• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama: "Islam has always been a part of America 's history."

The Pinzon brothers may have been related to a Sultan (as many Spaniards even today could claim), but I don't find anything showing them to have been Muslim themselves. Do you have other info?

They're described repeatedly as "of Muslim origin," which is not surprising given how prominent Islam was in Spain at the time. Long ago I wrote a paper on Columbus' voyage, I wish I still had the books I used for it.

They're described repeatedly as "of Muslim origin," which is not surprising given how prominent Islam was in Spain at the time. Long ago I wrote a paper on Columbus' voyage, I wish I still had the books I used for it.

Sure. They've been described as "from Muslim origin" solely because they were related to the Sultan. I've found nothing other than that. Being related to the Sultan does not mean that they themselves were Muslim. Nor, actually, does "from Muslim origin" in the first place. Given that this phrase appears to be used pretty much exclusively among things posted on the Internet by "Muslim historians," it sounds to me like a deliberate attempt to claim them as Muslims when they really weren't.

Oh poor baby, does this turn over your whitewashed view of history?

The Pinzon brothers were the captains of the Nina and Pinta. (third brother was the second on one of the ships, can't remember which) They were related to a Moroccan sultan.

Show evidence that they were muslim.

They were recommended by the catholic church to Columbus and married Spaniards. You are full of horse****.

There were no blacks at the signing of the declaration of independence, guess they don't count either! Bunch of tories and loyalists they are right?

If muslims have been part of US history then Islam has been as well.

So captains of a ship, a few slaves who traveled with explorers on behalf of spain and a few fighters were muslim or of muslim origin and therefor islam is a part of american history under this criteria. I guess it doesn't take much for an ideology to be a part of somethings history so long as members of the ideology have had their names recorded in immigration and war. Because of this, most anything "has always been" a part of any history and so saying so doesn't really imply that this means to the history of anything.

This is why I contend that Islam is not a part of American history.

I big question is, who cares? Regardless if the President said these words or not it changes literally nothing. The only reason councilman started this topic is to use it as "proof" that Obama is part of some big conspiracy theory.

If it's all irrelevant, then why does Obama feel the need to go out of his way to draw attention to it? (No, this is not a conspiracy theory or an accusation of anything at all, merely a question.)

If it's all irrelevant, then why does Obama feel the need to go out of his way to draw attention to it? (No, this is not a conspiracy theory or an accusation of anything at all, merely a question.)

If you've read any of councilman's posts you'd know he was a conspiracy theorist, which is why any debate on his opinions is pointless and worthless.

If you've read any of councilman's posts you'd know he was a conspiracy theorist, which is why any debate on his opinions is pointless and worthless.

I'm not worried about Councilman.

Because Americans are displaying an unusually high level of animosity towards Muslims these days. Animosity that isn't earned.

Because Americans are displaying an unusually high level of animosity towards Muslims these days. Animosity that isn't earned.

Is it irrelevant or isn't it?

Hanbali Muslims are trying to kill Americans on a daily basis. The most prominent American Muslim is Anwar Al Awlaki. What do you expect?

Many American suffer from an instinct for self-preservation. I don't know why Americans are so unwilling to see their children die at the hands of Salafists and Wahaabis. The last two sentences are a theatrical device.

You know what the conditions were that created to our rise to superpower status?

All the competition was bombed to hell from 1939 to 1945.

That's it. When it came time to rebuild, we were the only ones with an intact industrial base. A fluke of geography that kept us out of reach of any attack.

People who reflexively and dismissively say this seem to forget for that for 50 years, we had an economic and political rival whom the sorts of people who reflexively say this also said was going to clean our clocks.

People who reflexively and dismissively say this seem to forget for that for 50 years, we had an economic and political rival whom the sorts of people who reflexively say this also said was going to clean our clocks.

Acknowledging the geography of the planet is not akin to saying the Soviet Union was going to kick our butts. You've just gone into making ridiculous leaps of logic and association, and it doesn't help whatever argument you are making

This country is not just comprised of who was on the Nina, Pinta or Santa Maria. This is a country of immigrants ( most of whom were not at the signing of the Declaration of Independence) and Muslims Americans have the same rights to live and worship in peace as everyone else who has ever come to our shores. It is time to stop advocating hate filled propaganda based on fear and Fox news. True Americans would stand up for the rights of everyone !!

Hanbali Muslims are trying to kill Americans on a daily basis. The most prominent American Muslim is Anwar Al Awlaki. What do you expect?

Many American suffer from an instinct for self-preservation. I don't know why Americans are so unwilling to see their children die at the hands of Salafists and Wahaabis. The last two sentences are a theatrical device.

And how about the billion-plus Muslims who've never committed a crime in their lives? White people kill Americans on a daily basis too.

Do you by any chance write for Family Guy? Because that's quite the non-sequitur.

Does anyone remember Molly Norris the political cartoonist?

Does anyone remember what happened to her?

Even the FBI couldn't protect her after she proposed drawing cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed, PBUH, because there are American Muslims who cannot be deterred from punishing blasphemy.

Americans are going to have to change their behavior in order to accommodate those who cannot be deterred.

