• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama promisies amnesty after his inauguration in January.

jamesrage

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Hopefully there is enough democrats and republicans who oppose amnesty that will stop Obama and other pro-illegals in office.

Obama Promises Swift Action On Immigration In Meeting With Progressives
WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama lifted the spirits of a room full of progressive leaders on Tuesday when he pledged to tackle immigration reform early in his second term, half a dozen sources either in the room or with knowledge of the conversation told The Huffington Post.
"He said that they want to move quickly on immigration reform," one attendee said.
The president has said before that immigration reform will be a major priority after his inauguration in January. But his vow behind closed doors signaled to at least one advocate in the room that he is "dead serious" about making a push for a bill as soon as possible. Past pledges have come up short. But for those gathered at the White House, the comments sparked renewed optimism.
One source, who like others spoke on the condition of anonymity because it was an off-the-record meeting, said Obama brought up immigration reform, unprompted, in his opening remarks -- a stark difference from tense previous talks in which he's been prodded by reform advocates to address the topic.
"I've been in a number of meetings with him on this topic, it's been pretty rough, but this one, the passion, intensity, seriousness -- I was pretty struck," the source said. "If there's one thing he was crystal clear he was going to get done in 2013 ... it was immigration reform. He was going to lean into it, he was sure Republicans were going to come to the table. It was sort of what he's said before, but with huge conviction."
The White House did not return a request for comment.

I don't know where I stand on Amnesty. One day, I am ready to deport them and somedays I am not.

I don't know where I stand on Amnesty. One day, I am ready to deport them and somedays I am not.

I think the entire "illegal immigration" thing is a bit of a red herring, based mostly upon xenophobia.

We have been "educated" for years that this was a nation that was the "melting pot of the world", and the evidence for that is quite strong.

Today's situation has simply given us a bloated Border Patrol with an expensive and incomplete and ineffective "virtual fence" that benefits industry and wastes tax dollars.

It does get people very angry and excited, I'll give you that. Great if one is a demagog and xenophobe.

If you are actually opposed to illegal immigration then you should oppose amnesty in any form seeing how amnesty encourages illegal immigration.Reagan Amnesty is proof that amnesty just increases illegal immigration. If you are for open borders and don't oppose illegal immigration then you should support amnesty.

I think the entire "illegal immigration" thing is a bit of a red herring, based mostly upon xenophobia.

We have been "educated" for years that this was a nation that was the "melting pot of the world", and the evidence for that is quite strong.

Today's situation has simply given us a bloated Border Patrol with an expensive and incomplete and ineffective "virtual fence" that benefits industry and wastes tax dollars.

It does get people very angry and excited, I'll give you that. Great if one is a demagog and xenophobe.

But the melting pot has immigration laws that have been virtually ignored for many years. We have always controlled immigration. Why should those that come across the Mexican border be any different? How is it MOSTLY xenophobia? The effects of immigration go beyond the color of the skin of the people immigrating. It is just lazy to label people who just want the laws to be enforced and reasonable numbers of immigration allowed. Why is it anybody's fault that the big immigration problem are Mexicans? Just an undeniable fact.

i'm fine with amnesty. it's better than the multi-tiered society and the balkanization that we have now. it's my opinion that it needs to be followed by a quick ramp up of e-verify, though. otherwise, this debate will happen again every 25 years.

But the melting pot has immigration laws that have been virtually ignored for many years. We have always controlled immigration. Why should those that come across the Mexican border be any different? How is it MOSTLY xenophobia? The effects of immigration go beyond the color of the skin of the people immigrating. It is just lazy to label people who just want the laws to be enforced and reasonable numbers of immigration allowed. Why is it anybody's fault that the big immigration problem are Mexicans? Just an undeniable fact.

It is likely that our immigration laws are not tailored to reality. I haven't studied it in a long time, but the quota system of 10 years ago did not seem to be very well based upon the reality of labor economics.

I completely agree with you that we should control immigration, just as we should control certain drugs. But a blanket prohibition is not regulation in a rational sense, whether of people or of drugs.

It seems we should let them all come in, fingerprint them all, record where they live, perhaps follow up with visits to that location, and if the situation merits, send them back home. At least knowing who and where they are would facilitate deportation if required.

If there is no work here, they won't come. They do work we won't do, and there is nothing you or I can do about that.

