• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama realizes "there's no such thing as shovel-ready projects"

cpwill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
:doh

way to catch up there, sir.

well, we all make mistakes. this one just 'happens' to involve fruitless spending of hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars and shoveling massive amounts of debt onto the backs of our children.

Mr. Obama reflects on his presidency, admitting that he let himself look too much like “the same old tax-and-spend Democrat,” realized too late that “there’s no such thing as shovel-ready projects” and perhaps should have “let the Republicans insist on the tax cuts” in the stimulus.

what i really love about the whole thing is the insane fact that the president told the Times he expects more cooperation from Republicans after the midterms.

"It may be that regardless of what happens after this election, they feel more responsible, either because they didn't do as well as they anticipated, and so the strategy of just saying no to everything and sitting on the sidelines and throwing bombs didn't work for them," he said. "Or they did reasonably well, in which case the American people are going to be looking to them to offer serious proposals and work with me in a serious way."

so let me get this straight; if Republicans have a sweep (as they seem poised to do) based on their promises to stand up against my wildly unpopular programs, they had better be prepared to instead abandon that stance and become co-opted to them? there is no way this guy believes his own propaganda that thoroughly... does he?

oh, and this claim?

“we probably spent much more time trying to get the policy right than trying to get the politics right. There is probably a perverse pride in my administration — and I take responsibility for this; this was blowing from the top — that we were going to do the right thing, even if short-term it was unpopular. And I think anybody who’s occupied this office has to remember that success is determined by an intersection in policy and politics and that you can’t be neglecting of marketing and P.R. and public opinion.”

is selective memory at best. i mean we had, what? 30 something speeches by the President on healthcare alone? every time this guy get's in trouble the first thing he does is head out on the campaign trail. this is the white house that famously left designing the stimulus and obamacare both to congress; he probably has spent more time playing golf than he did 'working on getting the stimulus right'. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom