• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama Promise To 'Protect Whistleblowers' Just Disappeared From Change.gov

ChezC3

Relentless Thinking Fury
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Obama Promise To 'Protect Whistleblowers' Just Disappeared From Change.gov | Techdirt

Protect Whistleblowers: Often the best source of information about waste, fraud, and abuse in government is an existing government employee committed to public integrity and willing to speak out. Such acts of courage and patriotism, which can sometimes save lives and often save taxpayer dollars, should be encouraged rather than stifled. We need to empower federal employees as watchdogs of wrongdoing and partners in performance. Barack Obama will strengthen whistleblower laws to protect federal workers who expose waste, fraud, and abuse of authority in government. Obama will ensure that federal agencies expedite the process for reviewing whistleblower claims and whistleblowers have full access to courts and due process.

Well this is embarrassing...

YET another example of the two-faced Barack Obama...

Heya Chez. :2wave: Do you think that might be on the account that he knows within this next 3 years that there will be a whole ****load that will be coming out against him?

I sure hope so, the more we get on this guy, keep him reeling, his attention and focus on other things, the less damage he can do... The Next POTUS can simply pardon all who Obama sends to the gulags...

Yeah... he forgot the fact that once you put something on the internet, in less than 10s, someone is going to copy it and make a record and a backup of it and if you take it off the internet, he will shame you for it.

ofc, this is a double edge sword... but in this case, good on the people for having an interest in observing these sort of things. i would have more respect for Obama if he went in front of people and said:
I lied. Ok? I did it, I lied, I told you what you wanted to hear so you'd vote for me. I can't keep most of my promises but hey, we're in this together and I'll try and do better for the rest of my term. I need you to trust me that I can do better. But I just can't keep these promises (and then say the promises he can't keep... one of them being ofc, this one).

And then actually do better.

I sure hope so, the more we get on this guy, keep him reeling, his attention and focus on other things, the less damage he can do... The Next POTUS can simply pardon all who Obama sends to the gulags...

What we also need to do.....is to make sure that is does not become relevant with anything after his Presidency. Shut down any speeches he tries to give and always make sure that people know that he did not know how to Lead, as well as divided the country up even more than what it was. Although I do think Herbert Hoover is now wiping the swet off his brow with Obama's turn in Office.

Also lets not forget that Team Obama is out in full force trying to get people into those Exchanges. That he is now running around the country with his team. Stating Right out in the Open. He needs the Young people and their Money. In order to make his Signature Legislation work. If he cannot pull the numbers like he NEEDS. He then FAILS.

Course then All he will be able to fall back on is.....he Got Bin Laden.

Yeah... he forgot the fact that once you put something on the internet, in less than 10s, someone is going to copy it and make a record and a backup of it and if you take it off the internet, he will shame you for it.

ofc, this is a double edge sword... but in this case, good on the people for having an interest in observing these sort of things. i would have more respect for Obama if he went in front of people and said:
I lied. Ok? I did it, I lied, I told you what you wanted to hear so you'd vote for me. I can't keep most of my promises but hey, we're in this together and I'll try and do better for the rest of my term. I need you to trust me that I can do better. But I just can't keep these promises (and then say the promises he can't keep... one of them being ofc, this one).

Heya RM. :2wave: Yeah well this isn't the First time. Look how he pulled even his White House Schedule which was up and online for days. Then Benghazi came along and.....immediately his schedule was pulled down and where he was.

So you want him to lie again? ;)

What we also need to do.....is to make sure that is does not become relevant with anything after his Presidency. Shut down any speeches he tries to give and always make sure that people know that he did not know how to Lead, as well as divided the country up even more than what it was. Although I do think Herbert Hoover is now wiping the swet off his brow with Obama's turn in Office.

Also lets not forget that Team Obama is out in full force trying to get people into those Exchanges. That he is now running around the country with his team. Stating Right out in the Open. He needs the Young people and their Money. In order to make his Signature Legislation work. If he cannot pull the numbers like he NEEDS. He then FAILS.

