• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama Sends Iran a Nowruz Message, Calls Nuclear Talks a 'Historic Opportunity[W:274]

Re: Obama Sends Iran a Nowruz Message, Calls Nuclear Talks a 'Historic Opportunity'

The French are still at the table, so they can use their position to influence the negotiations as they may. In the end though, all six countries have reiterated that any deal agreed to will deny a nuclear weaponized Iran. So other than your daily barrage of Democratic Party criticism, what's your concern?

Naturally they are at the table.....they are part of Security Council and it's not like they wouldn't be. If such was the case the French wouldn't have sent BO peep a counter proposal and don't believe in the reducing the time down to 10 years.

Don't let that Democrats concern fool you on how there exists many in belief of this deal being a major concern.

Of course, some think the Iranians are good guys and can be trusted. Which Iran is glad to have those such as BO peep and yourself running around trying to get others to believe this misconception.

French leaders think the U.S. president is dangerously naïve on Iran's ambitions, and that his notion of making Iran an "objective ally" in the war against ISIS, or even a partner, together with Putin's Russia, to find a political solution to the Syrian crisis, is both far-fetched and "amateurish."

When Claude Angéli says that both France's Foreign Minister, Laurent Fabius, and its President, François Hollande, have told friends that they rely on "the support of the US Congress" to prevent Obama from giving in to Iran's nuclear ambitions, it is the kind of quote you can take to the bank. French diplomats worry that if Iran gets nuclear weapons, every other local Middle East power will want them. Among their worst nightmares is a situation in which Turkey, Egypt and Saudi Arabia join the Dr. Strangelove club.

The French are still smarting from the last-minute reprieve Obama granted Syria, as the French air force was about to bomb the Assad regime's military positions back in 2013, because the U.S. President had been convinced by Russia that they had succeeded in making Syrian President Bashar al-Assad give up on the use of his chemical weapons. "Our Rafale fighters were about to scramble," a French air force officer is quoted as saying; "Hollande was furious."....snip~

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/5391/france-iran-talks#.VQo9Ib16wC8.twitter

Re: Obama Sends Iran a Nowruz Message, Calls Nuclear Talks a 'Historic Opportunity'

Your rant belongs in the conspiracy theory. Provide actual evidence to back it up if you want any kind of substantive reply from any sane person.

conspiracy theory would be that Iran needs nukes for electricity..

why do they need nukes?...

Last edited:

Because paper promises never contain evil men. History tells us this, but the ignorant dont listen.

So you're in that minority with freaks like Netanyahu and McCain that wouldn't have attempted any agreement or treaty with Iran whatsoever because in your view Iranians are "evil" and as such can't be trusted, therefore, bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran.

Your rant belongs in the conspiracy theory. Provide actual evidence to back it up if you want any kind of substantive reply from any sane person.

make sure you read with accuracy and words like "intent"

again.. I believe its your posts that are "conspiracy.."...

I get sad over how little people really know on such important things

Iran's Intent is the Real Issue, Says Former IAEA Inspector

but here is fun snippet from the above

JAY: So, just to sum up, we go back to this question of intent, 'cause you're saying whether it's this many centrifuges or that many centrifuges is not the really substance of the issue. The real issue: is there any evidence of intent to have a nuclear weapons program or actually evidence that there is a nuclear weapons program? And looking--and you've been an inspector, and you're essentially a scientist, not a political analyst. So from the point of view of science, do we have evidence that there is an actual program to make a nuclear weapon?

KELLEY: Okay. You have the Central Intelligence Agency in the U.S. saying there was such a program until 2003, and I see many, many indications of the old day that that very well was likely, that that was the truth. But Iran for some reason does not feel that they are able to go back and admit that. So I fault Iran for not coming clean on what they did before 2003. But since 2003, I don't think there's any evidence that has been put on the table that is credible. And now, with this admission that the U.S. was forging documents themselves in the 1998 timeframe, I think all bets are off.

