• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama kicks senior citizens out of their homes

I suppose it is inconvenient that people can't use their vacation homes during the shutdown. We could end the shutdown.

I'm sure the libs will blame republicans, but this one is all on the Obama Administration....

It would be hard not blame Republicans, since they are enjoying it so much.

:lamo

Sorry, but those people should not be effected by the shut down. They own those homes and there is no justification for focing them to vacate.

They knew they lived on federal land. I do not give a damn what you think, they should live on private land. That is a federal owned thing, and if there is no fed then those people do not get the benefits of having one. If you care about them that much feel free to tell congress that they should do their jobs and pass a clean budget without any BS.

It would be hard not blame Republicans, since they are enjoying it so much.

:lamo

They want to say they are the ones fighting this fight, then they get the blame for fighting this fight. This is over the republican objection to obamacare and it is not the democrats refusing to fund the government, it is the republicans refusing to fund the government until congress removes Obamacare which they have voted 40 times not to. They are the minority, they lost, they now need to get on with things.

They knew they lived on federal land. I do not give a damn what you think, they should live on private land. That is a federal owned thing, and if there is no fed then those people do not get the benefits of having one. If you care about them that much feel free to tell congress that they should do their jobs and pass a clean budget without any BS.

Do you not understand what the word "own" means?

If you purchase a home, the government should have no right to stop you from living in it... I'm very sorry to hear that you think they do, especially since the only reason they are doing this is to play a political "gotcha" game.

Do you not understand what the word "own" means?

If you purchase a home, the government should have no right to stop you from living in it... I'm very sorry to hear that you think they do, even when it's for no other reason than to play politics.

Yeah, we have things like zoning laws and mineral rights and things like that which tell me that you have no idea what own means in the US as per the legal sense of what you actually get. No one can use means no one can use, even the people who are living on land that even the article admits the government owns. Even by your definition the government owns that land. They had some sort of contract which says that the government owns the land they live on, and when the government closes so does it's land.

Yeah, we have things like zoning laws and mineral rights and things like that which tell me that you have no idea what own means in the US as per the legal sense of what you actually get. No one can use means no one can use, even the people who are living on land that even the article admits the government owns. Even by your definition the government owns that land. They had some sort of contract which says that the government owns the land they live on, and when the government closes so does it's land.

Wow... So you approve of the Obama adminisration kicking these people out of their homes just to play politics do you?

I'll make a note of that also.

Wow... So you approve of the Obama adminisration kicking these people out of their homes just to play politics do you?

I'll make a note of that also.

Yes, actions have consequences and your party's actions have made those people suffer. Boehner has the bill in his hand and is holding it not Obama, and that will mean something to other people despite your attempts to make like a terrorist and blame the dems for boehner's action. If he is so sure the votes are not there he should pony it up and have a vote. Prove it with a real vote not with telling us what the vote would be. You can twist it any way you like the american public is sick and tired of it and it is showing. This was a bad idea and next election cycle is going to prove it. Basically it should be put to anyone in a remotely purple district that they better damn well break and fund the government or else they will not be the next one elected.

Let's continue to blame the other party for t he shutdown. Meanwhile, let's shut down t he rest of the country too. Why not close the interstates? They're federal, aren't they? Close the post office. Shut down Congress. Anarchy has worked so well in Somalia, why not try it here? After all, all we have to do is continue to blame the ot her party.

Maybe we could just divide the nation into two, Republicans take half and Democrats take the other half. Start a new government for each half. Build a DMZ down the middle, and recruit partisan zealots to demonstrate on their side of the fence. They could leap, hoot, and point fingers to their heart's content.

Ain't that a great idea?

Back
Top Bottom