• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama is making a joke of America [W:165]

Has obama made America look weak and become a joke

• Yes, the whole world is laughing

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • No, this has made America look strong not weak

Votes: 19 48.7%

• Total voters
LOL....when people talk about world class cities, they generally talk about NYC, Los Angeles, Paris, London.....can't remember the last time Fullerton or Newport Beach were mentioned. You obviously don't get out much.

Do you know how many weeks it takes to get the stench out of my car when I cross the Orange Curtain and enter L.A. ?

LOL....when people talk about world class cities, they generally talk about NYC, Los Angeles, Paris, London.....can't remember the last time Fullerton or Newport Beach were mentioned. You obviously don't get out much.

Well, that's the problem with world-class cities, my friend.
They're full of furriners....even our cities are teeming with 'em.

Do you know how many weeks it takes to get the stench out of my car when I cross the Orange Curtain and enter L.A. ?

Stay behind your orange curtain...we don't need your kind here.

Very naive post. If America is perceived as weak, the world's predators begin to probe, jabs to see how far they can go, how much they can get away with, stuff that never makes the radar of a Liberal MSM, events that happen entirely in foreign countries. Notice how much more Russia is flexing it's muscles since Obama betrayed Poland with the withdrawal of the promised missile defense.

Others, internally, begin to betray a disrespected Obama and their country by leaks.

Obama is the wrong person in the wrong place and the consequences are enormous for the United States.

In other arenas, Americans don't care what the world thinks, but when it comes to fear and disrespect, that is vital.

I don't really disagree with much of what you've said.
However, I would say that our weakness has been exposed by our decade+ long, feckless Mideast adventures.
We can't crush our enemies and get the hell out.
We linger endlessly with nation-building occupations, dying the death of a thousand cuts.
As for Putin and Russia, they invaded Georgia before Obama was elected.
Face it, nations--our enemies, if you will--will pursue their own best interests.
The USA isn't omnipotent.

He only said that he didn't NEED congress's approval. He didn't say, as far as I know, that he would attack without approval or that he wouldn't attempt to get approval.

With all due respect, he is using Congress as a scape goat in this instance.

Honestly. Syria's alleged action is a threat to our national security. Obama wants to enact a LIMITED military air strike, BUT... it's not enough of a threat to national security until Congress meets, debates and votes.

In two weeks.

I smell a rat.

This is a loaded question intended to make Obama look like even more of a bad guy than he already is. Yes, he looks like a spineless and indecisive leader, but that doesn't make America look weak. We could demolish the earth 15 times over with our nuclear arsenal if we so desired, so how can anybody call the US weak?

If Obama looks weak and indecisive America looks weak and indecisive and Obama has advocated getting rid of most of our nukes so I wouldn't go there. Besides that being weak and indecisive is the best way I know to end up having to use those nukes.

I don't know why you people care about what other countries think of us anyway. That's the problem. All of you guys on here that are worried about what other countries think of us need to remember the lesson your Mommy's taught you. Remember, the whole "walk away unless they hit you" lesson? China is the only country in the world right now that would have even a long shot of hanging with us in a war. The rest of them, despite the posturing and bloviation, know that we would smoke them in a hot minute if we wanted to. There's no doubt in anyone's mind that we have the most technologically advanced and well trained military in the world. On the other hand, most of you on this thread love to volunteer guys like me to go over show these lowly Middle East countries who's boss. If you are so worried about it, strap some boots on and pick up a rifle. If not, shut up and color. Let the grown ups worry about the wars. Go worry about staying employed, the next local election, etc. There are far more important things facing our country right now that what Syria or any other dirt poor Arab nation thinks of us.

The thing is they know we don't want to and will end up fighting their fight like in Iraq and Afghanistan. Sure we could just turn them to gravel if we wanted to but they know we never will .

Its refreshing to see a President that isn't a cowboy and understands the proper steps that should be taken. We know what happened the last time a couple of people decided to go attack a country....we are still paying for that one today.

You do realize Obama called Afghanistan "the good war" and he was the one that initiated the surge there that led to more US deaths than we suffered in Iraq don't you, or do you?

Must we blame our stupidity on our President?

Who does he blame his stupidity on?

Are you saying that the man isn't responsible for the decisions he makes....or doesn't make?

Fill me in on what you meant, if you would.

In a word, no.

Does it make America look strong? By some definitions, perhaps.

