• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama kicks senior citizens out of their homes

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I'm sure the libs will blame republicans, but this one is all on the Obama Administration.

How is it Obama's fault that they live on federal land? Good stretch, but even under your logic Obama has not vetoed a single bill or kept a single thing from being voted on in congress. Typical lies and misrepresentation from the right wing propaganda machine.

This is a Republican shutdown. This is an old Carl Rove tactic. You take your own weakness, and accuse your opponent of that weakness.

Only Republicans of the sort who still believe that Obama isn't an American will believe this is a Democratic Party shutdown. Nuff said.

I think the US Government owns the White House too, for that matter. Maybe he should GTFO.

I would say the Presidential house is an "essential" part of the federal government. Cruz and his foolish followers didn't give this shutdown much thought, it seems. They're not very good at governing.

I think the US Government owns the White House too, for that matter. Maybe he should GTFO.

while we're at it, let's close the Congress down - that's government too, right? Send the occupants home, and start over with a new election.

I would say the Presidential house is an "essential" part of the federal government.

The President's job might be considered essential, his housing, meh. Not essential. OUT. Lots of nice hotels within walking distance of Capitol Hill. Enjoy your stay.

I'm sure the libs will blame republicans, but this one is all on the Obama Administration.

Just convince John Boehner to put a clean CR bill with no stings attached and this will all be settled in a nanosecond. This IS the Republicans fault. Get with the program, Obamacare is a Constitutional law on the books and will stay that way.

The President's job might be considered essential, his housing, meh. Not essential. OUT. Lots of nice hotels within walking distance of Capitol Hill. Enjoy your stay.

Just don't bill us taxpayers for the hotel bill.

How is it Obama's fault that they live on federal land? Good stretch, but even under your logic Obama has not vetoed a single bill or kept a single thing from being voted on in congress. Typical lies and misrepresentation from the right wing propaganda machine.

Sorry, but the decision to force those people out of their homes, the homes they OWN, falls squarely on the executive branch of government, not the legislative one... That would be the Obama Administration.

Obama is using those people as political pawns and is another example of how partisan political gain is the #1 priority of the current administration... Not the well being of the American people.

Hope & Change baby... Hope & Change.

while we're at it, let's close the Congress down - that's government too, right? Send the occupants home, and start over with a new election.

That is too reasonable for America, other countries do it and it works out fine therefore America cannot do it.

To be clear, the Legislative branch is responsible for funding the federal government but it's the Executive branch which decides what is and isn't going to get that funding unless there is a law in place to prevent them from doing so.

In the case of this shutdown the Executive branch is making it a point to make this shutdown as visible as possible without starting riots. For example, they could easily pull USDA inspectors which would stop pretty much all of the food supply or pull the EPA which would cut off the energy supply. They know that if they did either of those things there would be a rebellion and that's the only reason it hasn't been done.

The people of this nation should be taking a good long look at what they have delegated to the federal government and should also be making plans should this regime (or any other) decide to do something really, really stupid. At the very least they should be looking at this and thinking "Gee, do I really want my ability to obtain health coverage tied to a government that could just cut it off if they wanted to?"

The time has come for the people to take a lot of this stuff back. If the federal government either can't or won't handle these things then it falls on the states and the general public to take them over.

Sorry, but the decision to force those people out of their homes, the homes they OWN, falls squarely on the executive branch of government, not the legislative one... That would be the Obama Administration.

Obama is using those people as political pawns and is another example of how partisan political gain is the #1 priority of the current administration... Not the well being of the American people.

Hope & Change baby... Hope & Change.

That is only going to work on the people on the right. Sorry, but it makes no sense.

To be clear, the Legislative branch is responsible for funding the federal government but it's the Executive branch which decides what is and isn't going to get that funding unless there is a law in place to prevent them from doing so.

In the case of this shutdown the Executive branch is making it a point to make this shutdown as visible as possible without starting riots. For example, they could easily pull USDA inspectors which would stop pretty much all of the food supply or pull the EPA which would cut off the energy supply. They know that if they did either of those things there would be a rebellion and that's the only reason it hasn't been done.

The people of this nation should be taking a good long look at what they have delegated to the federal government and should also be making plans should this regime (or any other) decide to do something really, really stupid. At the very least they should be looking at this and thinking "Gee, do I really want my ability to obtain health coverage tied to a government that could just cut it off if they wanted to?"

