• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama sending 1,200 troops to Mexico border

Crunch

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The immigration issue has been a subject of intense focus in Washington, with Obama calling for comprehensive reform, and speaking out against a tough new law in the border state of Arizona.

Obama sending 1,200 troops to Mexico border | Reuters

So much for Felipe.... or maybe Barry just got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Wholesale Flip Flops - Wholesale Sandals - Discount Flip Flops - DollarDays

OK…. It’s a start, but we need about 10 times this many troops on that border.

Waste of time.

Build the gawdamn wall already.

Maybe we can hire cheap Mexican labor. :mrgreen:

Edit: Hmmm..... that may not be that bad an idea..... catch an Illegal Alien on US soil, put them to work building a wall..... for room and board.

Last edited:
He might want to use more than one square!

How much would that cost and how long would it take?

A lot of mone and a long time, but if built properly it would be well worth it. There are other ways to slow down illegal immigration but I think this would be the most effective.

Obama sending 1,200 troops to Mexico border...

... as a welcoming committee.

They will be armed with flowers, and be distributing water, energy bars, Mehikana flags and pamphlets to let illegals know where to get social services... just in case they lost the one provided by da Mehikan Gobernments.

On the front of the pamphlet is a photo of Arpaio, with a caption underneath that says America's Public Enemy #1.

The official greeting is signed by Obama.

Last edited:
A lot of mone and a long time, but if built properly it would be well worth it. There are other ways to slow down illegal immigration but I think this would be the most effective.

I don't think it would be. Walls aren't hard to get past if there's nobody around watching it. Going to permanently station tens of thousands of troops on it also?

I don't think it would be. Walls aren't hard to get past if there's nobody around watching it. Going to permanently station tens of thousands of troops on it also?

That's why we would have to build the walls so they are effective.

Like with guard towers and everything!!!!

I sometimes wonder if these libs even think about what they are saying? I mean, build a wall and just walk away? Like what?.... a 2 foot tall wall? Maybe something made out of plastic that we pick up at Wall mart?

How about a double wall made out of military grade chain link with razor wire on top, with guard towers every 1/2 mile, ground radar, infrared sensors, and mines between the 2 fences.

OK….. Maybe not the mines., but definitely armed towers.

Think Great Wall of China design. I don't know if anyone has ever climbed over or dug under it.

(could we continue the wall up the AZ/CA border? Seems that State doesn't like us very much.:mrgreen:

I sometimes wonder if these libs even think about what they are saying? I mean, build a wall and just walk away? Like what?.... a 2 foot tall wall? Maybe something made out of plastic that we pick up at Wall mart?

How about a double wall made out of military grade chain link with razor wire on top, with guard towers every 1/2 mile, ground radar, infrared sensors, and mines between the 2 fences.

No, no, no... with mines.
It's not like we're trying to keep anyone in the country, we're trying to stop an invasion of illegals we know zero about.

They're a cheap deterrent, and when one guy goes back home with a leg and arm missing, and it's blown across the lands TV stations, we couldn't have more effective advertising that we mean business.

Last edited:
I am all for embracing the mexican government model for enforcing our southern borders.

Seriously...a two mile strip with land mines and armed Predator flyovers would solve this completely. Sniper teams every thousand yards. No need for body recovery.

Mines are a cheap, effective deterrent, and when one guy goes back home with a leg and arm missing, and it's blown across the TV stations of Mehiko and South America, we couldn't have more effective advertising that we mean business.

"The troops will provide intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance support, intelligence analysis, immediate support to counternarcotics enforcement and training capacity until Customs and Border Patrol can recruit and train more officers and agents to serve along the frontier.

The funds will be used to enhance technology at the border and share information and support between law enforcement agencies as they target illegal trafficking in people, drugs, weapons and money."

Nowhere does it mention 'fight illegal immigration'. So...Im guessing this is just a grandstanding move...look at me...Im doing something.

seriously...that they let that asshole Calderon come into our country and lecture us about the Arizona law while his country shoots, jails, and rapes people that come across their souther border or are found in mexico illegally...and then those assclowns in DC stood and applauded him...that was...not awesome...

Maybe we can hire cheap Mexican labor. :mrgreen:

Edit: Hmmm..... that may not be that bad an idea..... catch an Illegal Alien on US soil, put them to work building a wall..... for room and board.

I have been saying this for a couple of years now.

It's not like we're trying to keep anyone in the country, we're trying to stop an invasion of illegals we know zero about.

They're a cheap deterrent, and when one guy goes back home with a leg and arm missing, and it's blown across the lands TV stations, we couldn't have more effective advertising that we mean business.

I feel the same way, but I didn't want to hurt the feelings of any bleeding heart liberals.

Do we have anything like bouncing betties?

Bouncing Betty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ten times, we have 100K troops to protect Afghanistan. How about bring our troops home and protect our border.

Works for me.... maybe Barry was too stoned in the late 70’s and 80’s to learn the Afghan lesson.

Mines are a cheap, effective deterrent, and when one guy goes back home with a leg and arm missing, and it's blown across the TV stations of Mehiko and South America, we couldn't have more effective advertising that we mean business.

How about we do it this way...

Any captured illegals we find in the US are sent to work camps to build the wall. Not just any wall but think Great Wall of China with a modern update. Infrared sensors, guard towers with huge spotlights, turrets for some of those nonlethal weapons that are being developed like T-RAD.

And every time a work camp is abandoned, the last thing done is to turn the work camp into an immigration center. That way there's no excuse for not making it through with proper papers. :shrug:

Works for me.... maybe Barry was too stoned in the late 70’s and 80’s to learn the Afghan lesson.

I dont think stoned is the proper terminology for someone smoking crack...though I read there was a 'boned' in the process for him...

Back
Top Bottom