• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama mocks trump: White house is not 'reality tv'...

...OBAMA HAS APPEARED ON COMEDY AND REALITY SHOWS 51 TIMES...

Obama on Trump: This isn't reality TV - POLITICO

So Obama's point went over your head. By the way, most of those 51 times he was on "reality and comedy shows(loosely defined, for example multiple time on Mythbusters, which does not really qualify as either a reality show nor a comedy show, but I realize you do not question what you want to be true) was as an interview subject. It tends to be a good idea to check facts before you repost something stupid.

He's just following Trumps example. Imitation is the highest form of flattery after all.

...OBAMA HAS APPEARED ON COMEDY AND REALITY SHOWS 51 TIMES...

Obama on Trump: This isn't reality TV - POLITICO

Some nerve of Obama to demand that Trump meet standards that he never had to meet. He was given a complete pass on being vetted by the news media when it came to his past. He never had to spell out his policy proposals in any detail, keeping to vague feel-good aphorisms that meant nothing. And the fact of the matter is that he has taken advantage of multiple entertainment venues to sell his message and improve his image.

Given the standards set by Obama for the job, Trump is a shoe-in.

I completely agree that the President ought to be a person of proven ability and character who has a firm grasp of the policy options. But Obama isn't the person to preach about it. The lack of self-awareness that Obama displays by making that statement is breathtaking.

Some nerve of Obama to demand that Trump meet standards that he never had to meet. He was given a complete pass on being vetted by the news media when it came to his past. He never had to spell out his policy proposals in any detail, keeping to vague feel-good aphorisms that meant nothing. And the fact of the matter is that he has taken advantage of multiple entertainment venues to sell his message and improve his image.

Given the standards set by Obama for the job, Trump is a shoe-in.

I completely agree that the President ought to be a person of proven ability and character who has a firm grasp of the policy options. But Obama isn't the person to preach about it. The lack of self-awareness that Obama displays by making that statement is breathtaking.

I looked for a single statement that was not deceptive, dishonest, or just painfully partisan, and you did not post a single one.

I looked for a single statement that was not deceptive, dishonest, or just painfully partisan, and you did not post a single one.

You are not the gold standard of the truth. My statements are accurate.

You are not the gold standard of the truth. My statements are accurate.

Your first statement of fact: "He was given a complete pass on being vetted by the news media when it came to his past.", which is hilariously untrue. Obama's past was seriously dug into and publicized before the election, even generating some controversy for him. So your dishonesty started right at the beginning.

that's rich coming from someone is more celebrity than president. His two big "accomplishments"(Obamacare and the Iran deal) will barely outlast his own presidency before they whither and die. nice going libs.

that's rich coming from someone is more celebrity than president. His two big "accomplishments"(Obamacare and the Iran deal) will barely outlast his own presidency before they whither and die. nice going libs.
List of accomplishments that I may/you may agree or disagree with

1.)the ACA
2.)Implemented major sanctions on Ira
3.)Iran Deal
4.)Restoring relations with Cuba
5.)Bin Laden mission
6.)Bailout
7.)New START
8.)COP21
9.)Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act
10.)TPP
11.)Repeal of Dont ask dont tell
12.)Resuming STEM Cell research

Your first statement of fact: "He was given a complete pass on being vetted by the news media when it came to his past.", which is hilariously untrue. Obama's past was seriously dug into and publicized before the election, even generating some controversy for him. So your dishonesty started right at the beginning.

You've got to be kidding.

Here's a 10 part series on what didn't get brought up in the media vetting process:

The Obama You Don't Know

This came out after Obama was elected.

He's a summary that came out before he was elected:

We are living witnesses to an incredible media double standard, whereby a Republican vice-presidential candidate’s personal life is being torn apart, while the Democratic presidential candidate continues to get a free ride. Obama has a 30-year history of associating with unsavory characters, beginning with communist Frank Marshall Davis and continuing with Jeremiah Wright and communist terrorists Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn, which should disqualify him from getting a security clearance in the government that he wants to run.

But the media would rather talk about Republicans and sex. Link

Obama avoided a lot of vetting questions when his supporter played the race card:

RealClearPolitics - Articles - Vetting Obama

Meanwhile, Democrats moaned pitifully, "Why the GOP obsession with vetting Obama?" as if asking about his past relationships and loyalties was irrelevant.

So Obama's point went over your head. By the way, most of those 51 times he was on "reality and comedy shows(loosely defined, for example multiple time on Mythbusters, which does not really qualify as either a reality show nor a comedy show, but I realize you do not question what you want to be true) was as an interview subject. It tends to be a good idea to check facts before you repost something stupid.

Obama had a point? I think his point can boil down to my side is good, the other side is not.

no wonder you are chiming in. that point is real Mensa territory

Obama had a point? I think his point can boil down to my side is good, the other side is not.

no wonder you are chiming in. that point is real Mensa territory

Wow. Best irony I've seen in awhile. Thanks.

Obama is the worst ever , so no surprise ! :lol:

Oh, just wait. The worst is yet to come, and the GOP will have only themselves to blame, whichever worst comes.

Obama is the worst ever , so no surprise ! :lol:

I never in God's name ever thought I would say this; as I have been calling out Barry for more than seven years. But, and in the words of a great Canadian guitarist/songwriter Randy Bachman, "you ain't seen nothin' yet"

You've got to be kidding.

Here's a 10 part series on what didn't get brought up in the media vetting process:

The Obama You Don't Know

This came out after Obama was elected.

He's a summary that came out before he was elected:

Obama avoided a lot of vetting questions when his supporter played the race card:

RealClearPolitics - Articles - Vetting Obama

Meanwhile, Democrats moaned pitifully, "Why the GOP obsession with vetting Obama?" as if asking about his past relationships and loyalties was irrelevant.

Did you really use the Washington examiner as a source? Do you ever read anything that does not tell you what you want to hear?

Wow. Best irony I've seen in awhile. Thanks.

Agreed. especially this part:

"With respect to the Republican process and Mr. Trump, there is going to be plenty of time to talk about his positions on various issues. He has a long record that needs to be examined

Even Obama had a longer record. Trump has no record.

Agreed. especially this part:

"With respect to the Republican process and Mr. Trump, there is going to be plenty of time to talk about his positions on various issues. He has a long record that needs to be examined

Even Obama had a longer record. Trump has no record.

He's applying for an entry-level position, apparently. Dammit, Obama had experience in federal politics and his biggest failing was that he wasn't a good enough politician to, as President, work with Congress. Trump would be eaten alive at home, before the foreign leaders got a taste.

Back
Top Bottom