• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama Says Orlando Shooter Was ‘Homegrown’ Terrorist

you are correct my understanding of the internet is limited. I guess what we need is a politician with some balls first.

There was a General from Homeland on the Lars Larson Show about an hour ago. He said these fanatics can manipulate the internet faster than Homeland can block them.

Yeah, right. We'd have to invent the Great Firewall of China, only 10x larger and more complex, so that's not a solution.

Taken down the source, do you have any idea how many sites hosting copyrighted files have been taken down, only to spring up in a dozen more sites. It truly is the hydra.

"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it."
John Gilmore As quoted in TIME magazine (6 December 1993)

Basically meaning the packets will always get through.

Exactly part of the problem. Lack of fundamental knowledge about how this work, especially so in government.

And then we have obummer last night and today, saying....."We don't know the motives here."

For crissake, obama suffers from ideological blindness....

you are correct my understanding of the internet is limited. I guess what we need is a politician with some balls first.

There's no politician that is going to make any attempt to dominate the Internet look like a smart move.

I don't mean to mock your knowledge. Not everyone works with technology. That said, this idea would makes things much much worse. You would turn entire large demographics of people, including many young U.S. citizens, into enemies for no gain.

As counter-intuitive as it may seem, we need to find these people and help them before they start down this path.

I don't believe this guy was really a terrorist. He's a was broken person who seized on a bad set of ideas. Maybe there was nothing to do for him, but I'd like to think an alert psychologist might have marked him out when he was younger, and helped him in some way. Got him meds, or a job, or a hobby, or laid, a new place to live, or whatever it took to prevent him from become so detached from reality that wildly declaring he was different flavors of terrorist and taking it out on homosexuals seemed like the move.

And if he refused their advances, at least we tried, and maybe then we put him on the watch list and no gun list, so he would at least have to work a bit to get the weaponry.

I suspect Obama might be right in this case.

And like I said after San Berdoo and Boston, it's just the beginning.....look forward to a lot more of these events targeted at schools, churches and high profile venues.

When they start using more bombs, instead of guns, I wonder what the Bannoids will say then?

And then we have obummer last night and today, saying....."We don't know the motives here."

Well, to be fair, Obama is about as ideological blind on this events / topic as he is on any other, which is to say completely. :)

Well, to be fair, Obama is about as ideological blind on this events / topic as he is on any other, which is to say completely. :)

Precisely!

Or, like Trump said...he gets it just fine but refuses to act on it! obama's lack of telling it straight like Trump does, is very suspicious indeed.

Trump says what many of us all believe already...................obama is a Muslim sympathizer.

Mateen was a native-born US citizen. We were probably still funding the mujahideen when his parents came to the US.

Apparently, he was also a regular at Pulse, and routinely used Grindr (a gay dating app). And of course, he claimed he was inspired by two Islamist groups that have completely different ideologies and are fighting each other -- ISIL and al-Nusra.

This guy was not a jihadi. He wasn't trained in terrorist techniques when he went to Mecca. He was a man with serious mental issues and access to firearms. He is no more controlled by ISIL than Dylan Klebold was controlled by The Matrix.

These are exactly the second and third generation Muslims we need to keep an eye on.

His father showed no emotion in that interview. Wouldn't trust him for anything.

Keeping an eye on tens of thousands of the second and third generation Muslims is expensive, unreliable and may require a court order.

Keeping the first generation of Muslim immigrants away from the US costs zero and is supremely reliable in preventing crimes by said immigrants.

Last time I tried to fly a plane into a tall building in Turkey while sitting in my man cave in Illinois, I failed miserably.

My proposed method is so revolutionary, I should apply for a patent.

Last edited:
Precisely!

Or, like Trump said...he gets it just fine but refuses to act on it! obama's lack of telling it straight like Trump does, is very suspicious indeed.

Trump says what many of us all believe already...................obama is a Muslim sympathizer.

What Obama has said about the Orlando dance place violence proves that is either an idiot or a Muslim.

Did I miss another possibility?

And like I said after San Berdoo and Boston, it's just the beginning.....look forward to a lot more of these events targeted at schools, churches and high profile venues.

When they start using more bombs, instead of guns, I wonder what the Bannoids will say then?

We shall see.

we can assume from your past history that you are faking reality.

What Obama has said about the Orlando dance place violence proves that is either an idiot or a Muslim.

Did I miss another possibility?

yes, the obvious one. you still havent accepted the reality that we have a black in the white house.

They'll say, "well, at least they won't have assault weapons with their million bullet clips!" :rolleyes:

yes, the obvious one. you still havent accepted the reality that we have a black in the white house.

I would swear this thread is about obama's reaction to the Orlando massacre. But I could be wrong.

They'll say, "well, at least they won't have assault weapons with their million bullet clips!" :rolleyes:

I am really curious how many Orlandos will be needed for the liberals to say that this guy with orange hair may have been right back in 2016?

10? 100?

we can assume from your past history that you are faking reality.

You be assumin ....wrong Amos.

Some people are just so hung up on color, I look at the actions or in-actions of a person.
obama is a total failure...has nothing to do with the color of his skin. I'd like to see Ben Carson or Allen Keys, as President.

no, you have no desire to be fair if you want to be honest.

I think you need to look in a mirror.

That would be about the jest of it.

I suspect Obama might be right in this case.

I am not so sure.

Homegrown, to me, suggests his surroundings is what led him to do what he did.

I don't think that is the case.

Last edited:
I am not so sure.

Homegrown, to me, suggests his surroundings is what led him to do what he did.

I don't think that is the case.

Are you trying to tell me that 'born in America' means nothing anymore? Now, that would be depressing. ;)

Are you trying to tell me that 'born in America' means nothing anymore? Now, that would be depressing. ;)

He didn't say homeborn, he said homegrown

I take that to mean he became radicalized by his surroundings.

Well, I'd say that's correct, in so far as "homegrown terrorist" is typically a synonym for "domestic terrorist", which is what he is. It simply is a case of domestic Islamic terrorism, that was motivated by a foreign entity (ISIS).

It's been going on for at least several months now, but the public is being conditioned to accept "lone wolf" and "domestic terrorist" as modern concepts, something with which the government must deal. This is the new terminology, and a scenario very much like "Minority Reports" will be forthcoming. The predicate has been laid.

Back
Top Bottom