The reason I see xenophobia is because in many of my friends of the redneck persuasion, and I have many, in this discussion the xenophobia is almost palpable. Not so much on the internet, but in real life some people get rather angry and hostile. Talk of lynch mobs and such. Not pleasant.

But we should have a rational policy that serves society and minimizes government.

Read my signature, people -- "illegal immigration" is an oxymoron.

If you use the phrase as a pivot for serious discussion, the outcome of ludicrously absurd amnesty and legalization is inevitable.

People who trespass, forge identities, steal jobs/classrooms/other-resources from American citizens, are law-breaking criminals, nothing more, nothing less.

They are not "immigrants".

Thus the issue of illegals -- people who are law-breakers -- is a law enforcement issue.

Any talk of forgiving these criminals and letting them keep their ill-gotten gains is a travesty of justice for American citizens from whom they stole them.

We cannot keep treating our fellow citizens so terribly, or our country will come to an end.

It's either justice for all Americans or it's an injustice for us all.

i'm fine with amnesty. it's better than the multi-tiered society and the balkanization that we have now. it's my opinion that it needs to be followed by a quick ramp up of e-verify, though. otherwise, this debate will happen again every 25 years.

Amnesty, or lack thereof, has nothing to do with balkanization. In fact, at least around here, it has increased significantly since Reagan's amnesty. Give amnesty now and you guarantee the debate will happen again.

Amnesty, or lack thereof, has nothing to do with balkanization. In fact, at least around here, it has increased significantly since Reagan's amnesty. Give amnesty now and you guarantee the debate will happen again.

having a class of illegal workers has everything to do with balkanization. they only feel safe in their own insular communities, and they have no means to report abuses without risking deportation.

having a class of illegal workers has everything to do with balkanization. they only feel safe in their own insular communities, and they have no means to report abuses without risking deportation.
They're law-breaking criminals, who have committed crimes against American citizens.

Yet you speak of them as "the poor illegals, they have it so bad". :roll:

They should be in jail or deported, and their ill-gotten gains returned to the American citizens from whom they stole, the proper treatment of such criminals!

Sometimes I wonder if everyone who argues someway in support of illegals is either non-American or has lost sight of what both justice and being an American citizens is all about. :confused:

As opposed to the localized community of hispanics and spanish speaking business that is still balkanized decades after the last amnesty? Amnesty will not do away with your so-called "class of illegal workers".

They're law-breaking criminals, who have committed crimes against American citizens.

Yet you speak of them as "the poor illegals, they have it so bad". :roll:

They should be in jail or deported, and their ill-gotten gains returned to the American citizens from whom they stole, the proper treatment of such criminals!

Sometimes I wonder if everyone who argues someway in support of illegals is either non-American or has lost sight of what both justice and being an American citizens is all about. :confused:

how did your ancestors come here? my guess is that they either just showed up, or had some legal option like Ellis Island. it's hard as hell to become an American now. my good friend paid full price for a college education and grad school education here in the US, and they won't even let him work here legally.

lost sight of justice and what being an American citizen is all about? lol. i'll tell you this : it means more than popping out of a geographically correct vagina (which descended from a non-geographically correct vagina) and then calling for the new immigrants to be jailed.

As opposed to the localized community of hispanics and spanish speaking business that is still balkanized decades after the last amnesty? Amnesty will not do away with your so-called "class of illegal workers".

we didn't fix the system after the last one. if we don't fix the system after this one, it will happen again. put simply, every level of business or corporation can currently stay in business after hiring an undocumented worker. if the fine for hiring an undocumented worker was prohibitive enough, businesses wouldn't take the risk. the way it stands now, they can just bring their workers in through a subcontractor and everyone pretends that they don't know what's going on.

secondly, it's exceptionally hard to come here legally. i'm not arguing to open the floodgates, but it shouldn't be nearly impossible for people to get in.

how did your ancestors come here?
People who came here before there was a country here and before the country made laws against trespassing, identity forging and jobs/classrooms/other-resource stealing, were not in violation of any national laws.

Your response is ludicrously irrelevant and meaningless.

my guess is that they either just showed up,
Without breaking any laws.

That's what matters.

or had some legal option like Ellis Island.
The legal option, the one taken out of respect for the rights of citizens, the one that is based on managing American resources, like jobs, classrooms, etc., to provide for the common defense and promote the general welfare of American citizens.

it's hard as hell to become an American now.
Meaningless.

