• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama: "Islam has always been a part of America 's history."

I don't know about conspiracies but that statement is unnecessarily patronizing and weak not to mention untrue. Not exactly a "Mr. Gorbachev tear down this wall" moment. Obama continues to seem very amateurish in foreign policy matters. He needs some new speech writers.

Every part of this is wrong.

Hubris.

...Until the introduction of the modern 10-based number system, which originated in India in the 600's

Not a Muslim invention. Certain learned men adapted and improved, who followed the Muslim faith, but Muhammad himself was as thick as the pigs Muslims now shy from. And as Islam was and is a personality cult, advanced maths had nothing to do with Islam itself.

During the European Dark Ages, Islam was promoting learning, literacy, and invention.

Nothing the Greeks and Romans didn't give Europe centuries earlier. Aquaducts, armour, metropolitan cities and other things I've heard credited to the 'Muslims' on occasion.

The compass was not invented in China....

Says you, boy: Compass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was invented by Muslims in the 13th century.

Not according to the National Maritime Museum: Sextant: - National Maritime Museum

Medicine and science in the Middle East were HUNDREDS of years ahead of Europe.

Which is probably why the Muhammadean practice of drinking camel urine is far superior to the stupid little practice of considering medicine as a scientific field - as begun by the Romans long before Muhammad's first massacre or paedophile rape: Roman Medicine

It's a brutal jihad when Muslims conquer Christians, but it's totally cool when the opposite happens.

By that logic, if the playing field be level, it was just as bad of us to declare war on Hitler because we dropped to his level during World War 2.

Muslims and the Europeans living there co-existed in relative harmony.

Koran 9:29 in action again, thanks to the 'enlightened' invading forces. Anyone would 'live in harmony' with that kind of dictatorship. And after a few generations, things would smooth anyway.

They brought advanced medicine and technology.

As human beings, they were bound to have experienced their own learning curves. But as I say, that's not to give Islam the credit. Otherwise, you could say 'Christianity discovered electricity and invented the television'.

Islam was promoting learning, literacy, and invention.

One bit that's actually true. Muslims cling to that tiny bit in the Hadith where Muhammad was recorded as telling Muslims to embrace science. OK, it was only to give the Muslims the edge in dominant warfare and supremacism, but many other Muslims ignored that. To their credit, I hasten to add.

It was only when Europeans returned to power that the name of the game was torture and forced conversion.

The poor lambs, they were so innocent themselves. Anyway, it would be quite reasonable for Europeans to want to run their own house again. Hundreds of years later, another jihad came and was only stopped at the gates of Vienna.

Islamic culture did not quash any knowledge that didn't square with their comfortable religion.

Well, science certainly contradicts Muhammad's 'revelations' that semen comes from the backbone, the world is flat and the sun sets in a mud puddle! People have been killed for a lot less than denying THAT rubbish!

Just remember that Muhammad was the always-right perfect man!

Islam in its own words: Is the Earth Flat and Mountains Help To Hold Firm the Earth?

A Flat Earth: The Islamic Perspective « K H A L A S !

Muhammad on Human Reproduction: Does Science Show That Islam Is True?

Plus, they're not doing so good today: Intellectual suppression: India and the Third World

CNN whitewashes Islam's death penalty for blasphemy - Jihad Watch

Comfortable? I'd ask all those Muslim victims of rape who were killed by stoning all these years what that means, to name one everyday example.

Racism is a totally acceptable position when talking about other cultures.

The 'r' word is used just as casually as the 'n' word once was. Not very impressive in either case.

They were just as brutal and violent as everyone else, often moreso, and have spent a lot of history aggressively attacking knowledge and learning in order to maintain their own power.

Yes, nobody was clean. But because Islam is an unchangeable sadistic death creed, WE have moved on whilst THEY (in the orthodox set) are still stuck in the Dark Ages.

Hence the tv show. Hence massive social unrest since large numbers of second-genaration 'radical' Muslims entered the scene.

In short, you can't make up stories and pass them as fact.

Another point I'd concede on. I'd stop if I were you.

soccer_net_hexagon.jpg

Cue the same applauding walruses for this one .... No? I am surprised!

Last edited:
Yes, Islam is a part of America's history. Modern mathematics, which allowed a great deal of the engineering and navigation that allowed people to cross the ocean, came from Baghdad. Many of the navigational technologies employed by Columbus and other explorers were of Muslim origin. The political regime in Spain that funded Columbus' trip came about as a reaction to hundreds of years of Muslim rule in Spain. And that's just stuff in 1492. As long as Europeans were coming to America, they brought with them Jews, Asians, Muslims, Africans, and dozens of other groups. We have a mixed history. We are a mixed people today.
Pachendale, Islam is an ideology and can't invent anything. Individual human beings must have the freedom, and often the education, to invent. At one time that might have been quite available within the Islamic community but no longer. The Islam of the past several hundred years has discouraged free thought, which is why any contribution they might have made to the modern world, all 1.6 billion of them, is negligible.

Not until Muslims are free from the constraints of Islam will they be full participants in the advancement of the sciences, the arts, etc. and ready to take their place in the modern world. The Muslims burka is a symbol not only of their physical world but also serves as a shroud that discourages light from entering their minds and soul.

Right now Islamism is the most dangerous movement in the world and a threat to Muslims as well as everyone else. You are not being "liberal" by pointing out that a Muslim contributed to mathematics a few centuries ago. Instead it appears to be a desperate attempt to justify Islamism, as though one man contributing to mathematics centuries ago is intended to compensate for what's going on now.

And no, Islam, thank God, is not a part of American history.

I don't know about conspiracies but that statement is unnecessarily patronizing and weak not to mention untrue. Not exactly a "Mr. Gorbachev tear down this wall" moment. Obama continues to seem very amateurish in foreign policy matters. He needs some new speech writers.

But these new speech writers would have to write what he doesn't believe. He would then likely have to follow their policies.

Better than getting new speech writers, America should get a new President.

Never mind Grant. All the more oppertunity to present more facts.

Back
Top Bottom