Last edited:

Naturally they are at the table.....they are part of Security Council and it's not like they wouldn't be. If such was the case the French wouldn't have sent BO peep a counter proposal and don't believe in the reducing the time down to 10 years.

Don't let that Democrats concern fool you on how there exists many in belief of this deal being a major concern.

Of course, some think the Iranians are good guys and can be trusted. Which Iran is glad to have those such as BO peep and yourself running around trying to get others to believe this misconception.

French leaders think the U.S. president is dangerously naïve on Iran's ambitions, and that his notion of making Iran an "objective ally" in the war against ISIS, or even a partner, together with Putin's Russia, to find a political solution to the Syrian crisis, is both far-fetched and "amateurish."

When Claude Angéli says that both France's Foreign Minister, Laurent Fabius, and its President, François Hollande, have told friends that they rely on "the support of the US Congress" to prevent Obama from giving in to Iran's nuclear ambitions, it is the kind of quote you can take to the bank. French diplomats worry that if Iran gets nuclear weapons, every other local Middle East power will want them. Among their worst nightmares is a situation in which Turkey, Egypt and Saudi Arabia join the Dr. Strangelove club.

The French are still smarting from the last-minute reprieve Obama granted Syria, as the French air force was about to bomb the Assad regime's military positions back in 2013, because the U.S. President had been convinced by Russia that they had succeeded in making Syrian President Bashar al-Assad give up on the use of his chemical weapons. "Our Rafale fighters were about to scramble," a French air force officer is quoted as saying; "Hollande was furious."....snip~

What France Really Thinks of U.S. Iran Policy

I have no problem with Iran. I believe that the intelligence agencies of both the US and Israel have stated that Iran is not building nuclear weapons. I also know that there's been some disagreement from France, but they're at the table, so again, they can influence things as they may. In the end, if Russia, China, Germany, France, the UK and US all sign on to this deal, I have even less concerns. You on the other hand have no concerns, you're not scared of Iran, you hate the Democratic Party and the president. And for you this is all just partisan politics.

conspiracy theory would be that Iran needs nukes for electricity..

why do hey need nukes?...

Greetings, Travis007. :2wave:

It's not a conspiracy theory - it's the reason Iran has been giving all along for wanting nuclear capability. The problem is that few people believe them, since they opted to put them far underground. We have many nuclear electrical plants in the US...there's one 60 miles from me, but they are all above ground, out in the open. Why hide them? - no one would object to them.

I'm perfectly happy with the tact that Obama is taking with Iran.

The majority of the world is able to work perfectly decently with Iran. As a German, for example, you can fly into Iran and live and work at the Iranian branch of Siemens or Krupp without any Iranian or German ever thinking twice. It's a completely unremarkable situation, because believe it or not, Iran is a completely middle-of-the-road, 80 million pop country that falls into line with the expectations/problems we have with every other non-Western developing country.

America (and Israel) is the only odd one out here. No other countries have such bizarre trust issues with Iran, nor does Iran have such difficulty rest of the world, probably because the rest of the world doesn't have such a large number of Cowboy-diplomat, conservative jingoists who seem to want to level Iran every chance they get.

False - Canada removed all diplomatic ties with Iran several years ago after a Canadian photojournalist was arrested in Iran, accused of being a spy, tortured to the point of being on life support and died in an Iranian prison.

She's not the only Canadian wrongly imprisoned there.

Forgotten, Canadians remain in Iran's prisons - Al Jazeera English

You can be as naive as you want about Iran but don't for a minute think that everyone else is as naive.

Last edited:

I hate to tell ya.. but Iran already can make the bomb, and Obama has been an enabler of this by giving the last few years to complete the infrastructure...

why do you think that Saddam who would not allow UN inspections on WMDS ( that are now in Syria) that Iran will allow inspections?..