The debatable degree of difficulty in becoming a U.S. citizen is irrelevant, is no excuse for breaking the law and committing thievery against U.S. citizens.

my good friend paid full price for a college education and grad school education here in the US, and they won't even let him work here legally.
And that's how it should be!

Where in the world did you ever get the idea that if a multiple-count thief made enough purchases of goods/services in the country in which he committed his crimes, he should be allowed to go free???

I mean, really!

I think you need to read the OP link from my signature's referenced thread.

Then maybe you'll get it, that as an American citizen you owe it to your fellow Americans to speak up for upholding the law, not making excuses for criminals just because they're your "good friend" .. assuming, of course, you are an American citizen!

That "good friend" excuse is simply misguided codependence, which is covered in the OP link in my signature's referenced thread.

Read it .. please.

lost sight of justice and what being an American citizen is all about? lol.
Absolutely!

That you do not get how huge and important legal American citizenship is to Americans means you simply have lost sight of the value of being an American ..

.. Except when arguing for amnesty and legalization for illegals, then you seem to "suddenly" get how important American citizenship is. :shock:

Being an American citizen is about the important service of being accountable for our country’s actions, responsibly standing up for our country’s interests, and exercising authority to decide our country’s direction via assembly and the voting booth. And for that service to our nation and our fellow countrymen here in America, our condition of citizenship inherently entitles us to enjoy the associated benefits rightly afforded to citizens, and that no political interest, foreign or domestic, should ever be allowed to unjustly infringe upon the general welfare or the pursuit of happiness of any U.S. citizen for any reason.

Illegals have infringed upon the benefits of U.S. citizenship, by trespassing, identity forging, and jobs/classrooms/other-resource stealing of what belongs to American citizens.

Illegals have no claim whatsoever to receive U.S. citizenship, obviously.

They are law-breakers, and they deserve only criminal prosecution.

i'll tell you this : it means more than popping out of a geographically correct vagina (which descended from a non-geographically correct vagina) and then calling for the new immigrants to be jailed.
Your irrational statement here is a complete disconnect with the realities of American citizenship. :roll:

Legal Americans and immigrants who birth a child in America or anywhere in the world constitutes legal sufficiency for American citizenship, and rightly so, in respect of the ways of modern civilizations.

People who trespass are illegal, and therefore citizenship should not rightly be bestowed on that child.

Only if the mother is an American/legal immigrant should the child be granted American citizenship.

I realize you don't respect boundaries, probably personal, interpersonal, social, socioeconomic, as well as geopolitical boundaries.

But your lack of respect for what the overwhelming vast majority of Americans grasp as soverignly dear is simply no excuse for supporting gross violations of good American law or recommending injustice to your fellow American citizens.

People who came here before there was a country here and before the country made laws against trespassing, identity forging and jobs/classrooms/other-resource stealing, were not in violation of any national laws.

Your response is ludicrously irrelevant and meaningless.

it's entirely relevant. the US has been occupied for millenia, and there were countries here before the US. resource stealing? we moved entire native American nations in order to gain access to resources.

Without breaking any laws.

That's what matters.

The legal option, the one taken out of respect for the rights of citizens, the one that is based on managing American resources, like jobs, classrooms, etc., to provide for the common defense and promote the general welfare of American citizens.

immigrants have provided all of the above. we won the space race because of immigrants. immigrants have provides services and invaluable innovation. as a matter of fact, my own family were immigrants on both sides. and yours?

The debatable degree of difficulty in becoming a U.S. citizen is irrelevant, is no excuse for breaking the law and committing thievery against U.S. citizens.

irrelevant? debatable? how many people do you know who are trying to become a citizen, or to even get a green card? i assure you, it is considerable, and it certainly isn't irrelevant.

Then maybe you'll get it, that as an American citizen you owe it to your fellow Americans to speak up for upholding the law, not making excuses for criminals just because they're your "good friend" .. assuming, of course, you are an American citizen!

That "good friend" excuse is simply misguided codependence, which is covered in the OP link in my signature's referenced thread.

my good friend is a good friend whose family paid full cost for a bachelors and MBA in the US, and has dumped countless thousands of dollars into the US economy. my good friend has a great mind for business, and he can't use it in his field because it's next to impossible to get a damned green card.

i am an American citizen. i was born here. that doesn't mean i can't see the stupidity of setting the bar so high for citizenship that we exclude people like my friend.

