• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama lashes BP chief, media over oil disaster

It's not eh place of the US President to say something like that. The point is he's not being Presidential at all. It's okay for a Jr. House member to shoot of remarks like this, even a rookie Senator. Leader of the Freeworld? No.

This coming from someone who defended Bush for invading a country, that didn't attack us, based on lies causing thousands of Americans to be killed. This coming from someone who defended Bush for taking no action against those in his administration who conspired to out a CIA spy thus putting people's lives in danger. That's rich! :roll:

He's standing up for the American people against a company that has raped our environment, destroyed people's livelihoods and caused the deaths of eleven men by arrogantly ignoring accepted, standard safety procedures all to increase their personal wealth.

I'd say that sounds damn presidential to me!
:bravo: :usflag2:

With respect to the article at the beginning of this thread, it is a human tendency to underestimate the scope of an unfolding disaster. Mr. Hayward's initial thinking that the oil leak would be "very, very modest" is par for the course. Keep in mind, even the current Administration underestimated the magnitude of the recession's impact on the unemployment rate. Today, the unemployment rate is notably higher than the initial thinking laid out during the legislative effort to enact the fiscal stimulus. Prior to then, during the previous Administration (and among some Presidential candidates), the idea that the U.S. economy was fundamentally sound was put out and many economists failed to see the unemployment rate exceeding 7.0%-7.5%. Early predictions are far less important than focusing on the problem at hand, namely stemming the leak and then, unpopular as it might be, developing a robust regulatory framework that would ensure that adequate precautions and contingency plans to deal with deepwater accidents are in place. With deepwater drilling likely to increase in the years ahead, especially if research and development of oil alternatives continues to be underemphasized on the policy front, those partaking in such activities should have (1) the capacity to pay for any costs related to accidents/disasters and (2) viable plans for addressing the accidents and mitigating the damage that results before approval is granted or renewed. At the same time, the federal government needs to have adequate equipment/supplies stockpiled at strategic places, mechanisms in place for a near real-time respones, automatic waiver of the Jones Act when such accidents occur, among other things.

This coming from someone who defended Bush for invading a country, that didn't attack us, based on lies causing thousands of Americans to be killed. This coming from someone who defended Bush for taking no action against those in his administration who conspired to out a CIA spy thus putting people's lives in danger. That's rich! :roll:

He's standing up for the American people against a company that has raped our environment, destroyed people's livelihoods and caused the deaths of eleven men by arrogantly ignoring accepted, standard safety procedures all to increase their personal wealth.

Oh look ADK is mouth foaming about bush, while never being critical of obama..... Cheerleading is fun. :thumbs:

Nothing of substance in yet another post...
:doh

Seriously d00d, here you have Obama ****ting the bed on the BP oil spill and all you can do is attack another poster with your boilerplate bush bashing. Get over it, he's not the president anymore, and the gulf coast is being destroyed while obama fiddles with not waiving the jones act and playing a game of brinkmanship with BP.

Do you think it's intelligent to try to bankrupt the one company that will have the means to pay out the claims? Do you think it's intelligent to keep in place the Jones act when we have dozens of countries willing to help?

Jeez, one would think you the biggest partisan hack on the board would even see that Obama is has ****ed this all up and needs to un**** himself. rengal, carville, and many other lefties have, yet you sit there in your blind partisan hack ways, and say nothing critical of your god king. Pathetic.

Will restore honor to the presidency...........
Will be one of our greatest presidents..........

Yeah, right.

Last edited:
Get over it, he's not the president anymore

Thank God for that. Yet, his crimes continue to impact my country. And yet you still defend your hero.

Jeez, one would think you the biggest partisan hack

Looking in the mirror again? Can you make one post without your childish name calling.
:roll: How far back would we go to find a post of yours without name calling?

and say nothing critical of your god king. Pathetic.

If you had an honest bone in your body you would admit that I did lay blame for this on Obama... but... we have come to expect no such integrity from the biggest bully on the forum.

Thank God for that. Yet, his crimes continue to impact my country. And yet you still defend your hero.

[]

This is a lie, I actually have stated on numerous threads that I blame the last 3 administrations for dropping the ball on the 1994 plan.

FAIL

Looking in the mirror again? Can you make one post without your childish name calling. [/B]:roll: How far back would we go to find a post of yours without name calling?

You like to whine. :lamo

If you had an honest bone in your body you would admit that I did lay blame for this on Obama... but... we have come to expect no such integrity from the biggest bully on the forum.

Please quote and link to you blaming Obama. I'll wait. :ssst:

This is a lie, I actually have stated on numerous threads that I blame the last 3 administrations for dropping the ball on the 1994 plan.

Yet, here you are defending him again.

Please quote and link to you blaming Obama. I'll wait.

It's not my job today to spoon feed you.

Yet, here you are defending him again.

Can you post without lying?

Link to me defending Bush in this thread. :doh

BTW this is LIE #3 for you today....

It's not my job today to spoon feed you.

So you were lying, again. Thank's for at least admitting it. I suggest you show some integrity and apologize to the forum for lying. it makes for piss poor debate.

I thought the free market could solve everything? ;) What happened to the glorious free market guys? Why does big daddy gubment gotta come down and save you?

And don't forget the millions of innocent Iraqis.

I see ADK has ran from another thread without addressing an opposing view,.

ADK, instead of doing your best seargent stinger 1 impression with your silly bold text, how about addressing the topical portion of post #56?

Moderator's Warning:
Aside from a number of off topic comments, there are numerous messages in this thread that could be infracted. Among other things, members should refrain from personal attacks and making one another the object of their commentary.

Thank you in advance.

Back
Top Bottom