The time has come for the people to take a lot of this stuff back. If the federal government either can't or won't handle these things then it falls on the states and the general public to take them over.

They are supposed to hurt everyone, not just continue to fund the things the right wants while shutting out the left. You guys seemed to have missed that part of it. It is good that you are recognizing the value of government and perhaps you should concede that it needs funding all over for every program we have made until such time as we chose to end those programs via a direct vote on them.

They are supposed to hurt everyone, not just continue to fund the things the right wants while shutting out the left. You guys seemed to have missed that part of it. It is good that you are recognizing the value of government and perhaps you should concede that it needs funding all over for every program we have made until such time as we chose to end those programs via a direct vote on them.

No, they aren't "supposed to hurt" anybody. That isn't governance, it's a hissy fit.

What needs to happen is that either the government needs to sort out how to meet their obligations with the resources afforded them or they need to turn those obligations back over to the people to handle themselves.

This isn't a freaking dictatorship. The government isn't "in charge of" the people. It's simply the entity that the people have delegated certain responsibilities to and if our "needs" have outpaced our ability to provide for them then it's time for the people to reassess exactly what it is that they need.

No, they aren't "supposed to hurt" anybody. That isn't governance, it's a hissy fit.

What needs to happen is that either the government needs to sort out how to meet their obligations with the resources afforded them or they need to turn those obligations back over to the people to handle themselves.

This isn't a freaking dictatorship. The government isn't "in charge of" the people. It's simply the entity that the people have delegated certain responsibilities to and if our "needs" have outpaced our ability to provide for them then it's time for the people to reassess exactly what it is that they need.

No, the right said that Obamacare is so bad they would need to prove their point by hurting everyone. They thought they could get away with just hurting the left, but when you take a stand of your way or nothing at all, which is what boehner is doing, then you end up hurting everyone. They are just not letting the right get their way while they hurt the left, which is fine for me. Everyone gets hurt by this, and until you realize that is part of the bargain the right has used you for you will keep backing those who hurt you indiscriminently for their own personal gain.

No, the right said that Obamacare is so bad they would need to prove their point by hurting everyone. They thought they could get away with just hurting the left, but when you take a stand of your way or nothing at all, which is what boehner is doing, then you end up hurting everyone. They are just not letting the right get their way while they hurt the left, which is fine for me. Everyone gets hurt by this, and until you realize that is part of the bargain the right has used you for you will keep backing those who hurt you indiscriminently for their own personal gain.

The Republican House passed multiple resolutions which would ahve funded the government with the exception of Obamacare which, I might remind you, is supposed to be self funding.

The Republican House passed multiple resolutions which would ahve funded the government with the exception of Obamacare which, I might remind you, is supposed to be self funding.

You pass a budget to fund everything that has been decided on. You don't hold up the whole damned thing in regards to one issue you didn't have go your way which is exactly what boehner is doing, and no one should succumb to that sort of BS and that would include republicans if the dems decided to just simply not fund their wars or something else and held up the government for that purpose. If the dems ever pull this BS like republicans do I will gladly say they are wrong and chastize them for it also. I have no problems with the republicans trying to repeal obamacare again and again and failing, but if you cannot get it repealed on it's own you do not get to hold everything else hostage with it.

That is only going to work on the people on the right. Sorry, but it makes no sense.

You mean the people on the right are the only ones capable of understanding that the decision to kick those people out of their homes comes from the executive branch of the government, and not the legislative one... I'll make a note of that.

You mean the people on the right are the only ones capable of understanding that the decision to kick those people out of their homes comes from the executive branch of the government, and not the legislative one... I'll make a note of that.

No, I mean only the people on the right think that a government shutdown should effect everyone else and not them like you do. We all get effected, if this bothersd you then please do tell your representatives to fund the whole government and not just try to fund the parts they approve of.

No, I mean only the people on the right think that a government shutdown should effect everyone else and not them like you do. We all get effected, if this bothersd you then please do tell your representatives to fund the whole government and not just try to fund the parts they approve of.

Sorry, but those people should not be effected by the shut down. They own those homes and there is no justification for focing them to vacate.

Back
Top Bottom