That you do not get how huge and important legal American citizenship is to Americans means you simply have lost sight of the value of being an American ..

i value it every day. however, that doesn't excuse xenophobia. it also doesn't mean that i think that we should have no standards for admission. fortunately, the real world isn't a false dichotomy.

Being an American citizen is about the important service of being accountable for our country’s actions, responsibly standing up for our country’s interests, and exercising authority to decide our country’s direction via assembly and the voting booth. And for that service to our nation and our fellow countrymen here in America, our condition of citizenship inherently entitles us to enjoy the associated benefits rightly afforded to citizens, and that no political interest, foreign or domestic, should ever be allowed to unjustly infringe upon the general welfare or the pursuit of happiness of any U.S. citizen for any reason.

Illegals have infringed upon the benefits of U.S. citizenship, by trespassing, identity forging, and jobs/classrooms/other-resource stealing of what belongs to American citizens.

Illegals have no claim whatsoever to receive U.S. citizenship, obviously.

They are law-breakers, and they deserve only criminal prosecution.

and your family came here when and from where? i'm sure there were people here waiting to blame all of society's woes on them way back then, as well.

Your irrational statement here is a complete disconnect with the realities of American citizenship. :roll:

Legal Americans and immigrants who birth a child in America or anywhere in the world constitutes legal sufficiency for American citizenship, and rightly so, in respect of the ways of modern civilizations.

People who trespass are illegal, and therefore citizenship should not rightly be bestowed on that child.

settled in 1868.

Birthright citizenship in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Only if the mother is an American/legal immigrant should the child be granted American citizenship.

I realize you don't respect boundaries, probably personal, interpersonal, social, socioeconomic, as well as geopolitical boundaries.

But your lack of respect for what the overwhelming vast majority of Americans grasp as soverignly dear is simply no excuse for supporting gross violations of good American law or recommending injustice to your fellow American citizens.

it's not a lack of respect. i hold a different opinion than you do. that's American, too.

it's entirely relevant. the US has been occupied for millenia, and there were countries here before the US. resource stealing? we moved entire native American nations in order to gain access to resources.

At one time the entire world was genocidal land-grabbing. So? How does that have a bearing on today?

The past has some bad stuff, therefor... no rules!

At one time the entire world was genocidal land-grabbing. So? How does that have a bearing on today?

The past has some bad stuff, therefor... no rules!

strawman argument. i am arguing that we need to take another look at the current rules, not that we should enact a system with no rules.

strawman argument. i am arguing that we need to take another look at the current rules, not that we should enact a system with no rules.

And ancient bloody history has what to do with this?

And ancient bloody history has what to do with this?

it adds a sense of perspective to the argument. most of our current residents descend from those who arrived as immigrants. when the next wave of immigrants arrived, the existing population viewed them with the suspicion that the current population views modern day immigrants. yet melting pot America yielded a wonderful nation. i would argue that the current crop of immigrants will yield the same.

that's not to say that there should be no rules, and we should have standards. however, i would like to see an evolving system of immigration, not just a series of new obstacles. i think we can do better if we study the flaws in the system now and make the changes needed to reap maximum benefits from it.

it's entirely relevant.
Absolutely false.

the US has been occupied for millenia, and there were countries here before the US. resource stealing? we moved entire native American nations in order to gain access to resources.
Here you make excuses to break whatever law you want on the grounds that "others did it, so it's okay" to break laws.

First of all, no, there weren't other countries on this land prior to colonization and the creation of the U.S.

"Indians", as the previous settlers on the land were called, had not formed countries with written laws that were known by other countries throughout the world.

When Columbus and the gang landed on the shores, they were greeted by the present settlers, who invited them to dinner, traded with them, and everyone was happy.

Though some tribes had uncommunicated tribal boundaries, war broke out, violence erupted, and the Europeans got back in their ships and looked elsewhere for land.

Do you want to make an excuse for war here? Do you really want to bait a war between American citizens and illegals?

You really need to think a bit before you spout off the usual ideological mantras.

The bottom line is that a modern nation exists on this land, one with real demarcated boundaries using a demarcation system utilized and acknowledged world-wide.

Those who trespass, forge identities, and steal jobs/classrooms/other-resources from American citizens are criminal law-breakers, nothing more.

They knew they were behaving like criminals when they commited their criminal acts.

They did so anyway, in willful violation of our laws.

No excuses suffice to tolerate that.

None.

