• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama-mask clown gets lifetime Missouri fair ban. Just, or too harsh?[W:395]

Bronson

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Obama-mask clown gets lifetime Missouri fair ban. Just, or too harsh? - CSMonitor.com

Missouri State Fair officials have banned for life the rodeo clown who wore a President Obama mask while facing bulls at the event over the weekend.

The clown in question engaged in an “unconscionable stunt” and will never perform at the Show Me state venue again, the Missouri State Fair Commission said Monday, in a statement. Fair officials are also reviewing their contract with the Missouri Rodeo Cowboy Association, the contractor responsible for hiring and overseeing bull ring clowns.

Thrones-creators-apologize-for-putting-fake-Bush-head-on-a-pike.jpg

It is freedom of expression and humor. I don't understand the big deal.

Isn't there a thread on this already? In any event, chose the wrong joke for the wrong crowd.

point-break-nixon-carter-reagan-johnson-expresidents.JPG

The mask is nothing new.

But the way we are treating satire is new. At least in the USA.

Even clowns aren't allowed to be funny, or make fun of anyone who is deemed that important anymore. We have lost our sense of humor, and become overly sensitive to politicians, which makes no sense whatsoever. After all, politicians are essentially the biggest bunch of clowns in the country these days. ;)

Between this guy and the poor gal in Switzerland, don't you just love how the high and mighty trounce on the little guy?

Such big dragons these snakes in the grass be...

Wonder if they will not allow his egg in the clown intellectual property thingy

Don't you know that anything short of ass kissing praise for The One is racist?

Missouri's close to being broke. Last year's drought really destroyed a lot of farms. This pretty much means Missouri is the Imperial Government's [female dog].

The Imperial Government frowns on this clown's shenanigans, and Lord Obama demands a sacrifice. Missouri bends over and allows freedom of speech to die as it did in mid-30's Germany.

Missouri's close to being broke. Last year's drought really destroyed a lot of farms. This pretty much means Missouri is the Imperial Government's [female dog].

The Imperial Government frowns on this clown's shenanigans, and Lord Obama demands a sacrifice. Missouri bends over and allows freedom of speech to die as it did in mid-30's Germany.

Obama really has nthing to do with this.... the action, a summary banishment, was undertaken by the MO, state fair commission director.. and backed up by the rest of the commission..

Obama really has nthing to do with this.... the action, a summary banishment, was undertaken by the MO, state fair commission director.. and backed up by the rest of the commission..
Well, yes...I never meant that 0bama picked up a phone and called. However, I do think intimidation was in order. It's still a silencing of free speech. For those who call him a kook, or crazy...fine. Call him that, but don't punish someone just because he doesn't think like you do.

Watching the reaction and response to this is like taking crazy pills. Its f-ing nuts and the crap coming out of people's mouths is just simply retarded. Its a friggin joke, a guy in a mask entertaining a crowd.

We've really entered the silly season with this one. I'm in total awe that a US Senator actually responded to this....friggin crazy.

Seems a silly thing to get banned for *shrug*.

Just a side note: I live < 1 mile from the state fair grounds.

View attachment 67152041

The mask is nothing new.

But the way we are treating satire is new. At least in the USA.

They're (republicans and democrats) are acting like a bunch of totalitarians (cult of personality)..... The republicans in government are trying to prove to the fascist totalitarian progressives that they're "not racist" and the progressives are treating the matter like their "dear leader chairman Mao" was just desecrated...

I'm disgusted by everyone involved except for the rodeo clown......

What pisses me off is NOT ONE DAMN PROGRESSIVE has even defended the First Amendment on all the media sites I have been at that reported on this event...

Seems a silly thing to get banned for *shrug*.

Just a side note: I live < 1 mile from the state fair grounds.

Go vandalize it - I would....

A conspiracy? Doesn't seem realistic. Things just get weirder every day.

And what exactly is a "Libbo"?

View attachment 67152052

Of course you don't see it...

I wouldn't expect anyone who posts memes or asks "whats a libbo" to see it because you're part of it... And "it" is your tolerance for our government oppressing other individuals for exercising dissent against progressives...

Of course you don't see it...

I wouldn't expect anyone who posts memes or asks "whats a libbo" to see it because you're part of it... And "it" is your tolerance for our government oppressing other individuals for exercising dissent against progressives...

Whatever.

Someone wants to go to the Missouri state fair? They probably shouldn't send him away. :coffeepap

Seems silly.

You can go to a FEMA camp for supporting a tyrannical government...

Back
Top Bottom