• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama: "Islam has always been a part of America 's history."

Councilman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
hqdefault.jpg

These are Palestinians celebrating victory on 9-11-01 and Obama Gives Another 200 Million to the "Palestinians" and you still have questions of his motives?
palestinians-after-9-11.JPG

During his Cairo speech, Obama said:
"I know, too, that Islam has always been a part of America 's history."

That is another huge old lie!

There were no Muslims on the Nina, the Pinta, or Santa Maria.

There were no Muslims on the Mayflower with the Pilgrims at Plymouth Rock.

There were Native Americans.
The first Thanksgiving seemed to have been devoid of any Muslims.

In 1776 it appears there were no Muslims present at the signing of the Declaration Of Independence

They were absent when it was time to sign the Constitution as well.

Needless to say not one Muslim took part in the fight for the Nations freedom from England ?

Muslims missed out on the whole Civil War to free the Slaves in America ? No, In fact, Muslims to this day are the largest traffickers in human Slavery, mostly white women.

Obama's own half brother, a devout Muslim, still advocates slavery.

Hey Obama did you know that Muslims of Arabic descent refer to black
Muslims as "pug nosed slaves." Still want to bow down to Saudi Royals?

By the way this slur would include the Sr. Obama.

Where were Muslims during this country's Woman's Suffrage
fight?

Devout Muslims demand that women are subservient to men in the Islamic culture.

Muslim women are often beaten for not wearing the hajib or for talking to a man who is not a direct family member or their husband.
So much for Muslims and women's rights,

I don't remember seeing any pictures or media accounts of Muslims walking Side by side and arm in arm with Martin Luther King, Jr. Or
Helping to advance the cause of Civil Rights.

Where were Muslims during World Wars I & II? Oh yea they were
Aligned with Adolf Hitler in WW-II. The Muslim Grand mufti himself met with Adolf Hitler, Reviewed the troops and accepted support from
the Nazi's in killing Jews.

Now Obama, where were Muslims on Sept. 11th, 2001? If they weren't flying planes into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon or crashing in a field in Pennsylvania & killing a total of nearly 3,000 right here in our America.
Oh that's right Muslims were dancing in the streets all over the Middle East.
These are the very Muslims who's asses kissed in Cairo, Egypt on June 4th who were silent after 9-11. To Many Americans, their silence has meant approval for the acts of that day.

So Obama does that sound like a "rich Muslim heritage" to anyone?
Now we come to November 5, 2009 at which time Major Nidal Malik Hasan a Muslim terrorist MURDERED 13 and wounded 30 Innocent Good Americans and you and your Administration refused to call him the terrorist he is.

Another peaceful Muslim?

So that is your record of "Muslim heritage" in America

Rich Muslim Heritage? Yes it is but only to another Muslim, but not to a good American.

I had plenty of help on this one.

I can spend time digging up photos and putting together pieces of truth with some of opinion (along with ASSUMED information or statements) just like a divorce lawyer would do to the other side. If this was a court of law what you have about would be tossed out.

These VERY childish threads are cancer for America. If you want to be UN-American a post like this would be great. If you want to spread propaganda this is the way to do it. If you want to make America an ever weakened Nation, this is how ya do it. These threads defeat America, not make it stronger.

I STRONGLY dissagree with these PROPAGANDA threads! I am for a STRONG America.... not a America gripped in civil wars CREATED by Spin Doctors!!! :soap

....If you want to make America an ever weakened Nation, this is how ya do it. These threads defeat America, not make it stronger.

I STRONGLY dissagree with these PROPAGANDA threads! I am for a STRONG America.... not a America gripped in civil wars CREATED by Spin Doctors!!! :soap

The strong and affluent America of the years 1945-2000 is gone. It will never return unless the correlation of external and domestic historical forces which permitted it's creation recur. That is unlikely to occur.

Those who love America would do well to recognize the nature of reality and the historical processes at work.

America can never again be Rome. But if America is lucky, it can become Byzantium.

The strong and affluent America of the years 1945-2000 is gone. It will never return unless the correlation of external and domestic historical forces which permitted it's creation recur. That is unlikely to occur.

Those who love America would do well to recognize the nature of reality and the historical processes at work.

America can never again be Rome. But if America is lucky, it can become Byzantium.

You know what the conditions were that created to our rise to superpower status?

All the competition was bombed to hell from 1939 to 1945.

That's it. When it came time to rebuild, we were the only ones with an intact industrial base. A fluke of geography that kept us out of reach of any attack.

More on topic, if you can even say there is one, is that C-man is just stupidly wrong. So hilariously, stupidly wrong.