Indeed, according your excuse you use here, the illegals are invaders who should be repulsed with military force.

I'd be careful, if I were you, the nature of the excuses you employ for violating U.S. citizen rights.

immigrants have provided all of the above. we won the space race because of immigrants. immigrants have provides services and invaluable innovation. as a matter of fact, my own family were immigrants on both sides. and yours?
Meaningless.

This issue isn't a question of "immigrants".

It's a question is legal or illegal behavior.

Though I will ask now: are your parents illegals?

Regardless, legal immigrants, those who have entered our country not to commit illegal acts are not at all the issue here.

The issue here isn't "immigrants".

The issue here is illegals, law-breakers, criminals, and the right response is enforce the law.

People aren't "immigrants" unless they come here with respect to our laws.

Otherwise they're simply common thieves, nothing special, nothing more title-wise, nothing less than law-breakers.

You're simply confusing the issue caused by your codependence and anti-American ideology.

irrelevant? debatable? how many people do you know who are trying to become a citizen, or to even get a green card? i assure you, it is considerable, and it certainly isn't irrelevant.
"It is so hard to earn a living here these days. I simply have to go out and steal some money."

:roll:

Your focus of "it's hard to get into America as a new citizen legally these days" is irrelevant!

Your supposed whine does not excuse trespassing, identity-forging, and jobs/classrooms/other-resource stealing, not at all!

Do you not get that?!

Geez!

Do you not understand boundaries, why they exist, and why they must be respected under penalty of law?

If there's a huge waiting list to get into America legally it's because we don't have enough job openings with the current true unemployment rate at 14 percent and 47 million Americans un- and under- employed barely surviving on food stamps, or enough health-care facilities, or a thin enough population density to support new people, or enough unconjested roads, or adequate electricity generation, water supplies, etc., etc., etc.

Our good legal immigration laws take all this into consideration.

That it's therefore not the time for tons of immigration is simply something to accept and respect.

Why do you even care about how hard it is to enter America legally?

Why can't people just wait their turn?

Why is people waiting to come here such a big deal for you?

If they aren't seeking emergency political asylum, then they can just remain in their present country until their number comes up.

That may be a bit frustrating for them that they can't have instant gratification on the matter.

But their impatience in no way justifies breaking our laws.

my good friend is a good friend whose family paid full cost for a bachelors and MBA in the US, and has dumped countless thousands of dollars into the US economy. my good friend has a great mind for business, and he can't use it in his field because it's next to impossible to get a damned green card.
None of that matters with respect to American rule of law.

Do you truly not understand that?

As I said before, it doesn't matter how much money was paid for whatever purchases in the country in which the thievery occurred.

If your friend's parents are here illegally, if he's here illegally, that's all that matters -- they should be apprehended and dealt with in American criminal court like any criminal.

It doesn't matter what they bought here. It doesn't matter if they really did "dumped countelss thousands of dollars into the US economy". You simply can't buy your way out of American justice. Our justice system is rightly blind to such egregiousness.

It also doesn't matter how smart your friend is or what a great mind he has -- these are unjustifiable excuses for breaking the law.

The excuses you're making are tantamount to an attorney arguing before the jury: "yes, my client broke into the plantiff's home, he contrived a fake key and opened their bedroom safe, and he stole their jewelry and savings bonds, but his parents worked hard and put him through school, and paid a lot of money for school for him, and my client has a great mind for business, etc. .. so he should be allowed to keep what he stole and not be punished in any way for it". :roll:

It boggles my mind that you don't see that's precisely your argument.

It's ludicrous.

i am an American citizen. i was born here. that doesn't mean i can't see the stupidity of setting the bar so high for citizenship that we exclude people like my friend.
Again with the "my friend" excuse. :roll:

Is he here illegally?

Then he needs to be apprehended and prosecuted in an American courtroom.

Your codependence here is no excuse of the law.

If "he's my friend" was an acceptable excuse of the law, our society would be in utter chaos.

Fortunately, it's not.

The "bar" is simply not set too high.

In reality, it's likely far too low, considering 23 million Americans are unemployed and 28 million Americans are under-employed and 43% of Americans are still greatly suffering in the lingering effects of The Great Recession and 47 million are on food stamps!

Seriously, these are times to reduce legal immigration, not increas it.

It's basic socioeconomics 100 class here.

i value it every day. however, that doesn't excuse xenophobia.
And here we go, the race-baiting. :roll:

I wondered when that would rear its ugly head.