Obama promised the Mullahs Bibis scalp for a fake weak deal for Obamas fake legacy... thats why Obama is lashing out at Bibi ( for being alive ) and the people of Israel know tht Iran has the bomb today.. they dint need years they already have all the componets and Russian tech.

Its scary alright,, and the ignorance on all this is even more scary

False. Not only did Saddam Hussein allow the inspectors access, in 2002-3 he was giving them unfettered access. Of course you don't give a **** what the man with boots on the ground, responsible for the inspections has said. You must defend the GOPer president above all else, even at the detriment of your country, so long as the party lives, that's paramount.

It's not a conspiracy theory - it's the reason Iran has been giving all along for wanting nuclear capability. The problem is that few people believe them, since they opted to put them far underground. We have many nuclear electrical plants in the US...there's one 60 miles from me, but they are all above ground, out in the open. Why hide them? - no one would object to them.

Hi Polgara :2wave:

Its really sad.. I remember when Israel brought this to the UN way back in 2003 and Israel was chastised and not even allowed to address this hidden nuke program... 12 years later and they have what they did illegaly.. and again Israel is vulnerable..

any rational person already is well read on all this an understands Obama is about to allow this..

beyond scary

Last edited:

False. Not only did Saddam Hussein allow the inspectors access, in 2002-3 he was giving them unfettered access. Of course you don't give a **** what the man with boots on the ground, responsible for the inspections has said. You must defend the GOPer president above all else, even at the detriment of your country, so long as the party lives, that's paramount.

your posts are truly just lies and nonsense...he never allowed full access..this is well known

and whats your point? LOL LOL.. that Iran will give a "year of accces" to some UN Blue Helmets and some international vile lightweights?

Last edited:

Howdy Polgara. Well, think about it this way. Israel cannot be persuaded that Iran, Iraq or Syria would have a nuclear energy program for the express purpose of generating electrical power. Are you aware of the times that Israel has flown preemptive bombing strikes on nuclear facilities in the past, because somebody might be building nuclear weapons? Iran knows that no matter what, there's a distinct possibility that Israel will attack them, and bomb any on top of the ground facility, regardless. It makes perfect sense to me that they would put these facilities underground, as they may do Tehran too, if they could.

I have no problem with Iran. I believe that the intelligence agencies of both the US and Israel have stated that Iran is not building nuclear weapons. I also know that there's been some disagreement from France, but they're at the table, so again, they can influence things as they may. In the end, if Russia, China, Germany, France, the UK and US all sign on to this deal, I have even less concerns. You on the other hand have no concerns, you're not scared of Iran, you hate the Democratic Party and the president. And for you this is all just partisan politics.

That's why I pointed out about your misperception as to what Iran is about. Moreover their working with ballistics all thru this time. Shows them for what they are about.

They wouldn't be trying to produce a ballistic missile with the range to hit the US for nothing. Which says nothing of their agenda to control the ME and the Sunni.

Like I said before.....all aren't naïve to take the Iranians for their word. Especially when they keep talking out both sides of their mouths.

Lol. Prolly heard that from Mark Levin.

Ex-monitor says UN tricked Saddam to prompt bombing

Ex-monitor says UN tricked Saddam to prompt bombing | World news | The Guardian

BERKELEY – Speaking on the anniversary of the United States' invasion of Iraq, originally declared as a pre-emptive strike against a madman ready to deploy weapons of mass destruction (WMDs), the man first charged with finding those weapons said that the U.S. government has "the same mind frame as the witch hunters of the past" — looking for evidence to support a foregone conclusion.

"There were about 700 inspections, and in no case did we find weapons of mass destruction," said Hans Blix, the Swedish diplomat called out of retirement to serve as the United Nations'..........

http://www.berkeley.edu/news/media/releases/2004/03/18_blix.shtml

That's why I pointed out about your misperception as to what Iran is about. Moreover their working with ballistics all thru this time. Shows them for what they are about.