Course then All he will be able to fall back on is.....he Got Bin Laden.

His entire Presidency has been a failure, the saddest thing is the GOP had to, I mean they just had to go and put that dink Romney up against him...

Yeah, saying "Go" on a mission that had been going on for a decade, most of which was before he was POTUS, BIG deal...

So you want him to lie again? ;)

That's why I added the "And then actually do better" part.
Otherwise, it will be like an abusive husband apology to his wife. "Oh baby, sorry I hit you, I won't do it again, just give me another chance, I can actually change!" And tomorrow he would slap the **** out of her again. America being the wife. I doubt he will ever dare to hit Michelle... she looks stronger and manlier than he does.

His entire Presidency has been a failure, the saddest thing is the GOP had to, I mean they just had to go and put that dink Romney up against him...

Yeah, saying "Go" on a mission that had been going on for a decade, most of which was before he was POTUS, BIG deal...

Yep.....what I thought was hilarious was Romney thinking he was winning.

That's why I added the "And then actually do better" part.
Otherwise, it will be like an abusive husband apology to his wife. "Oh baby, sorry I hit you, I won't do it again, just give me another chance, I can actually change!" And tomorrow he would slap the **** out of her again. America being the wife. I doubt he will ever dare to hit Michelle... she looks stronger and manlier than he does.

I caught that after I post...:3oops:

These last few years have had a decidedly Ike and Tina feel to it...

Yep.....what I thought was hilarious was Romney thinking he was winning.

I knew the way he bowed out with McCain he was gonna be the nom, the same way I know they'll screw the pooch this go around if we don't get some grassroot'n...

:confused:

gonna have to gimme more...

K.

Why would it be removed? It's not much more than a platitude anyway. Federal whistleblowers already have protections in place. Secondly, now that Snowden has claimed whistleblower status, it's suddenly not a priority? What difference does HE make to the President's worthy proclamation? It's important to draw a distinction between whisleblowers and traitors. Snowden provides the perfect opportunity.

K.

Why would it be removed? It's not much more than a platitude anyway. Federal whistleblowers already have protections in place. Secondly, now that Snowden has claimed whistleblower status, it's suddenly not a priority? What difference does HE make to the President's worthy proclamation? It's important to draw a distinction between whisleblowers and traitors. Snowden provides the perfect opportunity.

as I was reading the article I was thinking to myself "SELF! isn't this what Snowden did?" and now he's threatening with trade sanctions Russia of all countries?!?

I'm curious how they're going to bring him up on espionage charges, or treason for that matter, he was spying FOR US?!!?!?! :slapme:

as I was reading the article I was thinking to myself "SELF! isn't this what Snowden did?" and now he's threatening with trade sanctions Russia of all countries?!?

I'm curious how they're going to bring him up on espionage charges, or treason for that matter, he was spying FOR US?!!?!?! :slapme:

Well, he did promise whistleblowers access to the courts, after all. ;)

He's in deep ****. He released classified information and belongs in jail -- IF what the government is doing is constitutionally legal. There was a way he could have gotten the word out without releasing classified information. He should have found it.

Well, he did promise whistleblowers access to the courts, after all. ;)

He's in deep ****. He released classified information and belongs in jail -- IF what the government is doing is constitutionally legal. There was a way he could have gotten the word out without releasing classified information. He should have found it.

I'm not sure that is incarceration worthy, it isn't like he posted code up on hackingmadeeasy.com...

...LOL ...the right wing kooks frothing at the mouth....again.

Obama will leave a great legacy behind folks. He'll be right up there with the greats.

Most of you will still be thank-less when you get old and start benefitting from Obama-care ....just like you do with every other social program in the US...so nothing is new here.
Let me remind you ....he won a second term ....not because he's Barack Obama ....but because the American people decided he did enough to earn a second term!!

