• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama In Vietnam Announces End of Longstanding Arms Embargo

Brtblutwo

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
As U.S relations with China sour, corporate leaders here at home realize they will soon need to move their factories to a new Asian country for cheap labor. This action by the Obama administration has been encouraged by the fat cats who stand to lose billions-of-dollars when the U.S. and China sever relations, and will be criticized publicly by the GOP. But privately, the Republicans know the billionaires that pay for their reelections will be pleased.

Conservatives should be happy as clams to see Obama carrying on the Reagan/Republican tradition of trickling wealth down on the people of Asia as the U.S. middle class continues to decline. This decline should speed up significantly with a billionaire sitting in the Oval Office beginning in January 2017.

Obama in Vietnam announces end of longstanding arms embargo - AOL

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you agree with me that's fine. If you do not, I don't really care.

As U.S relations with China sour, corporate leaders here at home realize they will soon need to move their factories to a new Asian country for cheap labor. This action by the Obama administration has been encouraged by the fat cats who stand to lose billions-of-dollars when the U.S. and China sever relations, and will be criticized publicly by the GOP. But privately, the Republicans know the billionaires that pay for their reelections will be pleased.

Conservatives should be happy as clams to see Obama carrying on the Reagan/Republican tradition of trickling wealth down on the people of Asia as the U.S. middle class continues to decline. This decline should speed up significantly with a billionaire sitting in the Oval Office beginning in January 2017.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you really think that republicans will be the only ones licking their chops? There are just as many democrats who will be jumping all over this to pocket some money.

Democrats are just as dirty.

Even her highness "Nancy Pelosi"............. exempted Del Monte from paying a higher minimum wage. A company that her husband had 17 million invested in.

Do you really think that republicans will be the only ones licking their chops? There are just as many democrats who will be jumping all over this to pocket some money.

Even her highness "Nancy Pelosi"............. exempted Del Monte from paying a higher minimum wage. A company that her husband had 17 million invested in.

Hilarious isn't it? These low information leftists.

Actually, I believe it was probably Truman and Eisenhower that started the development process you mention. It has been very successful all told.

This will greatly please Obamas Chinese masters :lol:

Hilarious isn't it? These low information leftists.

Ah...do ANY of you four realize that all that President Obama did was remove the ONLY restriction on items - lethal weapons - that we wouldn't sell Vietnam? Most restrictions were lifted in 2007 by that ultra-left liberal progressive Democrat George W. Bush. Oh, wait - you mean Bush was a Republican???? Gee, but looking at your posts above, it's only America-hating liberals who would even think of selling stuff to commies, huh?

And as far as "shipping factories overseas", Obama's move does precisely d**k when it comes to allowing that...because our weapons factories are NOT moving overseas. If anything, he just made our weapons industry a lot more money, which means more jobs...all part of his plan to destroy America, y'know.

But I get it - anything Obama does must be bad/terrible/horrible for America - it's simply inconceivable that he would do anything right ever...and if anyone on the Right ever even hinted that Obama did something good for America, well, that particular individual would immediately be digitally tarred-and-feathered and have his 'conservative man card' taken away from him with prejudice, forever branded as a America-hatin' left-wing liberal Kenyan/Muslim/Atheist/Communist/Nazi loving LGBT wannabe.

Last edited:
So Obama is for letting Vietnam defend itself. Interesting. He lifts an arms embargo against Vietnam, but does everything he can to impose an arms embargo on the American people. I guess only non-Americans have a right to defend themselves and arm themselves in the eyes of this president.

Ah...do ANY of you four realize that all that President Obama did was remove the ONLY restriction on items - lethal weapons - that we wouldn't sell Vietnam? Most restrictions were lifted in 2007 by that ultra-left liberal progressive Democrat George W. Bush. Oh, wait - you mean Bush was a Republican???? Gee, but looking at your posts above, it's only America-hating liberals who would even think of selling stuff to commies, huh?

And as far as "shipping factories overseas", Obama's move does precisely d**k when it comes to allowing that...because our weapons factories are NOT moving overseas. If anything, he just made our weapons industry a lot more money, which means more jobs...all part of his plan to destroy America, y'know.

But Obama did this so it must be bad. This broken record has been playing for over 7 years, you would think they would tire of it.

A solid move which will foster closer relations and strength a country on the Chinese periphery.

It will. Because everybody knows you cant tell any of those orientals apart, so they must be all the same anti American commie types.

My comment flew right over everyone's heads.

Considering China and Vietnam are currently in a bitter territorial dispute I was doing a... Thing.

Never mind.

My comment flew right over everyone's heads.

Considering China and Vietnam are currently in a bitter territorial dispute I was doing a... Thing.

Never mind.

No - I forgot to throw in a sarcastic smilie. I got it, and thought it was pretty funny.

Vietnam pretty much has been afraid of China for thousands of years. China has always considered Vietnam as a threat - its not just a current thing - its like a Serb/Croat thing. Even older.

No - I forgot to throw in a sarcastic smilie. I got it, and thought it was pretty funny.

Vietnam pretty much has been afraid of China for thousands of years. China has always considered Vietnam as a threat - its not just a current thing - its like a Serb/Croat thing. Even older.

That Halo announcer voice: "Double Misunderstanding".

But I get it - anything Obama does must be bad/terrible/horrible for America - it's simply inconceivable that he would do anything right ever...and if anyone on the Right ever even hinted that Obama did something good for America, well, that particular individual would immediately be digitally tarred-and-feathered and have his 'conservative man card' taken away from him with prejudice, forever branded as a America-hatin' left-wing liberal Kenyan/Muslim/Atheist/Communist/Nazi loving LGBT wannabe.

Irrelevant. It has nothing to do with what I was referring to. Nice post tho:)

Back
Top Bottom