Yes, when rational arguments defeat all the un-American arguments soundly, out comes the race-baiting.

Look, I understand you're frustrated and all, but calling people inappropriate and egregious names simply isn't the way to make a rational valid point with respect to American law and intelligent socioeconomics.

Respecting American law is simply that. Respecting socioeconomic realities is simply that as well. Managing U.S. resources, as our immigration laws are designed to do is simply that.

Illegals are of all races, creeds and colors.

And, our good U.S. laws are blind to that as well.

Our laws see only trespassers, identity-forgers, and jobs/classrooms/other-resource stealers, law-breaking criminals.

Your name-calling is an immature response to having had your losing argument refuted.

If you truly do value your American citizenship, then you'll respect the citizenship of every one of your fellow Americans, and stop arguing for the obvious injustice toward your fellow Americans that amnesty and legalization for 20 million illegals most certainly is.

and your family came here when and from where? i'm sure there were people here waiting to blame all of society's woes on them way back then, as well.
Your non sequitur here was meaningless.

Legal immigration is the only form of immigration.

People who came here legally, no matter what the nature of the law was at that time, are not in violation of the law.

No matter who liked the immigrants or who didn't like the immigrants, if they were here legally, that's all that mattered; that made them immigrants.

The issue here is that illegals are simply not immigrants; they're law-breaking criminals, nothing more.

That's the issue today, nothing more.

Here you clearly do not understand the law.

If special circumstances are found to exist, then they are taken into consideration in judging the matter.

For instance, a father breaks into someone's home and steals a valuable necklace. Then he gives that necklace to his daughter for her 16th birthday. Criminal investigators later arrest the father and he's found guilty in court. The judge then orders the daughter to turn the necklace over to the police to be retuned to its rightful owner. But the daughter complains, saying, "It's mine, it was given to me and that makes it mine, and since I myself did nothing wrong, I being simply a gift-receiver, I should be allowed to keep my gift, to keep my necklace".

Under normal circumstances she is right with regard to the law on possessions.

But, under special circumstances, the fact that her father obtained the necklace illegally, that he had no right to give it to her, she is wrong, and has no lawful claim to that necklace.

The same is true here.

Children born here to American citizens/legal immigrants indeed have a right to American citizenship.

But children born to parents who are illegals, the special circumstances of illegals rightly renders bestowing citizenship on their children unlawful.

it's not a lack of respect. i hold a different opinion than you do. that's American, too.
"It's not a lack of respect that I stole your wallet, it's more that you had enough money already, and I needed some more; I simply hold a different opinoin than you do, and that's American, too".

:roll:

Your "opinion" is to disrespect American law and do an obvious injustice to your fellow American citizens by advocating law-breaking thieves should keep their ill-gotten gains they stole from your fellow American citizens.

Yes, you have a right to that opinion, it's American to have a rght to that opinion, but that doesn't make your opinion ethical with respect to your American patriotism and the rightfull respect you patriotically owe your fellow American citizens to support our laws in the name of justice for your fellow American citizens.

Indeed, your opinion is an unethical, immoral, and egregious one, as it supports law-breaking criminals and injustice done to all Americans.

That should matter to you.

we didn't fix the system after the last one. if we don't fix the system after this one, it will happen again. put simply, every level of business or corporation can currently stay in business after hiring an undocumented worker. if the fine for hiring an undocumented worker was prohibitive enough, businesses wouldn't take the risk. the way it stands now, they can just bring their workers in through a subcontractor and everyone pretends that they don't know what's going on.

Then increase the fines, close the loophole. But that's not the entirety that's wrong. The system's great failure is that we sap it by offering services to illegals instead of letting the system work and deporting them.

secondly, it's exceptionally hard to come here legally. i'm not arguing to open the floodgates, but it shouldn't be nearly impossible for people to get in.

That is sheer nonsense and nowhere close to the truth. Every year we take in the full quota we've established (and it's greater than many developed countries).

You keep going on about how we're somehow afraid of immigrants. That's another inaccuracy. We LOVE immigrants. They are NOT illegal aliens.

I'm totally against rewarding people with citizenship status for breaking our laws. It is unbelievable to me that some people support this.

I've rarely seen a position based on so many huge and glaring inaccuracies. Impressive, Helix. Tell me, is it a hatred of the US or a love of Mexicans that brought you to this lowly state?

Back
Top Bottom