• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama Sends U.S. Troops to Central Africa to Aid Campaign Against Rebel Group

Surely it's better to have but one group raping and murdering that is indebted to you than to have two groups doing the same with no means of control at all on the actions?

I say let evolution take its course..

Tim-

Good. The Lord's Resistance Army is one of the most disgusting terrorist organizations in the world. We should have helped these countries crush this despicable group a long time ago.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why the President has committed small Special Ops forces to Uganda. Read more on this story here.

Something else caught my attention while watching Congresswoman Bachmann give an interview on "Face the Nation" yesterday (10/23/11). She that the President of Uganda asked the President Obama for help and repeated herself before a TeaPAC conference:

Uganda asked us to come in and be in four African nations and deal with a problem that’s been going on for 20 years.

If true, what makes what President Obama did any different from what President George H. Bush did when King Hussein of Kuwait asked for Bush's help to kick Saddam out of Kuwait? What was our national security interest in Kuwait at the time? Was Kuwait a trading partner? Where we importing oil or other commodities from this small country? What makes one case so drastically different from the other?

Last edited:
And Libya was going to be over with in a matter of days.

But it is over, isn't it? Ghadaffi is dead and all the U.S. military did was provide air cover, air strike coordination and intelligence. And it didn't cost us a single U.S. casualty. Moreover, NATO led the way. So, where's the problem? Oh, yeah...I get it....

It only took 8 months to kill him, but it would've taken about a month if the U.S. military led the fight. I see...:roll: But it was Libya's civil war. I get it...:coffeepap

Back
Top Bottom