• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama: Republicans Counting On Blacks Staying Home

ReverendHellh0und

I don't respect you.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Race baiting?? :roll: Blacks, as a demographic, overwhelmingly vote Democrat, it's simply a statement of fact.

What if, say mit romney had said "obama wants to keep whites home on election day"?

It's racial politics and it's disgusting.

I do think it's racist to accuse your opponent of wanting demographics of people to stay home. I can't think of 1 Republican campaign that has said "keep blacks at home." It's racist to suggest such a thing, and it's a false and foolish attack on the opposing parties character to accuse them of wanting to keep blacks and young people at home.

What if, say mit romney had said "obama wants to keep whites home on election day"?

That'd get the same response from me, racism is the ascribing of negative traits towards a racial minority, though it seems a lot of people (mostly libs:lol:) give a much more liberal meaning to the word.

It's racial politics and it's disgusting.

It is racial politics, it is abhorrent, but it's not racist, nor race baiting.

That'd get the same response from me, racism is the ascribing of negative traits towards a racial minority, though it seems a lot of people (mostly libs:lol:) give a much more liberal meaning to the word.

It is racial politics, it is abhorrent, but it's not racist, nor race baiting.

uhm, where did I call it "Racist"... I called it race baiting, and racial politics, which you agree it is.... :thumbs:

Hahahah if you say so.

Please... show me an example of anyone in the GOP saying 'Hey, btw... he's black' during the election. Or, show me an example of anyone in the GOp saying 'If you're black, stay home and don't vote'.

This liberal crap that anyone who doesn't love Obama is a racist, is beneath contempt. It puts them on the same level as 'birthers'.

Democrats are counting on whites staying home. Landslide!

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...licans_counting_on_blacks_staying_home. html

They're counting on young people staying home and union members staying home and black folks staying home," President Obama said at a rally in Philadelphia.

I don't think race baiting is going to help Obama and the democrats. Do you? :doh

Think the statement was certainly divisive. Setting up a black versus white ("us against them") dichotomy. A little tasteless but probably smart politics on Obama's part. He needs the raw numbers turnout on election day similar to what he pulled off in 2008. And the blacks and the young (first time voters) were a big part of that turnout. He (Obama) is going to do whatever he can to stir up that discontent/emotion again.

Raw politics. Ain't nothing matters 'cept that number at the end of the day......

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...licans_counting_on_blacks_staying_home. html

They're counting on young people staying home and union members staying home and black folks staying home," President Obama said at a rally in Philadelphia.

I don't think race baiting is going to help Obama and the democrats. Do you? :doh

So.... Union members are a race? Obviously, by your statement they are. Correct? Why else would Obama mention union members beside students and black people? It couldn't possibly be because these are you know... the main voting block of the American left. You know, minorities, unions, students etc. As opposed to the main voting block of the Republican party which is you know, white men. No. It couldn't possibly be because of that. It's because Obama is a secret white slave owner. In other words you're simply seeing racism where there is none.

If more Republicans stopped pretending to be Libertarians and simply accepted that it was their party which created the modern racial divisions and guidelines for voting blocks, we wouldn't have this problem.

Things to look up: Southern strategy, Nixon, 1970s.

Last edited:
No, just the "an black folks" do keep up.

No. I think it's you who should keep up. The entire clip in context makes reference to the Democratic voting base. You're being highly dishonest in pretending Obama simply said 'Republicans counting on Blacks staying home'. It's a distortion of what he actually said.

Republicans aren't merely counting on blacks staying home, they're actively trying to ensure it with vote-caging tactics. So it's perfectly justified to tell people targeted by these tactics to get out and vote.

No. I think it's you who should keep up. The entire clip in context makes reference to the Democratic voting base. You're being highly dishonest in pretending Obama simply said 'Republicans counting on Blacks staying home'. It's a distortion of what he actually said.

It's not anymore distorted than me telling you I had a burger, fries, and a soda for lunch and you then making a post saying AngryAmerican had a hamburger for lunch. The fact that I listed other items doesn't invalidate your statement that I did, in fact, have a burger. :2wave:

Republicans aren't merely counting on blacks staying home, they're actively trying to ensure it with vote-caging tactics. So it's perfectly justified to tell people targeted by these tactics to get out and vote.

Since you're new here, let me explain... generally when posting wildly baseless accusations, you're going to be called on to back them up. Please do so now. :roll:

It's not anymore distorted than me telling you I had a burger, fries, and a soda for lunch and you then making a post saying AngryAmerican had a hamburger for lunch. The fact that I listed other items doesn't invalidate your statement that I did, in fact, have a burger. :2wave:

Of course it does and your analogy is ridiculous. A better and more relevant analogy would be a beggar coming up to you in the street, saying that he's only had one burger to eat all day and thus you should spare some change. Now on the surface that might not seem dishonest or untrue but what if he omitted that he's also had hot dogs, fries, soda etc. Does his statement seem all that honest? I don't think so. It might be a true statement but it's not a very honest one. Once again, the context of how something is said is important. Specially in politics.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom