• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama Spending Millions of Tax Dollars on Summer Jobs for Refugees

Kurmugeon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right

by Warner Todd Huston18 May 2016

A new report reveals that President Obama is throwing the weight of the federal government behind a program to secure summer jobs for hundreds of “refugees” brought into the U.S. by the President’s refugee program guided by the United Nations.

The President has unveiled a program he is calling the Summer Opportunity Project, insisting, “Access to a job in the summer and beyond can make all the difference to a young person–especially those who don’t have access to many resources and opportunities.”

Obama is providing $21 million in tax dollars for the program to help American youth find work for the summer, but along with finding jobs for Americans, $2 million of the funds are being earmarked for about 400 “refugees” currently situated in New York.

According to Syracuse.com, the money will be spent to aid the refugees to gain work experience by offering academic tutoring in English and math, as well as finding them part-time jobs.

Obama has done this before, of course. In 2012, the President’s jobs program helped illegals compete with Americans for scare job opportunities.

Further, by 2014 it was discovered that Obamacare offered U.S. firms a $3,000 incentive to hire illegals over Americans.

Last year, it was discovered that Obama was bringing refugees into every state in the country but refusing to tell state governors where he was placing them all.

What about all of the American Born people who need jobs?

What is really going on here?

-

Sorry folks - this strikes me as another manufactured attempt at Obama outrage where none exists.

What would you like to have happen to the couple of thousand refugees from the conflict in Syria that the US sponsored? You are aware of what sponsoring refugees entails, right? Seems to me it's better to have these people working, making a wage, even if it is a wage subsidized by the federal government. Would it be better to have them "punished" for being refugees and let them simmer at home developing unhealthy feelings towards their new country and perhaps becoming susceptible to terrorist elements.

And just as a matter of context, the US has agreed to sponsor 10,000 of these refugees - I'm not sure if they've all arrived so far. Here in Canada, we've already taken in 25,000 with a promise to take in another 25,000 by the end of the year, and the cost to the taxpayer here is in the hundreds of $millions. By that measure, Americans have precious little to gripe about on this account.

When did some Americans become so petty and mean spirited? Is it a reflection of the age of Trump? This is really not a good look for you guys.

Sorry folks - this strikes me as another manufactured attempt at Obama outrage where none exists.

If None Exists, then the Hillary Campaign and the Democrats have nothing to fear from American Citizen's who need jobs Bloc Voting Against them in backlash....

-

If None Exists, then the Hillary Campaign and the Democrats have nothing to fear from American Citizen's who need jobs Bloc Voting Against them in backlash....

-

I have zero idea what that's supposed to mean.

-

what.

yet the president sits back and complains about jobs for people.

What would you like to have happen to the couple of thousand refugees from the conflict in Syria that the US sponsored? You are aware of what sponsoring refugees entails, right? Seems to me it's better to have these people working, making a wage, even if it is a wage subsidized by the federal government. Would it be better to have them "punished" for being refugees and let them simmer at home developing unhealthy feelings towards their new country and perhaps becoming susceptible to terrorist elements.

yep and I am sure there are quite a few other American's that would like that same opportunity. there are probably already terrorist elements in there.
we don't know they weren't fully vetted.

And just as a matter of context, the US has agreed to sponsor 10,000 of these refugees - I'm not sure if they've all arrived so far. Here in Canada, we've already taken in 25,000 with a promise to take in another 25,000 by the end of the year, and the cost to the taxpayer here is in the hundreds of $millions. By that measure, Americans have precious little to gripe about on this account.

sorry that your government has decided to put the burden on taxpayers.

When did some Americans become so petty and mean spirited? Is it a reflection of the age of Trump? This is really not a good look for you guys.

nope I don't think so. it comes from the fact that our government who is supposed to defend out country continues to ignore the people living here.
this doesn't surprise me about Obama though. it shows that he is still the anti-colonialist that he has always been.

I have no issues with refugee's coming here in fact our church helps support one of the major refugee centers in GA.
however the ones that come need to be vetted and screened etc ... that is the issue that most people have.

everyone knows breitbart is all lies yet you still post it.

The Bloated Corpse of Andrew Breitbart's Asshole Website is pure garbage. Breitbart was a serial propagandist and I really hope the demons are enjoying sodomizing him in hell. He was a garbage human being and I'm glad he's dead.

I have no sympathy for professional liars.

yet the president sits back and complains about jobs for people.

yep and I am sure there are quite a few other American's that would like that same opportunity. there are probably already terrorist elements in there.
we don't know they weren't fully vetted.

sorry that your government has decided to put the burden on taxpayers.

nope I don't think so. it comes from the fact that our government who is supposed to defend out country continues to ignore the people living here.
this doesn't surprise me about Obama though. it shows that he is still the anti-colonialist that he has always been.

I have no issues with refugee's coming here in fact our church helps support one of the major refugee centers in GA.
however the ones that come need to be vetted and screened etc ... that is the issue that most people have.

Sorry, but this OP has nothing to do with screening of refugees and everything to do with a petty, mean spirited, judgmental reaction to benefitting people who might happen to be Muslims. Many, if not most, of these jobs that are being taken by refugees with government subsidies - summer jobs - would go begging otherwise because many people don't want them.

The program is to help provide summer job opportunities for young people and just happens to also provide opportunity for 400 refugees - what a scandal!!

Many jobs have gone begging in the US while the government expanded unemployment insurance to 2 years for years during the Obama administration but it's scandalous to allow 400 refugees a few weeks during the summer of government subsidized employment. Good for those 400 refugees wanting to work and support themselves in their new country, unlike many Americans, and Canadians for that matter, who've been so pampered by government assistance all their lives and feel entitled.

As the old religious/moral proverb goes, to paraphrase, great responsibility is laid on those who are blessed with much. Americans and Canadians are some of the most blessed people to ever live on this planet and spending $21 million to help fund summer jobs for some young people and 400 refugees is a reflection of that blessed status, not a scandal at all.

-

Just as a follow up, you are aware that many young Americans, not refugees, are also benefitting from this program, right? It's right there in your OP - $21 million for the entire program - $2 million to fund jobs for 400 refugees - $19 million for American youth. And yet you believe that equates to votes against Clinton and Democrats. Only a fool would base their voting intentions on the government spending $2 million to employ 400 refugees and not on the $trillions spent every year.

Back
Top Bottom