The captains of the Nina and Pinta were ****ing Muslim. Lots of Muslim Spaniards came over at that time, many as indentured servants or slaves. Morocco was the first nation to recognize the United States as an independent country. Muslim names are on the list of registered colonial soldiers, fighting for independence. Black African slaves? Many were Muslim.

You made up a bunch of bull****, C-man. Are you going to man up and admit it?

Last edited:
You know what the conditions were that created to our rise to superpower status?

All the competition was bombed to hell from 1939 to 1945.

That's it. When it came time to rebuild, we were the only ones with an intact industrial base. A fluke of geography that kept us out of reach of any attack.

America was lucky. But luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity. The War constituted the opportunity. But there were other factors that constituted the preparation necessary to effectively seize the opportunity.

One of those factors was the character of the American people in earlier eras. They had some measure of shared national identity and common consciousness. What was shared is now completely gone, and imo will never return. America is a country now at war with itself. Nothing is forever.

America was lucky. But luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity. The War constituted the opportunity. But there were other factors that constituted the preparation necessary to effectively seize the opportunity.

One of those factors was the character of the American people in earlier eras. They had some measure of shared national identity and common consciousness. What was shared is now completely gone, and imo will never return. America is a country now at war with itself. Nothing is forever.

We've never had a shared national identity. We've always had partisan bickering. Hell, we've been afraid the communists were infiltrating the country to take us over for about a century now.

"We've never had a shared national identity."

Factionalism is a given, but I'm referring to something that transcended temporary partisan advantage. When I was young America had less than half as many residents as it does now. There was an overwhelming national majority with a mongrelized pan-European identity that had no recollection of anything other than being American. This was the result of the termination of immigration in the twenties, and the consensus on assimilation.

They shared essentially a single culture economically, politically and socially. This created a cohesiveness similar to the cultural cohesiveness of the Han Chinese that exists today, or of the Latins of the Roman Republic. The men and women who raised me were the poor of the Depression, and the victors of WWII.

They were divided economically and politically into classes and parties, but they had a large measure of common consciousness based on shared culture and experience. It is that consciousness that made national unity possible.

White people are different today than they once were. The level of public education has deteriorated for two full generations. Look at how American students compare with students from other countries. This proves that there is a catastrophic failure in public education at the K-12 levels. Whites once had the tradition of reverence for education that only East Asians have today.

The country has also Balkanized politically. Except for the East and West Coasts, most middle class white people are conservatives. Most black and latino Americans are on the left. This trend seems to be increasing.

"We've never had a shared national identity."

Factionalism is a given, but I'm referring to something that transcended temporary partisan advantage. When I was young America had less than half as many residents as it does now. There was an overwhelming national majority with a mongrelized pan-European identity that had no recollection of anything other than being American. This was the result of the termination of immigration in the twenties, and the consensus on assimilation.

They shared essentially a single culture economically, politically and socially. This created a cohesiveness similar to the cultural cohesiveness of the Han Chinese that exists today, or of the Latins of the Roman Republic. The men and women who raised me were the poor of the Depression, and the victors of WWII.

They were divided economically and politically into classes and parties, but they had a large measure of common consciousness based on shared culture and experience. It is that consciousness that made national unity possible.

White people are different today than they once were. The level of public education has deteriorated for two full generations. Look at how American students compare with students from other countries. This proves that there is a catastrophic failure in public education at the K-12 levels. Whites once had the tradition of reverence for education that only East Asians have today.

The country has also Balkanized politically. Except for the East and West Coasts, most middle class white people are conservatives. Most black and latino Americans are on the left. This trend seems to be increasing.

Getting a wee bit off topic here.

Muslims have been here since before we were even our own country. It's not surprising people would say otherwise, though. Their irrational fear and distrust of Muslims leads them to make assumptions that fit their world views. "There were no Muslims on the Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria," or talking about slavery. It sounds reasonable, in their misguided view of the world, so they just assume it to be true even though they just made it up on the spot.

Obama was correct, but you'll never hear that from folks who think this way.

There were no Muslims on the Nina, the Pinta, or Santa Maria.

There were no Muslims on the Mayflower with the Pilgrims at Plymouth Rock.

There were Native Americans.
The first Thanksgiving seemed to have been devoid of any Muslims.

You're neglecting, of course, the Muslims who were enslaved by the above mentioned people. See the following articles: Edward E. Curtis, Muslims in America: A Short History (2009) ch 1; Sylviane A. Diouf, Servants of Allah: African Muslims Enslaved in the Americas (1998)

They count.

Last edited:
These are Palestinians celebrating victory on 9-11-01 and Obama Gives Another 200 Million to the "Palestinians" and you still have questions of his motives?

