• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama Orders Your HIV Test

HIV Executive Order:
Executive Order -- HIV Care Continuum Initiative | The White House

Based on these and other data, recommendations for HIV testing and treatment have changed. The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force now recommends that clinicians screen all individuals ages 15 to 65 years for HIV, and the Department of Health and Human Services Guidelines for Use of Antiretroviral Agents now recommends offering treatment to all adolescents and adults diagnosed with HIV.

In light of these data, we must further clarify and focus our national efforts to prevent and treat HIV infection. It is the policy of my Administration that agencies implementing the Strategy prioritize addressing the continuum of HIV care, including by accelerating efforts to increase HIV testing, services, and treatment along the continuum. This acceleration will enable us to meet the goals of the Strategy and move closer to an AIDS-free generation.

Sec. 2. Establishment of the HIV Care Continuum Initiative. There is established the HIV Care Continuum Initiative (Initiative), to be overseen by the Director of the Office of National AIDS Policy.

Sec. 3. Establishment of the HIV Care Continuum Working Group. There is established the HIV Care Continuum Working Group (Working Group) to support the Initiative.

(c) Functions. As part of the Initiative, the Working Group shall:

(i) request and review information from agencies describing efforts to improve testing, care, and treatment outcomes, and determine if there is appropriate emphasis on addressing the HIV care continuum in relation to other work concerning the domestic epidemic;

(ii) review research on improving outcomes along the HIV care continuum;

(iii) obtain input from Federal grantees, affected communities, and other stakeholders to inform strategies to improve outcomes along the HIV care continuum;

(iv) identify potential impediments to improving outcomes along the HIV care continuum, including for populations at greatest risk for HIV infection, based on the efforts undertaken pursuant to paragraphs (i), (ii), and (iii) of this subsection;

(v) identify opportunities to address issues identified pursuant to paragraph (iv) of this subsection, and thereby improve outcomes along the HIV care continuum;

(vi) recommend ways to integrate efforts to improve outcomes along the HIV care continuum with other evidence-based strategies to combat HIV; and

(vii) specify how to better align and coordinate Federal efforts, both within and across agencies, to improve outcomes along the HIV care continuum.

No - the order declares that the government cares about HIV, wants to find ways to continue to reduce HIV/AIDS.
To do so - they've created two entities: HIV Care Continuum Initiative and the HIV Care Continuum Work Group.

The work group will then analyze anything related to HIV per the roman-numeral list above and figure out how best to address this via doctors, etc.

It doesn't demand anyone go and get tested - and in the future it does not permit that to happen, either.

HIV Executive Order:
Executive Order -- HIV Care Continuum Initiative | The White House

No - the order declares that the government cares about HIV, wants to find ways to continue to reduce HIV/AIDS.
To do so - they've created two entities: HIV Care Continuum Initiative and the HIV Care Continuum Work Group.

The work group will then analyze anything related to HIV per the roman-numeral list above and figure out how best to address this via doctors, etc.

It doesn't demand anyone go and get tested - and in the future it does not permit that to happen, either.

Where and how does it do that?

Where and how does it do that?

I read it - where and how does it DO that? For it to DO that they need to alter it, make other decisions, etc. That is not the purpose nor an 'accidental wording' of this bill as is implied.

In fact - the title of the article isn't even supported BY the article itself. It doesn't prove this argument, it does, however, draw rash and random connections between strange things 'as evidence'

It devolves and says this in the end:

“In 1962, the US Senate received a report concerning chemical and biological warfare,” Posel writes. “This is the government contract where HIV-like and Ebola-like viruses were bio-engineered by the US military and the bioweapons contracting lab Biomedics. They were producing viral cancer in monkeys that could then be used through genetic engineering to infect humans.”

Her conclusion makes absolute sense. “HIV/AIDS has been developed as a bio-weapon of mass depopulation capabilities, but now the global Elite are stepping up their intention with their research into the abilities of the human immune system. Specifics could result in a “vaccine” that would cause the human immune system to become ineffective. By claiming there is a pandemic, the global Elite could justify the need for mass immunizations. This would leave every person inoculated under threat of becoming deathly ill from even simple exposure to the common cold.”