The American Melting Pot and the idea of assimilation are dead. Now America is a series of Balkanized countries. Caution is necessary in order to prevent people from other versions of America from killing you over free speech.

And how about the billion-plus Muslims who've never committed a crime in their lives? White people kill Americans on a daily basis too....

When all of those folks sign the Euston Manifesto we can disguss this subject.

It's scary how xenophobic people can be. A quick search on JSTOR will show a myriad of articles involving the influence of Muslims on America going as back as Jefferson. As a matter of fact both him and Ben Franklin wrote extensively on the American-Islam relationship during the Barbary Wars.

When all of those folks sign the Euston Manifesto we can disguss this subject.

What the **** does that have to do with anything?

Albert Di Salvo, I haven't heard you condemn the actions of the KKK. Clearly, you're sympathetic to their point of view! :roll:

Last edited:
What the **** does that have to do with anything?

I don't care about foreign Muslims because I don't care about non-Americans. As far as American Muslims are concerned they are entitled to full equality under the law, but they are not entitled to my trust. No one is until they prove themselves.

The only person who speaks effectively for American Muslims is Imam Anwar Al Awlaki, born in New Mexico. The confessor of terrorists from Mohammed Atta to Nidal Hasan to the Abdulmutallib fellow.

Anwar Al Awlaki speaks for all American Muslims unless they get off their rear ends and let me know that America is more important than the Ummah, and that the Imam is their bitter and immortal enemy.

In short, American Muslims are not concerned with expressions of solidarity with non-Muslim Americans. So while they have equal rights, they are nevertheless, nothing more than strangers.

Do you by any chance write for Family Guy? Because that's quite the non-sequitur.

It was a direct response to something YOU write. :shrug:

I don't care about foreign Muslims because I don't care about non-Americans. As far as American Muslims are concerned they are entitled to full equality under the law, but they are not entitled to my trust. No one is until they prove themselves.

The only person who speaks effectively for American Muslims is Imam Anwar Al Awlaki, born in New Mexico. The confessor of terrorists from Mohammed Atta to Nidal Hasan to the Abdulmutallib fellow.

Anwar Al Awlaki speaks for all American Muslims unless they get off their rear ends and let me know that America is more important than the Ummah, and that the Imam is their bitter and immortal enemy.

In short, American Muslims are not concerned with expressions of solidarity with non-Muslim Americans. So while they have equal rights, they are nevertheless, nothing more than strangers.

I haven't seen you on the news condemning the KKK. Why is that?

I haven't seen you on the news condemning the KKK. Why is that?

Why? Cuz there's no need to. The actual members of the KKK now have at least one foot in the grave. Even if that was not true, white people today are a shadow of what they once were. The white people who put a man on the moon in less than ten years are all gone. The white people today are weak and unimaginative. They are doomed in the fullness of time. Just like the Rapa Nui. Nothing is forever.

TAKE YOUR LITTLE MARXISTS ON A FUN DAY TO OBAMA BEACH:

Underpant stain: YouTube - gordon brown on obama beach

Later, the Pres. takes time to abuse his position by broadcasting Islamic propaganda and taquiyya to the world:

Amongst the drivel and Koran-bashing, Obammers runs through a list of 'Muslim' advancements. Such lists tend to be tosh, comprising of inventions by the likes of the Chinese and Greeks. Either that or any Arab discoveries or developments would have only the most tenuous links to Islam.

Mind, there is the other side to genuinely Islamic contributions to culture, albeit in the music-hall/Auschwitz sense:

YouTube - Iraqi TV Debate: Is the Earth Flat?

YouTube - Muhammed Said Kill All The Jews ?

Hezbollah Special Forces 2 – Training Kids to Kill Jews « Waste Of My Oxygen

Khomeini's Teachings on sex with infants and animals

When Halal Isn't Enough - elan: The Guide to Global Muslim Culture

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europ...sharia-stock-exchange-hmm.html#post1058634646

...And some of them do have inventive ways of making new bombs.

Funny how he never mentions those!

"Don't disrupt Muslims in the West",
he also says.

islamdemonstration_thumb.jpg

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europ...ic-extremism-religion-peace-did-they-say.html

YouTube - Europe is Becoming Eurabia - Fast! America is Next... , etc.

He seems to think that if you let them alone there'll be peace and tranquility:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/gener...n-away-damning-government-research-paper.html

The Amboy Times: The List of Things That Offend Muslims

Even ethnic rights campaigners fall prey to Muslim supremacists playing victim: YouTube - Juan Williams firing causes problems for CAIR and NPR

Cafe owner ordered to remove extractor fan in case smell of frying bacon offends passing Muslims | Mail Online

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europ...e-birminghams-now-islam-zone-rule-police.html

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe/82243-look-ongoing-islamification-france.html

Nepal: School textbook banned for "feminine" depiction of Muhammad - Jihad Watch

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe/84549-mohammed-now-most-popular-boys-name-england-5.html

MUSLIM BIGOTS AND DEATH-THREATENED CHRISTIANS:

...And the beat goes on.

Individual peaceful Muslims may have a place in modern America. But given their Religion of Hate, I would imagine most free people in the know would choose to drop it!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom