• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama Played Cards During Osama Raid; 'I Can’t Watch This Entire Thing,' Obama Said

trfjr

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Reggie Love says he and President Obama played cards during the Osama bin Laden raid, and that the president told him, "I can't watch this entire thing."

“Most people were like down in the Situation Room and [President Obama] was like, ‘I’m not going to be down there, I can’t watch this entire thing,’ We must have played 15 games of spades," said Love at a public event.

Love: Obama Played Cards During Osama Raid; 'I Can

A real Commander-in-Chief would have never played cards during a major military action to go after the number one wanted terrorist in the world. Obama is not a leader....he is just plain dispicable.

Re: Obama Played Cards During Osama Raid; 'I Can’t Watch This Entire Thing,' Obama Sa

A real Commander-in-Chief would have never played cards during a major military action to go after the number one wanted terrorist in the world. Obama is not a leader....he is just plain dispicable.

As much as I despise Obama I have to give him a pass on this. Once things were in motion there was nothing he could do but wait and wonder hoping things went well and it wasn't a huge trap that got all the SEALs killed. Playing cards to pass time isn't a big deal IMO. Personally I'd have taken a walk but if cards and ciggs is how you cope with stress so be it.

Re: Obama Played Cards During Osama Raid; 'I Can’t Watch This Entire Thing,' Obama Sa

Really? Because I find that solitaire is a great way to pass the time, rather than sitting twiddling my thumbs. You know, at some point, idiots are going to criticize him for taking a **** at the White House.

And now for the rest of the story....

"....Also interesting was Love’s description of how that all-important day was spent: Love said Obama usually worked half days on weekends, but on the day of the raid—Sunday, May 1, 2011—he and Obama spent the entire day at the White House “until almost midnight.” Love added that when he left the White House later that night, after the president delivered news of bin Laden’s death, “there were thousands of people out on Pennsylvania Avenue, people crying and cheering. It was a very powerful, moving day.”

We should be clear that Love didn’t specify which parts of the Situation Room activities Obama chose to skip. There is the famous photo published by the White House showing him in the room during what appears to be the climax of the raid:

President-Obama-watched-Osama-bin-laden-raid-in-real-time-02.jpg

So how long did the actual raid take? All day or less than an hour?

If he as with Reggie,I doubt they were playing cards.

Since he doesn't have military training I doubt he had anything of value to contribute during the raid. Bogus issue.

A real Commander-in-Chief is the person who after making a campaign pledge to get Osama actually fullfilled the pledge; he didn't simply say "Wanted Dead or Alive" and forget about him like the previous president did.

Playing cards is an excellant way to releave the nervous tention, by the way.

Once the dice have left your hand, what else is there to do?

let's say it was true ....isn't that less significant than playing "ROMPER ROOM"...while the country was under attack on 911?:3oops:

What was there to watch?

Were there live cameras recoring and broadcasting the event in real time?

Back
Top Bottom