Now get ready for Hillary. :2wave:

Obama will leave a great legacy behind folks. He'll be right up there with the greats.

Most of you will still be thank-less when you get old and start benefitting from Obama-care ....just like you do with every other social program in the US...so nothing is new here.
Let me remind you ....he won a second term ....not because he's Barack Obama ....but because the American people decided he did enough to earn a second term!!

Did enough what?

Fudging the numbers? Belittling and threatening his political foes ? Lying his ass off?

Uninformed lately?

:lamo Right Wing kooks :shock: .....if the Right Wing are kooks. That makes the left the idjits, no getting round that at all then.

Bring on Hillary.....we can't wait to get the Dead face of Every American that Died in Benghazi back out on her plate. Including the US Ambassador she sent to his death. Then we will go after the mental capacity and all those stairs she fell down. Hitting her head and causing her ass to stutter and forget most of what she didn't know about anyways. What a fricken joke. :lol:

Don't the old folks have a fairly decent health care program? I think it called Medicare or something like that. Provides pretty good care, and if you feel so inclined, feel free to supplement it. The Obama answer is to use a major portion of the funding to fund his pet priject, which is ultimately UHC.

Don't the old folks have a fairly decent health care program? I think it called Medicare or something like that. Provides pretty good care, and if you feel so inclined, feel free to supplement it. The Obama answer is to use a major portion of the funding to fund his pet priject, which is ultimately UHC.

Your champion ...Paul Ryan ...tried using that spin during the last election...remember?
Remember him trying to tell granny Obama was going to gut medicare to fund Obama care......how did that work out for ya!

I'm actually liking the right-wing echo chamber ...because in that bubble you guys are pre-occupied fooling yourselves...while Obama get things done!! :mrgreen:

:lamo Right Wing kooks :shock: .....if the Right Wing are kooks. That makes the left the idjits, no getting round that at all then.

Bring on Hillary.....we can't wait to get the Dead face of Every American that Died in Benghazi back out on her plate. Including the US Ambassador she sent to his death. Then we will go after the mental capacity and all those stairs she fell down. Hitting her head and causing her ass to stutter and forget most of what she didn't know about anyways. What a fricken joke. :lol:

Funny....gee where did I see this before? Oh yeah ....it was just last year when you people were sssooo sure Obama wouldn't get a 2nd term!
I couldn't stop laughing when even FAUX news saw the writing on the wall and carl Rove kept insisting ...it wasn't over ...Romney can still win heh-heh-heh!!

wah-wah-wah ....I want my country back....sob-sob-sob :lamo

Funny....gee where did I see this before? Oh yeah ....it was just last year when you people were sssooo sure Obama wouldn't get a 2nd term!
I couldn't stop laughing when even FAUX news saw the writing on the wall and carl Rove kept insisting ...it wasn't over ...Romney can still win heh-heh-heh!!

wah-wah-wah ....I want my country back....sob-sob-sob :lamo

Yeah yeah and where did I see the Democrats **** on Hillary before.....oh yeah, when they all said screw you Hillary and Put Obama up there. When she had a Chance to win it all. Passed her over like she was some Lint. Some Dustbunny that rolled across the floor. :lol:

Not like the its the First time the Democrats have stuck it to their own. They have been doing this since the First became a party. Which none can forget all those Ethical Problems they have.

Not to mention.....this time there will be No Romney running for the GOP. Nor will there be any cries or whining about Buuuuuush.

Face it after 8yrs of Obama and Democrats and being complete failures with all they talk about and touch. You will be lucky if they ever vote a Democrat into Office Again. One thing they will say. Obama didn't solve any problems for this Country. He created 5 times more than what there already was. You best hope Obama doesn't ruin the Democrats with his Own Political action group.

One thing is also certain. Wont be the GOP candidate hurting for money.

Back
Top Bottom