• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Obama Spending Lowest In 60 Years [W:166/819]

pbrauer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Check the chart below compiled by Marketwatch and you will see Obama isn't close to being a big spender.

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) — Of all the falsehoods told about President Barack Obama, the biggest whopper is the one about his reckless spending spree.

As would-be president Mitt Romney tells it: “I will lead us out of this debt and spending inferno.”

Almost everyone believes that Obama has presided over a massive increase in federal spending, an “inferno” of spending that threatens our jobs, our businesses and our children’s future. Even Democrats seem to think it’s true.

Government spending under Obama, including his signature stimulus bill, is rising at a 1.4% annualized pace — slower than at any time in nearly 60 years.
But it didn’t happen. Although there was a big stimulus bill under Obama, federal spending is rising at the slowest pace since Dwight Eisenhower brought the Korean War to an end in the 1950s.[...]​

Obama spending binge never happened - Rex Nutting - MarketWatch

MW-AR658_spendi_20120521163312_ME.jpg

MW-AR657_federa_20120521151828_ME.jpg

Re: Obama Spending Lowest In 60 Years

Check the chart below compiled by Marketwatch and you will see Obama isn't close to being a big spender.

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) — Of all the falsehoods told about President Barack Obama, the biggest whopper is the one about his reckless spending spree.

As would-be president Mitt Romney tells it: “I will lead us out of this debt and spending inferno.”

Almost everyone believes that Obama has presided over a massive increase in federal spending, an “inferno” of spending that threatens our jobs, our businesses and our children’s future. Even Democrats seem to think it’s true.

Government spending under Obama, including his signature stimulus bill, is rising at a 1.4% annualized pace — slower than at any time in nearly 60 years.
But it didn’t happen. Although there was a big stimulus bill under Obama, federal spending is rising at the slowest pace since Dwight Eisenhower brought the Korean War to an end in the 1950s.[...]​

Shhhh dont let facts get in the way of a good mudslinging by the GOP..

Conservatives will avoid this thread like the plague. :lol:

Stop posting all these facts, you're destroying the far-right's main talking point.

Damn! Where are all the conservatives?!

tumbleweed.jpg

IS PRICELESSS.... your chart tell the opposite of the BS story by this failed lib

You cant make this stuff up...

How disingenuous and intellectually dishonest this premise is. Obama added 5 trillion to the national debt with 3 straight years of trillion dollar deficeits. To back off and use growth of spending is dishonest especially when you use as your baseline, the emergency spending following the mortgage/debt crisis as your base to grow from. That was never the intent. How do you intellectually say we add 5 trillion to the deficeit but it isn't spending. You can tell me all day that the sun isn't shining, but that doesn't make it so. If we kept personal budgets like the gov. we'd be broke. Hey honey we saved money last year because we only spend 5% more than 10%. We still spent more. Honey, I saved us 1 million dollars by not buying a new ... house. Never planned on it, but I still saved. You are a liberal hack, just making up intellectually dishonest arguments to make the choosen on not appear as inept as he really is!!!!!!!!!!! more

ITS PRICELESSS.... your chart tell the opposite of the BS story by this failed lib .... OMG... help me IM gonna faint..liberla stupidity hits a new low

You cant make this stuff up...( great comment below..read the comments)

How disingenuous and intellectually dishonest this premise is. Obama added 5 trillion to the national debt with 3 straight years of trillion dollar deficeits. To back off and use growth of spending is dishonest especially when you use as your baseline, the emergency spending following the mortgage/debt crisis as your base to grow from. That was never the intent. How do you intellectually say we add 5 trillion to the deficeit but it isn't spending. You can tell me all day that the sun isn't shining, but that doesn't make it so. If we kept personal budgets like the gov. we'd be broke. Hey honey we saved money last year because we only spend 5% more than 10%. We still spent more. Honey, I saved us 1 million dollars by not buying a new ... house. Never planned on it, but I still saved. You are a liberal hack, just making up intellectually dishonest arguments to make the choosen on not appear as inept as he really is!!!!!!!!!!! more

This is why this radical marxist wont pass a budget..

Last edited:

Conservatives will avoid this thread like the plague. :lol:

The day I back down from Liberal hacks ( who wont even admit to being one) will be a cold in hell..

I don't care if federal spending is rising by 10% or .0001% each year, I don't want it rising period.

When Bush took office in 2001, the debt was $5.73. When Obama took office eight years later, it was $10.63 trillion. Less than four years later, it is now $15.74 trillion. That's roughly twice as bad as Bush, who was already a piece of **** in the first place.

