• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama prepared to name gay bar a national monument [W:89]

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
President Barack Obama is preparing to designate the Stonewall Inn in New York the first national monument dedicated to gay rights.

That’s according to two individuals familiar with the Obama administration’s plans. The individuals weren’t authorized to discuss the plans publicly and requested anonymity.

The tavern in Greenwich Village was the site of a 1969 uprising widely viewed as the start of the gay rights movement. Proposals being considered would cover a small park on the street where the bar is located and the surrounding area.

GOPUSA ? Obama prepared to name gay bar a national monument

This is what obama means by transforming America.

Taking a small minority group and enabling them to bully the majority, with their perversion! Un****ingbelievable!

Taking a small minority group and enabling them to bully the majority, with their perversion! Un****ingbelievable!

Oh god! A gay national monument! So much bullying! Us straight people are so oppressed!

*sarcasm off*
Get the **** over yourself.

Staying away from your assertion that its a perversion (because we'll never agree on that), how is this bullying? In fact, how is recognizing that everyone has the same rights, and no one should be discriminated against, bullying the majority? Recognizing that everyone has the same rights as citizens of the Untied States of America is in no way an attack on anyone. Stating that gay people should not be allowed to exercise their natural and human rights... that, is bullying and an attack upon them.

How are we gays trying to 'bully' the majority? And how are we 'perverted' in your opinion?

Oh god! A gay national monument! So much bullying! Us straight people are so oppressed!

*sarcasm off*

I think he is afraid of having something jammed down his throat (and liking it)

*sarcasm off*

No they aren't oppressed, but they are constantly bombarded with a perversion that some would like to push is normal...it ain't! I don't give a **** what the psychobabble folks say in the DMSIV, it's a mental illness. Most of them are uber-liberal gays, themselves.

Staying away from your assertion that its a perversion (because we'll never agree on that), how is this bullying? In fact, how is recognizing that everyone has the same rights, and no one should be discriminated against, bullying the majority? Recognizing that everyone has the same rights as citizens of the Untied States of America is in no way an attack on anyone. Stating that gay people should not be allowed to exercise their natural and human rights... that, is bullying and an attack upon them.

Just another way to assert them as normal......that's a form of bullying in iteself. If some dumbass kid in school can cyberbully, obama can do the same thing by doing this crap!

How are we gays trying to 'bully' the majority? And how are we 'perverted' in your opinion?

By shoving your perverted agenda down our throats on a variety of avenues, as normal. Pun intended.

I think he is afraid of having something jammed down his throat (and liking it)

Not at all, I'd whack it off first with my K-Bar! And you can take that to the bank!

What is it with people and monuments anyway? I just don't get it.

Last edited:

Besides gay marriage and adoption what was apparently wrong and needing to be done?

By shoving your perverted agenda down our throats on a variety of avenues, as normal. Pun intended.

To be fair, most of the stuff you're talking about was done by straight liberals.

Last time I checked I don't shove nothin' down nobody's throats.

And I am not perverted. Being gay is not perverted. I'm simply a girl who just so happens to like other girls. There's nothing ****ing wrong with that at all, nor is it a abnormal behavior.

.....the Inn was designated a National Historic Landmark in 2000....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonewall_Inn

The Stonewall Inn, National Historic Landmark
National Register Number: 99000562
http://tps.cr.nps.gov/nhl/detail.cfm?ResourceId=-1888210723&ResourceType=Site

Stonewall is nationally significant because it is associated with events that outstandingly represent the struggle for civil rights in America. The nominated sites encompasses a several block area in Greenwich Village that was the location of a series of events, collectively known as Stonewall, that occurred between June 28 and July 3, 1969. Stonewall is regarded as the single most important event that led to the modern movement for gay and lesbian civil rights.

"The Stonewall Rebellion that began on June 28, 1969, at the Stonewall Inn, is the watershed moment in the history of the modern gay and lesbian civil rights movement. Stonewall marked the first time that gays and lesbians as a group forcefully and vocally asserted their rights to equality under the law. The events of Stonewall opened the door for millions of gay and lesbian Americans to begin pressing for full and equal civil rights. Indeed, within a few short years of Stonewall, thousands of gay and lesbian civil rights organizations had sprung up all across America. This historic site, which is commemorated annually in thousands of parades and festivals around the world, must be recognized as a truly significant place in the history of the modern civil rights movement. In June 1999, the Stonewall Inn was listed on the National Register of Historic Places for its historic significance to gay and lesbian history.

