• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Obama one point below Eisenhower in last pre-election Gallup poll

Einzige

Elitist as Hell.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Last Gallup approval before election, outgoing two-termers:
Dwight Eisenhower 58%
Ronald Reagan 51%
Bill Clinton 57%
George W Bush 25%
Barack Obama 57%

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval | Gallup

Granted, it's a weak correlation to the eventual election - Nixon and Gore both lost their elections. But it's still better to be a Democrat following Obama than a Republican following Bush II.

Between where stock prices have gone - up - and where gas prices and unemployment have gone - down, with unemployment being lower in the last 13 consecutive months than it was in every single month of Ronald Reagan's Presidency, one could make the case for Obama being one of the great "boom" - in the economic sense, not the generational sense (!) - Presidents of all time.

Yet the right-wing media has largely succeeded in painting this picture of the economy being "terrible" under this President - the worst it has been since the Depression in fact.

Well lets not forget how he repealed the 2nd amendment and took all our guns, and how he's not even American, and how he's a pork eating alcohol drinking Muslim who imposed Sharia over the constitution, or how he helped the terrorists win, by causing 9/11 and after Dubya took out Bin Laden! Plus he wiped his butt on the constitution and he forced the republicans to obstruct everything including the judge he nominated, who is a clear communist who wants to kill babies!

Plus I hear he's gonna call off the election and set himself up as dictator, haven't you seen the FEMA camps and martial law going on?

Well lets not forget how he repealed the 2nd amendment and took all our guns, and how he's not even American, and how he's a pork eating alcohol drinking Muslim who imposed Sharia over the constitution, or how he helped the terrorists win, by causing 9/11 and after Dubya took out Bin Laden! Plus he wiped his butt on the constitution and he forced the republicans to obstruct everything including the judge he nominated, who is a clear communist who wants to kill babies!

Plus I hear he's gonna call off the election and set himself up as dictator, haven't you seen the FEMA camps and martial law going on?

Some people on the far-right have wasted a lot of people's time and patience with BS remarks the entire 8 years that Obama has been in the White House.

I predict that we'll hear the same kind of BS for the next 8 year's with Clinton.

I hope that the USA does as well with Clinton as it has with Obama.

Dwight Eisenhower 58%
Ronald Reagan 51%
Bill Clinton 57%
George W Bush 25%
Barack Obama 57%

Granted, it's a weak correlation to the eventual election - Nixon and Gore both lost their elections. But it's still better to be a Democrat following Obama than a Republican following Bush II.

Between where stock prices have gone - up - and where gas prices and unemployment have gone - down, with unemployment being lower in the last 13 consecutive months than it was in every single month of Ronald Reagan's Presidency, one could make the case for Obama being one of the great "boom" - in the economic sense, not the generational sense (!) - Presidents of all time.

Yet the right-wing media has largely succeeded in painting this picture of the economy being "terrible" under this President - the worst it has been since the Depression in fact.

I am not going to comment on the the health of the economy or the impacts down stream from this President's activities or lack thereof.

But looking at Clinton's 57 percent tells any literate that those numbers were missing the signals, signs and realty they were facing. Those people did not recognise the time bomb they were being left on their hands.

Is that why Saint Ronald of Reagan had a lower pre-election approval rating than any of Eisenhower, Clinton or Obama?

Some people on the far-right have wasted a lot of people's time and patience with BS remarks the entire 8 years that Obama has been in the White House.

I predict that we'll hear the same kind of BS for the next 8 year's with Clinton.

I hope that the USA does as well with Clinton as it has with Obama.

If it does do so it will be because Obama defeated Hillary in '08 and held this country together as it was flying apart at the seams due to the aggressive idiocy of the politics of the Bush-Clinton Era.

I suspect his approval rating is more a reflection of the two people seeking his office than anything he has done

For 8 years the Republicans, and their allies have spewed nothing but hate at Obama.

And all it's got them was Trump. lol

IMO it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch..

You can't trust the polls nowdays, especially Obama polls. No one wants to be the one to bring down the first, "black", president.

Dwight Eisenhower 58%
Ronald Reagan 51%
Bill Clinton 57%
George W Bush 25%
Barack Obama 57%

I think he did a remarkable job, considering the hand he was dealt. We were bordering on the second Great Depression. He had to steer the country through the toughest economical times in a century. He has a good legacy that will wear well with time, I believe. Although Obamacare was, IMO, a failure, it was remarkable that he DID something about health care. At least he tried. And it was successful in some ways. The Republicans could have done something about it, but imo, they didn't think there was a problem.

Despite the financial crisis, almost total obstruction by the opposing party in Congress, being personally attacked vociferously the entire 8 years for his race and citizen status, despite being stuck with the prior administration's problems and wars in the Middle East, he proceeded with a calm, cool manner to do what he thought needed to be done, while being respectful to all citizens and keeping a sense of humor. Few Presidents have been as funny as he was at the White House Press dinners. He's a good man, a good leader, even if I don't agree with all that he's done.

You can rest assured that there will be no tape of Obama bragging about "grabbing women's p___ies" because he's a star and can get away with it. Or saying that American prisoners of war like McCain are not heroes. Or attacking personally fallen American veterans because they were muslim. Obama appealed to our better nature, not our worst. At least he tried to.

Dwight Eisenhower 58%
Ronald Reagan 51%
Bill Clinton 57%
George W Bush 25%
Barack Obama 57%

I'm more disappointed in the American people that they would have his poll numbers that high. Obama hasn't been terrible but he's nowhere near worthy of having those numbers. His foreign policy has been atrocious but since foreign policy is something that doesn't affect People directly it's not surprising. Disappointing but not surprising.

Back
Top Bottom