I don't think any red line has been crossed. The USA proof that Assad used gas is zilch. There is lots of proof that it was the rebels that used the gas. The war hawks and military/industrial/corporate complex and big energy will push and push Congress and Obama to get their war, but perhaps Obama feels sumpin' slippin', like being misled by his trusted intelligence services. The rebels have big budgets from their Saudi sponsors.

You may be right about who used the gas but the point is Obama and Kerry said Syria used it so his red line has been crossed or at least he thinks it has.

Can you flesh your opinion out a bit?

Simply put, going before Congress was a political move and an appeal. The majority of Americans believe Obama should go through Congress for any action on Syria, which he is. He's trying to get congress to side with him while showing that he listens to the American people. Probably a wise move.

Does it make America look strong? For those who believe that any military action requires congressional approval, then yes, one could argue it makes us "strong" by going through Congress.

It matters little though. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. It's a shame that we waited so long. We should've struck when the Free Syrian Army was at its strongest.

Simply put, going before Congress was a political move and an appeal. The majority of Americans believe Obama should go through Congress for any action on Syria, which he is. He's trying to get congress to side with him while showing that he listens to the American people. Probably a wise move.

Does it make America look strong? For those who believe that any military action requires congressional approval, then yes, one could argue it makes us "strong" by going through Congress.

It matters little though. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. It's a shame that we waited so long. We should've struck when the Free Syrian Army was at its strongest.

I'll agree we should have armed rebels when they were rebels not terrorist but on the congress thing I disagree. From the very beginning of this Obama turned his back on the US congress and instead went to NATO stating very explicitly that he did not need congressional approval. Only after NATO told him to take a hike did he suddenly have a desire to go to congress which makes him look like he is suddenly looking for an excuse to back down and somehow blame congress for his mess.

If Obama looks weak and indecisive America looks weak and indecisive and Obama has advocated getting rid of most of our nukes so I wouldn't go there. Besides that being weak and indecisive is the best way I know to end up having to use those nukes.

Getting rid of most of our nukes doesn't make a sliver of a difference. It would only take 35 nukes developed during the 1950's to destroy the face of the earth entirely. The United States owns up to 7,700 nuclear weapons, most of which are newer (and stronger) than the one tested in the 1950's. Please do not tell me that by decommissioning nukes Obama is making the United States look weak.

I'll agree we should have armed rebels when they were rebels not terrorist but on the congress thing I disagree. From the very beginning of this Obama turned his back on the US congress and instead went to NATO stating very explicitly that he did not need congressional approval. Only after NATO told him to take a hike did he suddenly have a desire to go to congress which makes him look like he is suddenly looking for an excuse to back down and somehow blame congress for his mess.

Quite possibly. It's a political move to be sure. Although, he doesn't need Congressional Approval.

Getting rid of most of our nukes doesn't make a sliver of a difference. It would only take 35 nukes developed during the 1950's to destroy the face of the earth entirely. The United States owns up to 7,700 nuclear weapons, most of which are newer (and stronger) than the one tested in the 1950's. Please do not tell me that by decommissioning nukes Obama is making the United States look weak.

Obama makes us look weak with things like this Syria circus. His white house looks like the Keystone cops. His wanting to decommission are nuke arsenal doesn't make us look weak, it makes us actually become weak. The best way to never have to use our nukes is for other countries that have them or want them to know we have 10 times as many. Think of it this way, if you had a single shot 22 pistol and the other guy had a Thompson submachine gun are you going to shoot at him?

Obama makes us look weak with things like this Syria circus. His white house looks like the Keystone cops. His wanting to decommission are nuke arsenal doesn't make us look weak, it makes us actually become weak. The best way to never have to use our nukes is for other countries that have them or want them to know we have 10 times as many. Think of it this way, if you had a single shot 22 pistol and the other guy had a Thompson submachine gun are you going to shoot at him?

I don't feel that I need explain again how Obama is not making us weaker with decommissioning nukes. As for Syria, I agree, he dug himself a hole by talking big and Assad called his bluff. Now he has to come out and acknowledge what he did wrong and we need to move on. None of this "limited war" crap. Fix America before you fix the world.

his inexperience has been shown throughout his presidency, it is a shame those that voted him in were not smart enough to see the signs prior to that.

LOL....we already had one President who called himself "The decider" who didn't understand the role of the President. Tough talk an stupidity only get you so far. Thank God we have a President who understands and who is restoring honor and integrity to the whitehouse.
Yep. Didja really thank God? Really?

more partisan propaganda

Back
Top Bottom