Which I find funny, because didn't we have a president once upon a time who said...oh, right! :lol:

Obama pledges to cut deficit in half at fiscal summit - CNN

Stop posting all these facts, you're destroying the far-right's main talking point.

hahahaha... yea facts.... no wonder you voted for Obama.. too bad Alinsky wasnt running huh?

Last edited:

I don't care if federal spending is rising by 10% or .0001% each year, I don't want it rising period.

When Bush took office in 2001, the debt was $5.73. When Obama took office eight years later, it was $10.63 trillion. Less than four years later, it is now $15.74 trillion. That's roughly twice as bad as Bush, who was already a piece of **** in the first place.

Which I find funny, because didn't we have a president once upon a time who said...oh, right! :lol:

Obama pledges to cut deficit in half at fiscal summit - CNN

Pretty funny, right? Except the deficit for 2013 -- the last budget of Obama's first term -- is projected to be $704 billion. Now, while that's not half of $1.3 trillion, it is pretty damned close (46% lower).

http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/ftpdocs/120xx/doc12039/budgettables.pdf

Last edited:

The day I back down from Liberal hacks ( who wont even admit to being one) will be a cold in hell..

It's true you don't back down, but you are SMACKED down so often it's a wonder you're still here. :lol:

Pretty funny, right? Except the deficit for 2013 -- the last budget of Obama's first term -- is projected to be $704 billion. Now, while that's not half of $1.3 trillion, it is pretty damned close (46% lower).

what in Gods green earth are you blathering about..

you have no idea.. you are so moot its painful..

So he slowed the rate of spending growth. That's nice, but we're heading into a wall at 100 mph, and you want to pat him on the back for not accelerating?

So he slowed the rate of spending growth. That's nice, but we're heading into a wall at 100 mph, and you want to pat him on the back for not accelerating?

hes accelerating.. its what Soros is paying him to do..

hahahaha... yea facts.... no wonder you voted for Obama.. too bad Alinsky wasnt running huh?

It's hilarious how when people have no argument they bring up the spectre of some one they don't like. "Oh noz, I can't argue against the OP, so aI will bring up ALinksy. Sure, the only people who really have heard of him are conservatives, but he wrote a book for raqidcals OMGZORZ he must be terrible".

It's hilarious how when people have no argument they bring up the spectre of some one they don't like. "Oh noz, I can't argue against the OP, so aI will bring up ALinksy. Sure, the only people who really have heard of him are conservatives, but he wrote a book for raqidcals OMGZORZ he must be terrible".

( great comment and so true)
The Two years prior to Obama's reign....the Senate and House were controlled by the Dems.
The first two years of Obama's reign...the Senate and the House were controlled by the Dems.

The House controls spending.

what in Gods green earth are you blathering about..

you have no idea.. you are so moot its painful..

This seems to be your only "debate" tactic: when confronted with facts that contradict your canned world view, simply close your eyes and stick your fingers in your ears.

Yea he is terriible and Obama tought his philosophy of rules for radicals.. do not mimimize this..what we are in is social re-enginering.. Obama proudly speaks of it daily..

This seems to be your only "debate" tactic: when confronted with facts that contradict your canned world view, simply close your eyes and stick your fingers in your ears.

seems you cant read very well.. I have already shot down this whole thread..its been debunked.. like all liberal falacies..

again explain your post .. you cant it made no sense..

This is legitimate? Really? The data for 2012 & 2013 estimated are based on the CBO baseline which is based on what is presumed to occur based on current legislation.

CBO’s baseline projections are heavily influenced by changes in tax and spending policies that are embodied in current law—changes that in some cases represent a significant departure from recent policies.
CBO | The Budget and Economic Outlook: Fiscal Years 2012 to 2022

Do you think the Bush tax cuts are going to expire at the end of 2012? How about the payroll tax cuts at the end of 2012? The current ‘doc fix’ expires the end of 2012, not extended? And if these do not sunset (which is the alternative baseline) as the CBO baseline assumes:

Under that alternative fiscal scenario, far larger deficits and much greater debt would result than are shown in CBO’s baseline.CBO | The Budget and Economic Outlook: Fiscal Years 2012 to 2022

Nice try.

http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/ftpdocs/120xx/doc12039/budgettables.pdf
http://research.stlouisfed.org/publications/review/12/01/21-40Kliesen.pdf
Forgive me if I'm a little skeptical of CBO deficit projections. I'd be willing to bet you fifty bucks to be donated to DP that the deficit in 2013 will be no smaller than 80% of $1.3 trillion. I'd be surprised if it didn't grow, let alone shrink.

Back
Top Bottom