• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama scandals

mak2

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I have completely lost track of the scandals Obama has been accused of since his first election. It seems to me the first couple groundless accusations I was bombared with by the far right wingers right after the election started with Obama taking "In God We Trust" off some new coin, informing me to boycott the coin. Turns out it was a mint error worth thousands of dollars. Then there was the time Obama supposedly was at his daughters soccer game (I think this was before the election) and the press did not see him there, so the right wing blogoshpere showed pics of bad neighborhoods with scantily clad women walking around implying he might be in that neighborhood with a woman of questionable morals. Oh, and the prision made of glass and luxury furniture and the birth certificate thing, and..., well you get the picture. How many groudless accusations has the RW made?

Many of the scandals I do not think Obama is DIRECTLY responsible for, however, the one thing Obama has done is allowed a culture to continue in Washington that has allowed these scandals to happen.

Obama promised a more transparent government. This has not been the case and is a responsibility of Obama since he had promised it.

Leadership is paramount, and in this regard I think Obama has failed.

I have completely lost track of the scandals Obama has been accused of since his first election. It seems to me the first couple groundless accusations I was bombared with by the far right wingers right after the election started with Obama taking "In God We Trust" off some new coin, informing me to boycott the coin. Turns out it was a mint error worth thousands of dollars. Then there was the time Obama supposedly was at his daughters soccer game (I think this was before the election) and the press did not see him there, so the right wing blogoshpere showed pics of bad neighborhoods with scantily clad women walking around implying he might be in that neighborhood with a woman of questionable morals. Oh, and the prision made of glass and luxury furniture and the birth certificate thing, and..., well you get the picture. How many groudless accusations has the RW made?

Don't forget the bust of Winston Churchill being taken out of the White House.

There are ten fold as many unfilled promises he is guilty of as there are scandals that is if you don't counting lying to this nation as a scandal. Examples; jobs, closing Gauatanamo, ending the Afghanistan occupation (twelve year war), holding Wall Street at bay in favor of Main Street (where is Main Street by the way?), passing a healthcare bill no one read, etc., etc.

As far as "scandals" go, I only pay attention to any that relate to his governance of the country and rule of law - his personal life and that of his family, or his history before he took office, is of little interest to me. If anything, the latter is thrown up as a smoke-screen to hide or draw attention away from the mismanagement and/or corruption.

Do you think a more transparent government would include revealing all govt secrets? Like weapons and tactics in the war on terrror? Or maybe a list of visitors to the white house? It doesnt seem to matter much how much more transparent the WH is, it is just never enough, until it is too much.
Many of the scandals I do not think Obama is DIRECTLY responsible for, however, the one thing Obama has done is allowed a culture to continue in Washington that has allowed these scandals to happen.

Obama promised a more transparent government. This has not been the case and is a responsibility of Obama since he had promised it.

There are ten fold as many unfilled promises he is guilty of as there are scandals that is if you don't counting lying to this nation as a scandal. Examples; jobs, closing Gauatanamo, ending the Afghanistan occupation (twelve year war), holding Wall Street at bay in favor of Main Street (where is Main Street by the way?), passing a healthcare bill no one read, etc., etc.

Yeah where is main street? I didn't know wall street was the problem, I thought Capitol Hill was.....

Do you think a more transparent government would include revealing all govt secrets? Like weapons and tactics in the war on terrror? Or maybe a list of visitors to the white house? It doesnt seem to matter much how much more transparent the WH is, it is just never enough, until it is too much.

I'm well aware that some things need to be kept secret, however, what do YOU think Obama meant by a more transparent government then? Obviously he thought it should be more transparent than previous administrations, so what did he mean by it then?

I'm well aware that some things need to be kept secret, however, what do YOU think Obama meant by a more transparent government then? Obviously he thought it should be more transparent than previous administrations, so what did he mean by it then?

Interestingly enough, he's really gone through his first term with no really significant scandals, unless you count Benghazi as one... which was really more of a screwup not really involving the White House per se than a scandal.

This second term is traditionally where the number of scandals start to spike up in Presidencies, but we havent seen anything significant yet - the IRS thing looks like a bust, etc.

Scandals and conspiracy theories are two different things. When you can explain why our administration lied to us for three weeks about a dead ambassador get back to me.

