• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama is even incompetent when there's a government shutdown, cancles football games

APACHERAT

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I remember numerous federal government shutdowns during the Carter administration and no service academy football games were ever canceled.

In fact only under President Obama's and Harry Reid's government shutdown has any service academy sporting events have been canceled. It never happened during the other 17 government shutdowns during the Carter, Reagan, Bush and Clinton administrations.

This is complete incompetence of the Obama administration. It's actually been 4 years and 9 months of failures and incompetencies.

I think Obama does this BS on purpose then blames it on G.W. Bush or the Republicans.

Shutdown threatens football

The Defense Department has suspended all intercollegiate athletic events for the military service academies due to the government shutdown.

The shutdown may affect the college football game between Navy and Air Force on Saturday as well. A soccer game between the Naval Academy and Howard University scheduled for Tuesday has already been canceled.

“As a result of the government shutdown, the Department of Defense has suspended all intercollegiate athletic competitions at the Service Academies,” the Naval Academy said in a statement.

Read more: Shutdown threatens Navy-Air Force game - The Hill's DEFCON Hill

Re: Obama is even incompetent when there's a government shutdown, cancles football ga

Football is an essential service and we should have closed down something else that is less important. How about Air Traffic Control? Why would you be flying during a football game?

The horror. Oh, the horror.

Stocks went up today because footballers were buying stocks?

Re: Obama is even incompetent when there's a government shutdown, cancles football ga

Obama will shut parts of government down that inconvenience people and disrupt their personal lives. It's politics, dirty, but politics none the less. Carter and Bush had more integrity.

Please, there are actual things that actually matter. :roll:

I remember numerous federal government shutdowns during the Carter administration and no service academy football games were ever canceled.

In fact only under President Obama's and Harry Reid's government shutdown has any service academy sporting events have been canceled. It never happened during the other 17 government shutdowns during the Carter, Reagan, Bush and Clinton administrations.

This is complete incompetence of the Obama administration. It's actually been 4 years and 9 months of failures and incompetencies.

I think Obama does this BS on purpose then blames it on G.W. Bush or the Republicans.

Shutdown threatens football

The Defense Department has suspended all intercollegiate athletic events for the military service academies due to the government shutdown.

The shutdown may affect the college football game between Navy and Air Force on Saturday as well. A soccer game between the Naval Academy and Howard University scheduled for Tuesday has already been canceled.

“As a result of the government shutdown, the Department of Defense has suspended all intercollegiate athletic competitions at the Service Academies,” the Naval Academy said in a statement.

Read more: Shutdown threatens Navy-Air Force game - The Hill's DEFCON Hill

What have football games got to do with the government? What a crock! :thumbdown:

Good evening, APACHERAT. :2wave:

What have football games got to do with the government? What a crock! :thumbdown:

The intent is to maximize pain where possible. Good evening pg...

Really? What to football games of the navy and air force teams have to do with the government? Other then the government paying for them?

Good afternoon Pulgara. :2wave:

Exactly, this is just more of Obama's BS.

I remember back during the Carter administration there were numerous long shutdowns of government during football seasons and Army, Navy and Air Force all continued to play football against other universities and colleges.

It's as if the current administration goes out of it's way to affect as many people in the private sector as possible any time they try to redirect the blame of Obama's lack of leadership.

Football is an essential service and we should have closed down something else that is less important. How about Air Traffic Control? Why would you be flying during a football game?

The horror. Oh, the horror.

Stocks went up today because footballers were buying stocks?

The market on Wall Street went up today because there's less of Obama's government to screw things up in the private sector.

Really? What to football games of the navy and air force teams have to do with the government? Other then the government paying for them?

Actually those games bring in a lot of money.

Spectators do not pay to watch the teams play? I didn't know that! If the government pays for the referees, I'd think the players and coaches would be willing to chip in so they could play, and it wouldn't cost the government anything. This is a long standing rivalry, and always fun to watch. Sad...

Greetings, Redress. :2wave:

Actually those games bring in a lot of money.

Got proof?

Spectators do not pay to watch the teams play? I didn't know that! If the government pays for the referees, I'd think the players and coaches would be willing to chip in so they could play, and it wouldn't cost the government anything. This is a long standing rivalry, and always fun to watch. Sad...

Greetings, Redress. :2wave:

You said they had nothing to do with the government. The opposite is true.

The market on Wall Street went up today because there's less of Obama's government to screw things up in the private sector.

See. There you go. Everything is perfect now so don't complain about football games. I'm looking forward to a 6 month shutdown so stocks can go to 20,000.

Are the classes at the academies cancelled? Oh, they're not? Ok.

Good afternoon Pulgara. :2wave:

Exactly, this is just more of Obama's BS.

I remember back during the Carter administration there were numerous long shutdowns of government during football seasons and Army, Navy and Air Force all continued to play football against other universities and colleges.

It's as if the current administration goes out of it's way to affect as many people in the private sector as possible any time they try to redirect the blame of Obama's lack of leadership.

You said they had nothing to do with the government. The opposite is true.

Actually my question was what do football games have to do with the government. I wasn't being snarky...I really didn't know the government paid for them. It's still sad, and I hope they reconsider for the players' sakes.

Got proof?

Do you really need proof ?

If they didn't make money for the colleges, they wouldn't have players on the teams who have a SAT of 500 and never graduate.

Have you ever looked at the NBA or most of the players who play with the NFL ?

Well just for you Redress.

College Athletics Revenues and Expenses - 2008
Delve into the details behind the money that moves college sports. Find out how much athletic departments make from ticket sales, playing in away games, donations, media rights and other sources compared to what they spend on recruiting, tuition, travel, coaches' pay and more. Note: The money categories are just highlights from athletic departments' financials, so they won't add up to the totals at the end. Where a school or other source did not provide information, the field is blank.

College Athletics Revenues and Expenses - ESPN

See. There you go. Everything is perfect now so don't complain about football games. I'm looking forward to a 6 month shutdown so stocks can go to 20,000.

I can throw some logs in the fire place tonight and don't have to worry that the EPA will be knocking on my door to issue me a $500 ticket.

I might even replace the bulbs in my lamps to night with incandescent bulbs.

I think it went up because Wall Street realizes that the tea party has slit its own throat and will soon sink into obscurity.

I can throw some logs in the fire place tonight and don't have to worry that the EPA will be knocking on my door to issue me a $500 ticket.

:thumbs: :bravo:

Good ideas! Lets go on a (Federal) crime spree. How often does this kind of window of opportunity open?

Do you really need proof ?

The eternal refrain of conservatives trying so hard to avoid it.

Name one thing that actually matters more than these football games? Surely you jest?

Name one.

I hope this is still going on this weekend so I can go hiking in the National Park. There will be nobody there to tell me I can't. I might even catch a fish and not tell anyone. :shock:

Back
Top Bottom