• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama, shooters and motives.

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The fact that this took place in a black church obviously also raises questions about a dark part of our history. This is not the first time that black churches have been attacked. And we know that hatred across races and faiths pose a particular threat to our democracy and our ideals.
Charleston Church Shooting: President Obama Speaks on South Carolina
The day after.

“I think it’s very hard to untangle the motives of this shooter,” Mr. Obama said of the gunman, Micah X. Johnson. “By definition if you shoot people who pose no threat to you, you have a troubled mind.”
Obama: ?I think it?s very hard to untangle the motives of this shooter? in Dallas « Hot Air

During a three-hour hostage standoff with police after the shooting spree Sunday, Mateen referenced the Islamic State, and the militant group — also known as ISIS or ISIL — claimed Monday that Mateen was a “soldier” for its self-proclaimed caliphage. However, officials say that so far, no signs have emerged that he was guided by groups outside the country.“We see no clear evidence that he was directed externally,” Obama said during remarks in the Oval Office. “It does appear that at the last minute, he announced allegiance to ISIL. But there is no evidence so far that he was in fact directed by ISIL, and at this stage there’s no direct evidence that he was part of a larger plot.”
Obama said the shooting appeared so far to be a case of “homegrown extremism.”
The comments by Obama and other law enforcement officials Monday offered the sharpest look yet at what authorities believe may have motivated the gunman who attacked Pulse, a popular gay club in Orlando.
“We’re working hard to understand the killer, and his motives, and his sources of inspiration,” FBI Director James B. Comey said Monday. “We’re highly confident that this killer was radicalized, and at least in some part through the Internet.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ring-hostage-standoff/?utm_term=.4e9555ba8178

Interesting difference in approach. Just pointing it out. Dylan roof.. yeah, that dude was a racist SOB. These others shooters, so hard to figure out....

Make you go HMMMmmmm.

He did call it an act of racial hatred today.

Obama is a politician through and through. He seeks to unite when there is political motive to do so and will be divisive when exploiting a divide will get him closer to his goal. There's not a lot of humanity or humility in the guy.

Obama has no interest in promoting any other message than blaming white people and guns for the problems in America.

Obama has no interest in promoting any other message than blaming white people and guns for the problems in America.

I guess you did not listen to the speech today.

I guess you did not listen to the speech today.

He used it to bring up shootings of people that had nothing to do with the police being shot. Excusing the mindset that led to this just like Lynch did.

He used it to bring up shootings of people that had nothing to do with the police being shot. Excusing the mindset that led to this just like Lynch did.
He brought them up to explain why someone would crack and commit an act of horror has the shooter did and while at it condemned the shooter and those that encourage others to commit such acts. It is obvious that for some here no matter what President Obama says or does it will never be good enough in their book and they think He is the problem ................. yeah right.:roll:

He brought them up to explain why someone would crack and commit an act of horror has the shooter did and while at it condemned the shooter and those that encourage others to commit such acts. It is obvious that for some here no matter what President Obama says or does it will never be good enough in their book and they think He is the problem ................. yeah right.:roll:

Odd that he hasn't given explanations for other shootings or problems. No explanation for Dylann Roof. No explanation for school shootings. No explanation for Michael Brown being shot. Instant judgment of the officer and Brown as a peaceful kid were what was discussed. He is so quick to blame certain groups and defend others.

Odd that he hasn't given explanations for other shootings or problems. No explanation for Dylann Roof. No explanation for school shootings. No explanation for Michael Brown being shot. Instant judgment of the officer and Brown as a peaceful kid were what was discussed. He is so quick to blame certain groups and defend others.
Correct, lots of people still get the Brown shooting wrong but that does not mean he agrees with the how things have gone or promotes it.

Correct, lots of people still get the Brown shooting wrong but that does not mean he agrees with the how things have gone or promotes it.

As the President of the United States, perhaps he should wait for the investigation to be completed before standing for people like Michael Brown. All it does is push false narratives even further than they already were being spread. He needs to realize that he has a responsibility for what he says.

You didn't listen to the speech so how the hell would you know

You didn't listen to the speech so how the hell would you know

Yes I did actually. Its hilarious that you feel the need to tell me I didn't do something that I did.

This asshole can't be out of office soon enough. When the Charleston shooting occurred, they were forces to lower their symbolic flag of racism? Which symbolic flag of black racism should be lowered today? I would say anything with a democratic party symbol on it.

I heard him talk about himself 57 times, one in third person...

And I am sure you were sitting there counting and yet you see nothing wrong with that.

And I am sure you were sitting there counting and yet you see nothing wrong with that.

Actually, I didn't. Someone else did. I found it sad he has to I I I speeches, especially speeches of this magnitude.

Actually, I didn't. Someone else did. I found it sad he has to I I I speeches, especially speeches of this magnitude.

And you frequent some site or have friends that find the need to count ridiculous things such as that. What the heck does I I I mean? I thought he gave a fairly decent speech, like the Rawlings and Brown's speeches better.

And you frequent some site or have friends that find the need to count ridiculous things such as that. What the heck does I I I mean? I thought he gave a fairly decent speech, like the Rawlings and Brown's speeches better.

Or you could do a half second search on the internet, realize such is a known thing and Obama has caught a **** ton of flack for it from the left and right. That might be too much work for you though.

Or you could do a half second search on the internet, realize such is a known thing and Obama has caught a **** ton of flack for it from the left and right. That might be too much work for you though.

A ton of flack for what exactly, there are so may whines about him on the internet you need to narrow it down more. You still did not explain "I I I"

Now I get it, I, I, I, good grief girl lean to use commas, I thought III meant something I had not heard of.

Oh, ****.

I do so apologize. /thank you I will remember that moving forward!

Back
Top Bottom