They wouldn't be trying to produce a ballistic missile with the range to hit the US for nothing. Which says nothing of their agenda to control the ME and the Sunni.

Like I said before.....all aren't naïve to take the Iranians for their word. Especially when they keep talking out both sides of their mouths.

M.. right on the bullseye... I was going to bring that up under "intent"..

BERKELEY – Speaking on the anniversary of the United States' invasion of Iraq, originally declared as a pre-emptive strike against a madman ready to deploy weapons of mass destruction (WMDs), the man first charged with finding those weapons said that the U.S. government has "the same mind frame as the witch hunters of the past" — looking for evidence to support a foregone conclusion.

"There were about 700 inspections, and in no case did we find weapons of mass destruction," said Hans Blix, the Swedish diplomat called out of retirement to serve as the United Nations'..........

U.N. weapons inspector Hans Blix faults Bush Administration for lack of "critical thinking" in Iraq

Hans Blix..

hahhahahahhahaa.....

thanks for proving my point.. the UN is complicit..

I appreciate you proving that the Iran can not ever be monitored by the UN ... period.... this aint mustard gas..

by the way .. Putin dont care wha the UN says....you notice that.. its called the Ukraine

Last edited:

They have far more legitimacy in wishing to control the Middle East than the US has. And surrounded as they are by American bases, and given America's penchant for demonization and lies about ME countries, they have every reason to be concerned about the US and Israel.

They have far more legitimacy in wishing to control the Middle East than the US has. And surrounded as they are by American bases, and given America's penchant for demonization and lies about ME countries, they have every reason to be concerned about the US and Israel.

I know we feel such love from the ME... you see them kick to death and light on fire a women on the street in Afganistan yesterday and throw her into a river?.. I guess the USA did that..

I have deleted the link as its beyond disturbing.. I ask people to look it up and watch so the see what we face

Last edited:

I'm perfectly happy with the tact that Obama is taking with Iran.

The majority of the world is able to work perfectly decently with Iran. As a German, for example, you can fly into Iran and live and work at the Iranian branch of Siemens or Krupp without any Iranian or German ever thinking twice. It's a completely unremarkable situation, because believe it or not, Iran is a completely middle-of-the-road, 80 million pop country that falls into line with the expectations/problems we have with every other non-Western developing country.

America (and Israel) is the only odd one out here. No other countries have such bizarre trust issues with Iran, nor does Iran have such difficulty rest of the world, probably because the rest of the world doesn't have such a large number of Cowboy-diplomat, conservative jingoists who seem to want to level Iran every chance they get.

That is a lot of hooey.

No they don't.....as they don't stand for whats Right. Nor Freedom of Liberty. First Subjugation of the Sunni.....then others. Its nothing new for them.....not since they allowed Arabs to rule them.

The photo reconnaissance I've seen shows that even their nuclear facilities that are above ground are surrounded by barriers with guard stations, with anti-aircraft missile batteries and radars nearby. Not that any of that would make the slightest difference IF the U.S. were ever determined to bomb those nuclear weapons facilities.

I also remember reading an IAEA report that went into extreme technical detail, at great length, about a number of technical characteristics of the equipment at Iran's facilities that would not be usual in nuclear power generation, but are completely consistent with a nuclear weapons program.

Last edited:

I know we feel such love from the ME... you see them kick to death and light on fire as a women on the street in Afganistan yesterday and throw her into a river?.. I guess the USA did that..

I have deleted the link as its beyond disturbing.. I ask people to look it up and watch so the see what we face

Filthy savages. I hope every last one of them dies a violent death--and the sooner the better.

Filthy savages. I hope every last one of them dies a violent death--and the sooner the better.

agreed....the sooner the better..

Your posts are garbage and lies.. and not even relevent..

again the UN cant and wont do a thing..they never have..they are vile institution of anti semitism

You must have lost your sense of smell if you live around the BS you sling on the Internet.

Back
Top Bottom