• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama sends 1200 National Guard to Mexican border

SgtRock

Cancel Cancel Culture and Woke Supremacy
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
May 25, 2010

President Obama is sending 1200 troops to Mexican border. Its a good start, says Senator John McCain. Mccain and others have been asking the president for an increased federal presence since the shooting death of an Arizona rancher. McCain asked for 6000 National Guard. President Obama also is asking congress for $500 million which McCain says will be used to complete the fence and bolster security alond the 2000 mile border with Mexico.

Like McCain said on Fox News with Greta Van Susteren "its a good start". I personally have my doubts as to whether this is just a ploy to get certain members of congress to get on board the amnesty band wagon. We will see.

Last edited:
Unless the national guard have the authority to detain,arrest and prevent illegal crossing it is nothing more than the same thing Bush did. Which is toss a bunch of money at the situation to do nothing. Personally I think McCain pretending to that he wants the borders secured because of upcoming elections, so now he expects voters to forget the fact that he tossed illegals salad deeper than Obama did.

Unless the national guard have the authority to detain,arrest and prevent illegal crossing it is nothing more than the same thing Bush did. Which is toss a bunch of money at the situation to do nothing. Personally I think McCain pretending to that he wants the borders secured because of upcoming elections, so now he expects voters to forget the fact that he tossed illegals salad deeper than Obama did.

I agree, in fact when President Bush did this our Guard Troops didn't even have ammo. Remember when some of our troops where surrounded by that Mexican drug gang protecting thier drug mules. Things almost got ugly.

They need to be armed with orders to arrest and detain.

1200 NG boots on desks is nothing more than worthless symbolism. Not enough to really offend the radical marxist left or to impress the rest of the country. If 20,000 BP aren't enough to barely dent the illegal mexican invasion what can 1200 NG do? Nothing of course. We need 10,000 armed NG patrolling in Arizona alone to start with. Create some deterrence.

This is a VERY bad move, and I don't doubt that Obama knows it. It is nothing more than a slap in the face to Arizona, saying that "we're bigger than you and we can crash your own party and kick you out". Obama's selected men will essentially take someone away from a state position that is seriously trying to fix the problem, and replace them with someone that will intentionally sabotage what Arizona is trying to do.

This is the equivalent of the FBI showing up at a major crime scene. They're not there to work with local PD. They're there to take over and be inept while doing so. I hope Arizona fights them tooth and nail.

Back
Top Bottom