• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama re-election?

Aunt Spiker

Cheese
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Would he have won the election if it didn't turn into a 3-ring circus?

Will he possibly win re-election even if his audience doesn't pull for him like they did the first time?

Will he possibly win re-election even if his audience doesn't pull for him like they did the first time?

It depends on who the GOP chooses to run against him.

You'll need at least one more year before you can make accurate predictions on Obama's reelection campaign. Its going to hinge on who the Republicans run against him, how this particular election goes, and how Obama reacts depending on who wins.

It's WAY too early to discuss 2012. Right now, Obama would be facing one hell of an uphill battle. But so was Clinton in '94.

How badly the Dem's get hammered, and how he reacts to that are going to matter far more then who the GOP potentials are right now.

Why worry about Obama getting reelected when we know the world ends in 2012:mrgreen:

Too soon to tell. It really depends on how the economy ends up by 2012, and who runs against him.

Wayyyyyyyyyyy to early lol. At this point under Reagan, he was dead and buried.. and we all know where that went. Same for Clinton pretty much.

Seeing how the media and the GOP is trying to prop up Palin Obama will win the next election. All Obama has to do is run a ad saying he won't quit just because people say mean things about him or his family or America doesn't need a quitter.

Unless the GOP comes up with a surprise candidate better than the slew of damaged goods that are the "Frontrunners" now, Obama will win in 2012. Its difficult to beat an incumbent. Look at Clinton in 94 and Bush in 2004. Both were worse off in the polls than Obama is now. Granted, the election is 2 years away.

The only current frontrunner that would beat Obama is Romney....and I doubt seriously that the GOP base will stomach a Mormon candidate.

Seeing how the media and the GOP is trying to prop up Palin Obama will win the next election. All Obama has to do is run a ad saying he won't quit just because people say mean things about him or his family or America doesn't need a quitter.

Yeah, cause that's why she stepped aside.

:roll:

I swear everytime someone plays out that BS line of logic, I just shake my head at the person. She explained her reasons, they were both reasonable, and principled. But don't let that stop you being a media parrot.

I swear everytime someone plays out that BS line of logic, I just shake my head at the person. She explained her reasons, they were both reasonable, and principled. But don't let that stop you being a media parrot.

What BS? She basically said "I can't take the media being mean to me Waa waa I quit" and that is how most of the voters will see it when she tries to run for president. The only votes she will get is the pity votes, the Now we need a woman as president voters(just like the now we need a black man as president voters) and the die hard believer voters.

FOXNews.com - Palin Quits as Alaska Governor
One factor she cited was the media and political attacks on her, and she suggested that her reason for quitting abruptly was to allow the state to move forward under Parnell without distraction, calling this the "right path for Alaska."

Last edited:

she stepped aside so she could cash in and no longer have to defend herself politically. i don't think she'll run, that would put a damper on her wealth aspirations.

He's not interested in running again. He figures he can do enough damage in just four years.

she stepped aside so she could cash in and no longer have to defend herself politically. i don't think she'll run, that would put a damper on her wealth aspirations.

She knew stepping down could ruin her politically. She did it for Alaska.

She knew stepping down could ruin her politically. She did it for Alaska.

what complete bs. she did it to cash in. i cannot believe you are that naive.

What BS? She basically said "I can't take the media being mean to me Waa waa I quit" and that is how most of the voters will see it when she tries to run for president. The only votes she will get is the pity votes, the Now we need a woman as president voters(just like the now we need a black man as president voters) and the die hard believer voters.

FOXNews.com - Palin Quits as Alaska Governor
One factor she cited was the media and political attacks on her, and she suggested that her reason for quitting abruptly was to allow the state to move forward under Parnell without distraction, calling this the "right path for Alaska."

That's... exactly that happened. Sigh.

She stepped aside because the cost to her and the state fighting trash lawsuits wasn't worth it. The Lt. Gov was situated to take over and accomplish what the BS was keeping her from doing.

But don't let reality stop you, liblady or anyone else from the "She couldn't handle it and is a quitter" line. I know it's far easier just to say that then to accept that maybe she had a principled reason for her actions. Might mean you have to say she did something smart.

Yeah, cause she couldn't have waited a little longer to cash in.

Do you have any proof her motives were $$ and not the motives she stated herself?

No you don't.

She stepped aside because the cost to her and the state fighting trash lawsuits wasn't worth it. The Lt. Gov was situated to take over and accomplish what the BS was keeping her from doing.

But don't let reality stop you, liblady or anyone else from the "She couldn't handle it and is a quitter" line. I know it's far easier just to say that then to accept that maybe she had a principled reason for her actions. Might mean you have to say she did something smart.

she DID do something smart, she cashed in. and, she's a quitter.

As far as I know Palin's not running in 2012.
In fact - it seems as if there's a whole new cast of characters. . .new people have stepped onto the scene that are fresh to everything.

As far as I know Palin's not running in 2012.
In fact - it seems as if there's a whole new cast of characters. . .new people have stepped onto the scene that are fresh to everything.

Like who????

So not only she is a quitter she is a coward who runs from junk lawsuits. Obama may be a stinking lib but he didn't quit over some junk lawsuits.

Last edited:
Would he have won the election if it didn't turn into a 3-ring circus?

If he pisses off the press enough, and real investigative reporters really start to investigate Barry.... and report on what they find out....

Then I woke up…..

She did it for Alaska and laughed all the way to the bank........

If she had been short, fat , and frumpy we wouldn't even be mentioning her name here.

Back
Top Bottom