The event was significant from the day it occurred - creating changes in gay people's lives immediately. On the one-week anniversary, there was a gay march. On the first year anniversary, the first gay pride march was held in New York City, as well as in other cities. The name "Stonewall" has been used very widely - even internationally - to mark gay pride events. The 15th anniversary saw a post office commemoration of the event. An estimated crowd of more than 500,000 people participated in the 25th Anniversary Stonewall March in New York City." At 30 years, in June of 1999, Stonewall was listed on the National Register of Historic Places and then as a National Historic Landmark, recognizing the significance of the events that took place in 1969." *

https://www.nps.gov/diversity/stonewall.htm

Log Cabin Republicans | Log Cabin Republicans Asks: “Where do you REALLY Stand, Mr. Trump?”

:lamo

In the Meantime....

Last edited:
Last time I checked I don't shove nothin' down nobody's throats.

And I am not perverted. Being gay is not perverted. I'm simply a girl who happens to like other girls. There's nothing ****ing wrong with that at all.

Not to be picky here, but it depends on how you look at it.

Perverted:

(of a person or their actions) characterized by sexually abnormal and unacceptable practices or tendencies.

Abnormal:

deviating from what is normal or usual, typically in a way that is undesirable or worrying.

Normal:

conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected.

the usual, average, or typical state or condition.

:shrug:

Obama prepared to name gay bar a national monument

good. opponents of gay / trans civil rights need to choose another hill to die on. i work with a bunch of twenty somethings, and they don't even give a **** about sexual orientation one way or the other. gay people aren't going to be forced back into the closet.

trollbait.jpg

959a0d65cf8d72132ac7d03e2bf4761c.jpg

Like I said, it was mostly straight liberals forcing it down everyone's throat. Thanks for proving my point.

Better. [emoji12] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

(I watched Sakura Trick before, too.)

I only watched the first couple episodes. Too many other good shows that season, so I dropped it due to time constraints. Was not bad, but not great.

And I totally did not expect you to know what show it was from, totally shocked by that.

President Barack Obama is preparing to designate the Stonewall Inn in New York the first national monument dedicated to gay rights.

That’s according to two individuals familiar with the Obama administration’s plans. The individuals weren’t authorized to discuss the plans publicly and requested anonymity.

The tavern in Greenwich Village was the site of a 1969 uprising widely viewed as the start of the gay rights movement. Proposals being considered would cover a small park on the street where the bar is located and the surrounding area.

GOPUSA ? Obama prepared to name gay bar a national monument

:scared:

So, this is a problem... why?

I only watched the first couple episodes. Too many other good shows that season, so I dropped it due to time constraints. Was not bad, but not great.

And I totally did not expect you to know what show it was from, totally shocked by that.

I watched it all the way through. I thought it was alright, but honestly it wasn't near as bad as some of the other anime shows out there. And I wasn't really expecting it to be on the level of Code Geass or Attack on Titan or anything.

And I am sort of a anime fiend. But honestly, I find a lot of anime shows to be absolutely nonsensical and terrible, there's only a select few that I can actually stand to watch the whole way through without cringing horribly. Or even anime that has like a insane amount of violence, like Corpse Party.

I watched it all the way through. I thought it was alright, but honestly it wasn't near as bad as some of the other anime shows out there. And I wasn't really expecting it to be on the level of Code Geass or Attack on Titan or anything.

And I am sort of a anime fiend. But honestly, I find a lot of anime shows to be absolutely nonsensical and terrible, there's only a select few that I can actually stand to watch the whole way through without cringing horribly. Or even anime that has like a insane amount of violence, like Corpse Party.

Have you watched Flying Witch this season? I prefer the slower, slice of life anime without blood or boobs myself(I am 51, most anime is aimed at teens), and Flying Witch is perfect for me.

Have you watched Flying Witch this season? I prefer the slower, slice of life anime without blood or boobs myself(I am 51, most anime is aimed at teens), and Flying Witch is perfect for me.
I've never actually heard of Flying Witch before. I might go and check it out when I get the chance.

And I'm pretty much fine with the blood overall, just in certain cases like Corpse Party (never again will I watch that) just have too much of it. But anime with blood like Attack on Titian i'm totally fine with. But my main problem is with the excessive boobs sometimes in anime. I'm personally completely fine with sexual content, but sometime they just have too much of it, to the point where it just bogs down the story.

Back
Top Bottom