Just like Bush gave to palestine

Did you question his motives? Your claims are garbage, man. This mindless "fear muslims" rhetoric is painful to see, I just don't understand how Americans still get sucked into stuff like this. Grow up, man.

Obama is just putting on a show for the Arab Muslims in Egypt. It's nothing new.

Getting a wee bit off topic here.

Muslims have been here since before we were even our own country. It's not surprising people would say otherwise, though. Their irrational fear and distrust of Muslims leads them to make assumptions that fit their world views. "There were no Muslims on the Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria," or talking about slavery. It sounds reasonable, in their misguided view of the world, so they just assume it to be true even though they just made it up on the spot.

Obama was correct, but you'll never hear that from folks who think this way.

Yeah, I often wander. I think you're referring to the Moriscos or Moriscans. After the fall of Granada in 1492 the Moors who refused to convert to Catholicism were expelled, and those who did convert to Catholicism were allowed to remain. The latter group were the Moriscos.

I'm not sure what you're trying to imply here. The Eastern Roman empire (which wasn't commonly referred to as Byzantine until after it fell) ruled for over a thousand years. It had its high points, like the reign of Justinian I or the Komeni, and its low points, like Justinian the Noseless. There were great military victories, and a lot of getting spanked by Turks. Seeing as the base population was completely different, it was barely alike to Rome in anything but name. I'm not sure what your point is.

I'm not sure what you're trying to imply here. The Eastern Roman empire (which wasn't commonly referred to as Byzantine until after it fell) ruled for over a thousand years. It had its high points, like the reign of Justinian I or the Komeni, and its low points, like Justinian the Noseless. There were great military victories, and a lot of getting spanked by Turks. Seeing as the base population was completely different, it was barely alike to Rome in anything but name. I'm not sure what your point is.

I know you won't approve of neo-cons seeking redemption, but sometimes they have interesting things to say. I got the idea from Edward Luttwak's The Grand Strategy of the Byzantine Empire.

To paraphrase Luttwak, the Eastern Roman Empire/Byzantine Empire survived for roughly a thousand years after the last emperor of the Western Roman Empire because it was able to adapt strategically to diminished circumstances by devising new tactics for dealing with it's enemies.

After Justinian I, and his general Belisarius, it ceased to rely as predominantly on military power as had the former united Roman Empire. Instead, the Byzantine Empire focused on other sources of power, ingenious tactics designed to set it's enemies upon each other, and maintenance of a technological edge for much of it's existence.

The current iteration of America must decide whether it wishes to live or die. If it chooses to live, America must adapt strategically to a world of diminished circumstances. America might learn something by comparing the inability of the Western Romans to adapt with the adaptability of the Eastern Romans.

I can spend time digging up photos and putting together pieces of truth with some of opinion (along with ASSUMED information or statements) just like a divorce lawyer would do to the other side. If this was a court of law what you have about would be tossed out.

These VERY childish threads are cancer for America. If you want to be UN-American a post like this would be great. If you want to spread propaganda this is the way to do it. If you want to make America an ever weakened Nation, this is how ya do it. These threads defeat America, not make it stronger.

You sir are a prime example of what is wrong in America today.

You have failed to see that the true cancer in our Nation is Obama and you further seem to to know nothing about History. Everything I said is absolute truth but as a Liberal as you truly are you are unable to address the facts.

You can't deal with the truth or the facts so in typical Liberal fashion you attack me personally.

Your inability to respond to the facts reflects a lack of of knowledge and or education. And it is being reinforced by those with a similar affliction, who thank you for a most unworthy post.

Liberals who come here and expose themselves by posting purely attack rants that have no basis in fact make themselves look silly except to other like empty minded Liberals.

It is always interesting for me that I am personally attacked by those who lack the mental acuity to stay on topic and discuss the actual facts of a topic.

In this case Obama proves once again to be a liar, and as a news reporter I would say it to his face, as I have done to others who are liars like Janet Napolitano.

Obama goes out in the World and apologizes because he hates his adopted Country, And the best you can do is attack me.

Where are your facts that show you know more than what you are told to say?

Where are the point by point refutations of what I say.

They are absent because they do not exist. Obama is a fraud and claims to be a Christian because it gets him votes, when in fact his only religion is Black Liberation Theology and I am not afraid to say it.

Obama is Anti-American and o is his mate and thy have both proved it in their own words.

I would say to all that when you have something of substance backed by fact to say please feel free to post it until then don't bother you only make yourself and others look foolishly with possible ignorance.

Last edited:
You sir are a prime example of what is wrong in America today.

I'm sorry... He is?

