse of American taxpayers for so long. Reap what you sow MF'ers

Which includes racial profiling. Weather you think it really is or not you can be damn sure that lots of people will look at it that way. Also the Israeli aiport security will generally wave through other Israelies but will stop pretty much everyone else and question them at length and will give them a physical screening. Something which many in this thread seemed to be opposed to...and yet I've already seen a few of them say that they wouldn't mind Israel's type of security here. (or words to that effect anyways) How ironic.

That's right, and the Israelis don't give a damn. But rest assured, THEIR airplanes are going to be safe. It's time to find out who has the body scanner company in their district.

Uh oh, looks like things might be headed south.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/coi...-sells-off-all-shares-of-tsa-scanner-company/

Last edited:
Also the Israeli aiport security will generally wave through other Israelies but will stop pretty much everyone else and question them at length and will give them a physical screening.
Not true. You must be at the airport at least three hours before your flight. Everyone who flies out of Ben Gurion International Airport must undergo an intensive oral interview. Your identity papers, passport, airline tickets, etc. will also be thoroughly examined by document experts. In addition, all personal luggage and flight cargo must pass through a decompression chamber which will simulate air pressure at different flight altitudes. No one gets a free pass. That's why it works.

As far as body pat-downs, let a robot do it. Bots don't get off on touching your precious junk.

To show his conviction, Obama, Mo'bama, and those two lovely little girls should also be subjected to the TSA guidelines every time they fly inlcuding the video screening and the occasional pat-down. Every elected official should also be subject...and it should be in public or video tapped and shown everytime they fly.

How in the hell does Israel do it?

They share a border with these cockroaches and sit right in the middle of that hell-hole, and yet, they manage to handle air travel without grabbing anyone's package or molesting anyone's kids.

To play devil's advocate, if the TSA were to end the pat-downs tomorrow what would stand in the way of a repeat of the Christmas Bomber?

Metal detectors... wait, they wouldn't find...

The new scanners... oh wait,, they woulnd't have found it either...

Bomb sniffing.... um, nevermind.

(turns around, drops drawers, hands TSA agent Vaseline) 'Be gentle with me'.

Not true. You must be at the airport at least three hours before your flight. Everyone who flies out of Ben Gurion International Airport must undergo an intensive oral interview. Your identity papers, passport, airline tickets, etc. will also be thoroughly examined by document experts. In addition, all personal luggage and flight cargo must pass through a decompression chamber which will simulate air pressure at different flight altitudes. No one gets a free pass. That's why it works.

As far as body pat-downs, let a robot do it. Bots don't get off on touching your precious junk.

Yes, clearly the solution is technology that wont exist for decades.

Well not if they profile based on nationality, or country they're flying from, rather than just targeting all arab looking people. Simply diligently screen all passengers flying in from countries known to house terrorists, or whom are citizens to the same countries, and no-one can cry racism, and security is still tightened.

Do you really think that all terrorists will come from the same few countries? The US has had it's share of home grown terrorists too ya know.

Not according to this article...

The multi-layer system begins outside Israel’s biggest port of entry — Ben Gurion airport. Cars approaching the terminal are stopped by guards and asked one or two questions, usually about where they are coming from or what is the purpose of their visit. A nervous response, or one revealing an Arab accent, could trigger further scrutiny even before entering the airport.

When walking into the terminal, visitors pass by another set of security agents searching for passengers behaving suspiciously. The next stop for human evaluation is before the check-in counter, where passengers are required to show their travel documents and answer a series of seemingly standard questions from trained security personnel. (Did you pack your bags by yourself? How long did you spend in Israel? What was the purpose of your visit?) Screeners are interested more in the tone and body language than in the content of passengers’ replies.

This is also the point where profiling takes place: While most Jewish Israeli citizens will be waved through after the brief conversation, others, mainly Israeli Arabs and non-Jewish visitors, will be taken aside for lengthy questioning and a thorough luggage and physical check.

Link

Bots are not near as intelligent enough to do it as humans are.

Ok Obama. You lost me here. You're actually suggesting that I'm gonna be safer travelling as long as some security dude can touch my balls.

**** that.

You're telling me that there's not one TSA agent that's gonna get a ****ing stiffy from feeling up me, or my mom or anybody else for that matter, it's ****ing rediculous and indefensible.

Since when did it become Ok to say

"you've bought a plane ticket, now bend over, and we're gonna get to do with you what we want".

No son of a bitch is touching my junk.

All your howling during the campaign about how bad it was under Bush in terms of personal privacy and you're defending this rubbish.

I think that the TSA only got one thing wrong. They should let the traveler selet the sex of the person they want to perform the "pat down".

Hell, if someone TSA person wants to play with "my junk" I'm going to have to insist that they stop when my plane is boarding ("a little to the left, please").
:lamo

Last edited:
To play devil's advocate, if the TSA were to end the pat-downs tomorrow what would stand in the way of a repeat of the Christmas Bomber?
A better question might be, how do the TSA pat downs address the threat in the first place? The guy got on the plane in Amsterdam.

When has TSA ever "stood in the way" of a would-be terrorist?

Last edited:
So when the bomb is stuck up the guys ass, they won't see it right?

A better question might be, how do the TSA pat downs address the threat in the first place? The guy got on the plane in Amsterdam.

When has TSA ever "stood in the way" of a would-be terrorist?
Now THAT is a first class question that I would very much like to see answered. I would also like to know how many of these terrorists and wannabes in the last 15 years or so are NOT Muslim.

Back
Top Bottom