Scandals and conspiracy theories are two different things. When you can explain why our administration lied to us for three weeks about a dead ambassador get back to me.

Lies and careful statements without committing to fact are two different things too (especially when they involve national security and hyperbole around election time).

You are right. But a transparent government will never happen again until corporations/special interest are stopped from buying the government they want. It's been a long time since "we the people" has been applicable.

Sad part is, it's obvious you couldn't give a rat's ass about Ambassador Stevens. All you care about is nailing the Obama administration which is as pathetic as it gets.

You are right. But a transparent government will never happen again until corporations/special interest are stopped from buying the government they want. It's been a long time since "we the people" has been applicable.

I agree that's why I didn't believe Obama's claims. I'm amazed not only the promises that Presidents or Candidate Presidents make but at the people that believe them.

However, in a country where more people know about the "American Idol" contestants and "Real Houswives of <insert city here>" more than they do about their representatives we get the people they deserve.

Lies and careful statements without committing to fact are two different things too (especially when they involve national security and hyperbole around election time).

True, but in this case OBama did promise a more transperant government. He didn't deliver. Not that I believed he would anyway.

I think a big part of the hysteria from the right is from an increase in available information. The list of visits to the White House was not made public until Obama and look at all the trouble that caused.

However, in a country where more people know about the "American Idol" contestants and "Real Houswives of <insert city here>" more than they do about their representatives we get the people they deserve.

I don't disagree with this either, at least when it comes to the dumbing down of people. But you could elect Jesus Christ and he would have to perform some pretty darn near impossible miracles to keep his promises. In other words, the system is rigged to fail "the people."

Sad part is, it's obvious you couldn't give a rat's ass about Ambassador Stevens. All you care about is nailing the Obama administration which is as pathetic as it gets.

Certainly he doesn't care about VileRat.

You are right, I could care less about Ambassador Stevens which is why I keep asking for the answers as to why our administration is unwilling to disclose the facts and truths about the decision makers that night he died, and why they lied to us about it for 3 weeks and why your loser in charge failure of a president embarrassed this nation in front of the UN and his own people with lies about it so he could be re elected I assume - since he won't even tell us why he lied I am free to assume that all I want. The lefts disgusting willingness to accept lies, deceipt and provide cover over politics about the death of the ambassador is truly sickening to me - you are sickening to me as well for suggesting I don't care about the people who died there since I once use to protect them in the service of our country and KNOW a hell of a lot more about doing that then you EVER will.

You are right, I could care less about Ambassador Stevens

I'm confused. You say you can care less. How much less?

which is why I keep asking for the answers as to why our administration is unwilling to disclose the facts and truths about the decision makers that night he died

Conspiracy theory.

and why they lied to us about it for 3 weeks

Conspiracy theory.

and why your loser in charge failure of a president embarrassed this nation in front of the UN and his own people with lies about it so he could be re elected I assume- since he won't even tell us why he lied I am free to assume that all I want.

Whacky assed conspiracy theory.

The lefts disgusting willingness to accept lies, deceipt and provide cover over politics about the death of the ambassador is truly sickening to me

Look in the mirror.

well for suggesting I don't care about the people who died there since I once use to protect them in the service of our country and KNOW a hell of a lot more about doing that then you EVER will.

It's obvious you do not care one iota. All you care about is nailing Clinton and Obama ass against the wall. That is all you care about.

The problem is you are so defensive of the chosen one you refuse to admit facts. It is a fact they
lied to us for 3 weeks - look it up It is a fact our administration does not answer questions about
why they lied, why they refused military support, why soldiers on the ground were told to stand
down, why there was inadequate security, and you illustrate clearly HOW LITTLE you care about
a human's life by ignoring those questions. My interest is personal. I still have friends that
would be dependent on those decision makers in a bad situation and those decision makers
have lied (FACT) and are not answering the tough questions that people deserve to know the
answers too.

Anyone that would allow their political beliefs to enable their leaders to knowingly lie and
not answer for it is pathetic.

I'm confused. You say you can care less. How much less?

Conspiracy theory.

Conspiracy theory.

Whacky assed conspiracy theory.

Look in the mirror.

It's obvious you do not care one iota. All you care about is nailing Clinton and Obama ass against the wall. That is all you care about.

Back
Top Bottom