You have failed to see that the true cancer in our Nation is Obama and you further seem to to know nothing about History. Everything I said is absolute truth but as a Liberal as you truly are you are unable to address the facts.

ok got it, facts. You mean your silly youtube video and links. JESUS, I better address those "facts".

You can't deal with the truth or the facts so in typical Liberal fashion you attack me personally.

Oh ok. I see. But its perfectly acceptable to call him "whats wrong with America today".

Your inability to respond to the facts reflects a lack of of knowledge and or education. And it is being reinforced by those with a similar affliction, who thank you for a most unworthy post.

Seems you're repeating yourself sir.

Liberals who come here and expose themselves by posting purely attack rants that have no basis in fact make themselves look silly except to other like empty minded Liberals.

Funny, when that's all your posts are. Simple attack rants against Obama, without using hard facts and evidence and just ranting about this and that.

It is always interesting for me that I am personally attacked by those who lack the mental acuity to stay on topic and discuss the actual facts of a topic.

In this case Obama proves once again to be a liar, and as a news reporter I would say it to his face, as I have done to others who are liars like Janet Napolitano.

Okey Dokey.

Obama goes out in the World and apologizes because he hates his adopted Country, And the best you can do is attack me.

How does claiming a group has had an impact on American history mean he hates his country and is apologizing?

And wait a second sir you say "adopted Country". Does that mean that you don't think he was born here... are you a birther sir?

They are absent because they do not exist. Obama is a fraud and claims to be a Christian because it gets him votes, when in fact his only religion is Black Liberation Theology and I am not afraid to say it.

Welll aware you're not afraid to say it.

Untrue as it is. Youtube videos don't prove your assertion that he is a "Black Liberation Theologian".

Obama is Anti-American and o is his mate and thy have both proved it in their own words.

I would say to all that when you have something of substance backed by fact to say please feel free to post it until then don't bother you only make yourself and others look foolishly with possible ignorance.

Coming from you, that's about to open a rift in the space time continuum.

Notice how he still hasn't manned up and admitted to making **** up.

The captains of the Nina and Pinta were Muslim, and Islamic names appear in the register of colonial soldiers.

I read this entire thread and it is absolutely 100% ridiculous.

If you want to be UN-American a post like this would be great.

How are posts like this unamerican?

If you want to spread propaganda this is the way to do it.

What's wrong with propaganda? Isn't your propaganda against propaganda propaganda? Even propaganda as the false epithet that it's become doesn't really have anything to do with this entire thread unless you believe the OP is manipulating others with information that is knowingly untrue.

If you want to make America an ever weakened Nation

Propaganda weakens a nation? How?

These threads defeat America, not make it stronger.

What a nice concise chauvinist position you have there. I bet you can fit that on a poster with a clever illustration and share it.

I am for a STRONG America.... not a America gripped in civil wars CREATED by Spin Doctors!!!

Hoorah! Viva la Revolution! Where do I sign?!

If you want to make America an ever weakened Nation

Ah, it'll cause civil war. Damn,.. can't we just wait for another 2 years and elect candidates to support state rights and secession instead?

Anyways, we totally went off topic so I want to ask this question to anyone: Has Islam always been a part of America's history? I do not think so.

Anyways, we totally went off topic so I want to ask this question to anyone: Has Islam always been a part of America's history? I do not think so.

So, the muslim captains of the Nina and Pinta don't count, the muslim colonists who fought England don't count, the muslim slaves who were here before we declared independence don't count?

Oh, right, because the continental congress only allowed wealthy white men into the fold. THIS IS ARE COUNTRY!!!

So, the muslim captains of the Nina and Pinta don't count, the muslim colonists who fought England don't count, the muslim slaves who were here before we declared independence don't count?

Just because muslims have existed in US history and sailed ships, were slaves and fought does not mean Islam is a part of US history. Muslims? yes. Islam? no.

Just because muslims have existed in US history and sailed ships, were slaves and fought does not mean Islam is a part of US history. Muslims? yes. Islam? no.

You cant have one without the other

If muslims have been part of US history then Islam has been as well. A muslim is not a muslim if they do not follow Islam, just like a christian is not a christian if they do no follow christianity

Horse****.

Horse****.

Oh poor baby, does this turn over your whitewashed view of history?

The Pinzon brothers were the captains of the Nina and Pinta. (third brother was the second on one of the ships, can't remember which) They were related to a Moroccan sultan.

Last edited:
Oh poor baby, does this turn over your whitewashed view of history?

The Pinzon brothers may have been related to a Sultan (as many Spaniards even today could claim), but I don't find anything showing them to have been Muslim themselves. Do you have other info?

Back
Top Bottom