Paranoia at it's finest, honestly. This is the same senseless fear that keeps parents from inoculating their children and then they wonder why they actually get things like Mump and Whooping Cough

that is a perversion of the word recommendation. Do you understand recommendation is not a requirement, but rather a suggestion? The sky is not falling here.

Why is the government making recommendations? Why is it their business? How can you use an executive order this way? Anyone have any answers?

Last edited:
that is a perversion of the word recommendation. Do you understand recommendation is not a requirement, but rather a suggestion? The sky is not falling here.

Yes! yes! yes! it's just a recommendation!!!

And why is the govt making recommendations? because it's their job to analyze health trends and let us know what we should be aware of ! they also recommend flu shots, polio vaccinations, etc!

This is not some govt plot!

And seriously - anyone who has multiple sex partners should ABSOLUTELY be getting HIV tests. I'll be much more strident than the govt on this one!!! Get your butt in to be tested every six months!

Why do they care? How is it their business?

Yes! yes! yes! it's just a recommendation!!!

And why is the govt making recommendations? because it's their job to analyze health trends and let us know what we should be aware of ! they also recommend flu shots, polio vaccinations, etc!

Where is this job listed? I can't find a power that allows the government to be involved in healthcare or analyzing health trends.

The biggest question is how can you use an executive order this way??

Why is the government making recommendations? Why is it their business? How can you use an executive order this way? Anyone have any answers?

The government makes recommendations in health care, especially for things like infectious diseases. It is not terribly odd or uncommon for them to do it. We have a whole branch of government dedicated to disease spreading because reaction from the government on these issues may actually save lives. that organization is called the CDC.

The biggest question is how can you use an executive order this way??

It is called a recommendation, settle down. no one is being ordered to do anything, no matter how many times you say executive order.

The government makes recommendations in health care, especially for things like infectious diseases. It is not terribly odd or uncommon for them to do it. We have a whole branch of government dedicated to disease spreading because reaction from the government on these issues may actually save lives. that organization is called the CDC.

That doesn't really answer the question. They could do tons of things that could save lives. That is hardly considered as a valid reason.

It is called a recommendation, settle down. no one is being ordered to do anything, no matter how many times you say executive order.

I don't see how the executive order can be used for such a purpose.

That doesn't really answer the question. They could do tons of things that could save lives. That is hardly considered as a valid reason.

I chose not to freak out over the government recommending doctors test for a communicable fatal disease that shows few to no signs for long periods of time allowing for easy spread in uninformed carriers. It is a recommendation and helps us all out. making sure it is covered by health plans also seems to be a good thing. Can you tell us a reason why this is bad, or are you just government bad no matter what?

Why do they care? How is it their business?

Why shouldn't they care?

I appreciate that our government takes certain things so seriously. Something that is capable of destroying one's autoimmune system is a significant threat. . . as are many other things such as typhoid fever, polio and rubella.

Or do I need to explain to an adult why you DON'T want to contract such things?

Why shouldn't they care?

I appreciate that our government takes certain things so seriously. Something that is capable of destroying one's autoimmune system is a significant threat. . . as are many other things such as typhoid fever, polio and rubella.

Or do I need to explain to an adult why you DON'T want to contract such things?

For one because they lack the authority to concern themselves with our health. For another because it has nothing to do with our rights or our liberty if we get sick from disease.

I guess the left can't recall a "recommendation" ever becoming a mandate? Even though the "mandate" is the crux of their hole health care agenda.

I chose not to freak out over the government recommending doctors test for a communicable fatal disease that shows few to no signs for long periods of time allowing for easy spread in uninformed carriers.

I chose to understand the government has no business making recommendations to doctors.

It is a recommendation and helps us all out. making sure it is covered by health plans also seems to be a good thing. Can you tell us a reason why this is bad, or are you just government bad no matter what?

How is forcing insurance companies to cover everything people need a good thing? Do they not have the right to practice their business the way they see fit and offer services they desire to offer? Why is insurance companies the governments little bitch? Why is the government making business decisions for insurance companies? Why are we not respecting the rights of insurance companies owners?

Back
Top Bottom